Frightfully Fun October Exercise Challenge

Sorry I haven't been posting regularly! Catching up from my scribbled paper list (mostly walking):

Sun 10/8 - 30 minutes
Tues 10/10 - 45 minutes
Wed 10/11 - 15 minutes

total new minutes - 90
new total for month - 210/500

Congratulations to PollyannaMom for reaching JACK-O-LANTERN ORANGE and to sophy1996 and me for reaching HOCUS POCUS PURPLE! Way to go! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Keep up the good work over the weekend, team!

We're moving along to 1997 and a movie that was recently recommended on another thread about a ride by the same name. Have you guessed it yet???? No, not THAT one. It's coming up later. Go on, try again. :jumping1:

That's right, it's the TOWER OF TERROR movie!!! Per the DISDB, "Written and directed by D.J. MacHale, Tower of Terror is a made-for-TV production supernatural thriller from Walt Disney Television. The 89-minute film is based on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror theme park attraction at Florida's Walt Disney World Resort, the first Disney production featuring one of its own attractions.

Steve Guttenberg portrays a former distinguished reporter who fell on hard times and now toils for a sleazy tabloid. His fortunes begin looking up after stumbling across a 1939 episode in which five people mysteriously disappear while in a luxury hotel elevator during a lightning storm. Buzzy Crocker (Guttenberg) and his niece Anna (Kirsten Dunst) become involved through a chance encounter with Abigail Gregory (Amzie Strickland), an older sister of one of the victims. Abigail claims to know the "real" story behind the incident, and her version intrigues Buzzy and Anna; so much that they attempt to recreate the decades-long mystery in hopes of solving it.

In addition to Guttenberg, Dunst and Strickland, other notable cast members include Nia Peeples, Michael McShane and Melora Hardin."

I am so excited to see this one! Have any of you watched it before? Perhaps viewing the opening scene will motivate us to watch/rewatch TOWER OF TERROR. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Have any of you ever watched this movie? I was fairly young when it was released, so I missed out.

I remember seeing the Ichabod cartoon a few times when I was I kid, but I haven't seen Watcher in the Woods.

Only a measly 10 new minutes to add (my walk yesterday got cut short) but I did notice Lifetime is showing this movie Saturday at 8:00 if anyone is looking. (I set my DVR, but may chicken out.)

220/500

Looks like you all had an active weekend. We have a few color changes. Shrfleen has reached JACK-O-LANTERN ORANGE and Elizabeth Smith and the TEAM have reached HOCUS POCUS PURPLE!!!! Hoorah!!! Great job! :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

And now it looks like we're getting into some Disney Channel originals on the Disney Halloween movie list. Next up is UNDER WRAPS. "Featuring a largely non-descript cast, the Disney Channel's 1997 production of Under Wraps is a Halloween-themed film involving the discovery of a 3,000 year-old mummy (Bill Fagerbakke) by a trio of 12-year-olds. Suspension of belief is necessary (it's only a movie) as the three befriend the obviously "out-of-his-element" mummy. Hilarity ensues through the efforts of the youngsters to keep their often-clumsy, bumbling discovery secret, and when they learn of an attempt by dark, powerful forces (led by veteran actor Ed Lauter) to "recapture" Harold (as named by them), the film takes on an "Us vs. Them" slant, with the predictable outcome.

Directed by Greg Beeman, who also was behind the camera on TV series as The Wonder Years, Nash Bridges, The Sentinel and JAG, Under Wraps was written and produced by Don Rhymer, who served the same dual role on hits such as Coach, Evening Shade and Caroline in the City." (DISDB)

I had trouble finding a decent trailer, but here's a short clip:

At least the music is catchy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter