Fridge/Freezers

Our current fridge is a side-by-side. We all hate it because the freezer is just too small. In fact, we bought a chest freezer for our frozen foods that we keep in our basement.

In my ideal world, I'd have a double door refrigerator with a big freezer on the bottom, and have no need for the chest freezer.

My last fridge was a side-by-side and I hated it. The freezer was tiny. You could not put a turkey or frozen pizza in the freezer. I used to have a chest freezer but hated digging through it to get to the stuff in the bottom.

My current fridge is a double door fridge with freezer below. I also currently have a stand up freeze. Both are huge improvements over the last ones.

Have and hate the side by side, it doesn't fit anything and I am always playing Zenga trying to stack and sort.

Family home had a big top freezer & fridge and we also had a second full freezer in the basement, miss that.

My last fridge was a side-by-side and I hated it. The freezer was tiny. You could not put a turkey or frozen pizza in the freezer. I used to have a chest freezer but hated digging through it to get to the stuff in the bottom.
I hate the chest freezer for that very reason, having to dig to get to the stuff on the bottom. Plus, it's like a black hole because we put stuff in there and then forget about it.
we also had a second full freezer in the basement, miss that.
Did you live in my childhood home? We had an old Norge freezer in our basement. It was huge, and worked like a charm. It went with us on three moves throughout the 70s and 80s. When we moved the final time in 1996 we had to leave it behind. It was still working. They don't make 'em like they used to.

I have a double door fridge on top, freezer on the bottom. Icemaker is in the freezer with no external dispenser.
We have a side by side in our motorhome. Not a fan of the configuration but it's in there. Since it's in the garage we use it as aux cold storage. It has an icemaker with a dispenser in the door. The icemaker is nice to have but takes up a ton of space in the freezer. If I ever need to replace it I'd go double door fridge up top with freezer drawer on bottom.

We have a 4 door Samsung french door on top. Freezer on bottom but two separate doors so the one can be either fridge or freezer. Water pitcher inside fridge auto-fills. We love it

We have a fridge over freezer. I hate the drawer freezer.
Just curious-why do you hate the drawer freezer? Is it the same reason as why I hate ours? It seems as if the stuff on the bottom always shifts around so that the upper drawer won't slide.

Absolutely hate our side by side … next will be fridge over freezer for us
We just went back to a side-by-side instead of a french-door fridge over bottom freezer. I'm actually liking it very much.
Many people with relatively modern fridges have this type - double doors on top to the fridge, with a single, pull-out freezer drawer on the bottom. This is a picture of our old one.
1710699116794.png

Just curious-why do you hate the drawer freezer? Is it the same reason as why I hate ours? It seems as if the stuff on the bottom always shifts around so that the upper drawer won't slide.
And if anything falls under the bottom drawer there's no getting it out without taking everything out of the drawer and taking the drawer out. We've mostly dropped ice cubes, but they still somehow leave stains on the bottom. It's a huge pain to clean under there.

IMG_0410.jpeg
I have this kind too (only white, not stainless) and I hate it. Stuff gets completely lost in the freezer, space to put taller things in the fridge is super limited, and there is no way I could ever thaw a turkey in it. On top if that, the door seals are already wearing out.

We have an upright freezer in the basement, which helps, but I wouldn't buy this kind again.

Pretty much agree with everything @PollyannaMom said.

Not thrilled with the fridge over freezer, but I do like the French door refrigerator for the most part - the storage and tall things is a bit limited though.

The problem with the Freezer is its like a chest freezer so stuff gets buried on the bottom and you have to dig for it or you forget about it because its buried. Even if you know its in there you have to dig for it.

Its a little less of an issue to me as I have way too many refrigerators and freezers - I still run out of space..
I have a good size upright freezer in the basement, as well as an older fridge with the top freezer and at least with those things don't get too lost. Also a kegerator and a beer refrigerator that stores cans. Oh and a small wine refrigerator as well that hold like 20 bottles..

I'm not sure if Id just go with a side by side or go with the same thing again when the time comes.

We have a side by side in the kitchen and I am very happy with it. My parents and brother both have french door refrigerators and I do not like them.

We recently purchased a second refrigerator for the laundry room and due to size constraints and our desire for it to be 100% fridge space we ended up purchasing a commercial cooler from Sam's. We absolutely love it! We have a close knit family and routinely have a large number of people over so it is great when hosting everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter