Friday 12/9, How busy?

asreitzel

ASR
We will be visiting the LA area next weekend and are wondering how busy Disneyland will be on a Friday in December. What kind of wait times should we expect for rides like Peter Pan, Pooh, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones?

The kids won't be out on break yet - so the bulk of the Dec crowds won't have hit. Historically, this is a low season for Disney - but with the 50th - the numbers don't mean as much! I'd say it'd be a pretty good day to go!

Well I will be at a conference there this coming week...and they said 8000 people had registered! :earseek: I am planning on being in DL during this time and can't wait. Not only is it my first time in DL, first time in CA, it will be my bd on the 10th! :wizard:

We make our trips to Disneyland in December. We find that the second week is normally less busy than the third week. However, this time when pricing motels starting about two months back, the week of the 5th-9th was a lot more booked than the week of the 12th-17th, which makes no sense to me.

I know that Disneyland has reached capacity on some Fridays this holiday season. With the 50th I think anything goes. Last year when we tried to get back into Disneyland on Friday Dec. 17th the crowds were so thick, they let directed us backstage from near Mr. Lincoln to near tomorrowland. The crowds were frightening (It was the first night of Fantasmic).

Just be prepared for the worst but hope for the best. It is Disneyland after all. :)

We were there this same time frame last year. It was extremely crowded that Friday but the weather was nice and warm for the first time in a while (cm told us that) so that may have had something to do with it. The crowds didn't really pick up too much until after lunch, then it got crazy. We ended up going to DCA that night for the Electrical parade and the crowds were much better over there. I would plan on getting there as early as humanly possible (30 minutes before park opening is best). Many of the locals will be working and in school and that helps with crowds during the weekdays. I have to say that Saturday was the worst day crowdwise I have ever seen at Disneyland. This time of year, especially if the weather is nice, you can expect crowds to be enjoying the holiday decorations and fun atmosphere. I would think the 50th would increase that factor. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter