Friend of 27 years took her life Monday.

Alicefan

Give me a cloudy day in Winter!
I found out yesterday that one of my closest friends couldn't cope with the loss of her son last month, so she took her life by shooting herself. My heart is broken. She was just in my chair getting her hair done on Thursday and she gave no warning signs. She asked me to find us a hair class to go to together and spoke of the future. She said things that one would expect after losing a child like, "I don't want to go on but I know I have to." and she spoke of how the only way she was getting through this was because of her faith. I just can't imagine being in such a dark place, and I can't imagine this life without her right down the street. I found myself in front of her house last night, sitting in my car, crying. Please keep her family and myself in your prayers.

I was shocked reading your post. I am so sorry for your loss. That must have been quite a shock with her talking about future plans.

Big hugs from the UK.

I was shocked reading your post. I am so sorry for your loss. That must have been quite a shock with her talking about future plans.

Big hugs from the UK.
Yes it was. If anything, she seemed to be coming out of the fog a little bit. It had been 6 weeks since her son's accident. I'm just crushed.

Yes it was. If anything, she seemed to be coming out of the fog a little bit. It had been 6 weeks since her son's accident. I'm just crushed.

I am not surprised. My Mum is a counseller here in the UK for people that have had close ones die. Do not be afraid to reach out for support. It is important Mum says escepically when the person has taken their own life.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I've lost someone to suicide as well, and it can be so difficult to process. Life can be so cruel sometimes. I cringe when I hear people say, "If God brought you to it, he will get you through it." NO, obviously he can't otherwise my loved one would still be here. It breaks my hear to know that people are suffering so deeply that they would choose to leave. That there are NO other possibilities. Hopefully your friend's family will look at counseling. I don't know where you live, but there are some great suicide grief support groups that I found after my loved one died. I bet there is one near you too.

I'm so sorry for your loss. No parent should ever have to bury a child. It's such a tragedy on top of another tragedy that she saw no other way.

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I'm glad you're reaching out in different places, because it's very very hard to find comfort. I can't imagine the way your friend was feeling. Losing a child is something parents never get over. I suppose losing a friend isn't any easier. I wish I could find better words. You will be in my thoughts.

Thank you. It's been hard. I find myself constantly wanting to call her and remind her of something or share something with her that I think might help and I keep having to remind myself that it's too late. Heartbreaking.

Thank you. It's been hard. I find myself constantly wanting to call her and remind her of something or share something with her that I think might help and I keep having to remind myself that it's too late. Heartbreaking.

I check in with my closest friend more than once a day. I cannot imagine the loss. Perhaps you can write her a letter, telling her how you feel, that you miss her, and you can share a fond memory. You can mail it with no return address. I don't know any of the other circumstances. You can just put her name on it, no address, and put a stamp on it and mail it. This may allow for some kind of peace - I'm not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!