French Quarter to the Fantasy...7 Nights in the Eastern Caribbean, April 2019! Completed June 7, 2020!

I thought I'd commented after your last update, but apparently not! :laughing: I guess I'll have to comment on both updates!

I do that all the time ::yes::

Hooray for winning the ship credit! I'm sure you put it to good use.

It was definitely helpful!

Vibe looks like great fun. It's so nice that they have special areas for kids of all ages.

The kids areas on the ships are so amazing. I'll have more of the little kids areas later in the report.

They do, but they typically get you to the port later...like 12:30-1pm...with no stop for wine on the way.
What? They don't stop for wine? Blasphemy! Good call

Not even close...I don't have the time or patience for that. Plus, these lovely, crafty people on ETSY do such a nice job :thumbsup2
You and I are so cut from the same cloth. I have not a crafty bone in my body

I think they were Rum Runners?? They were sweet but delicious 😋.
Now vacation has officially started!

I think it was $100 and I was absolutely stunned when they called my name
since I never win anything! So in the end I was really happy we went to this.
Awesome! Definitely worth the visit and getting hit by a scooter :D

And yes, @kastoney I did get a cocktail for the party...
That a girl :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Overall, dinner was fine. In general, I am not a huge fan of the main dining rooms on DCL,
with the exception of Animator's Palate on every ship, and Tiana's Place on the Wonder
Definitely doesn't look up to snuff with what I've seen on other ships. Though I didn't realize that each ship had different restaurants. #CruiseShipNovice

but our head server kept touching his nose and kind of grossed me out
and then we were stuck with him all week.
It wasn't bad enough that I would go and complain and switch
but it was kind of unappetizing...to say the least.
Oh that is disgusting!!! Not sure I could have not said something

However, since the tables are so close together, this night we were sat next to a very annoying family
and the son who was around 9-10 years old, would obnoxiously cry and yell for the first 30 minutes
What the heck is a kid that age doing behaving like that. Thank goodness you never saw them again.

Joining in!

My first cruise was in June 2012.
Mike and I got married on the Magic out of NYC on an 8-night sailing to Port Canaveral and the Bahamas.
This was just perfect for us since Mike doesn't fly and also because we wanted to bring along our kids ,
as well as my mom and my sweet niece who passed away 2 1/2 years later from complications from lupus.
So, for so many reasons, the Magic will always hold a special place in my heart :lovestruc :littleangel:

Aw I didn't know you got married on DCL! How amazing. 🥰 🥰

Gorgeous picture! I guess this isn't your actual anniversary since it was the "fake ceremony" but 6/24 is my parent's wedding anniversary!

However, I did end up winning the drawing for on-board credit at this meet!
I think it was $100 and I was absolutely stunned when they called my name
since I never win anything! So in the end I was really happy we went to this.

Wow! That makes it worth it!

But then, life said, "well, stop being so happy," and as we were leaving,
some old lady rammed into the back of my ankle with her scooter.
That was awesome :sad2:

Ugh how rude. She was jealous of your winnings.

Looks delicious!

Hi Kelly!!! I just found this. I am dying to hear everything about this cruise as I've never been on a Disney cruise and it's something I'd like to do in the future. Your first day sounded great. The waiter touching his nose would have grossed me out too and that nasty screaming kid would have driven me crazy!!!!

You and I are so cut from the same cloth. I have not a crafty bone in my body

I used to really try, but those boxes and boxes of craft supplies in my basement tell a different story :sad2:

Now vacation has officially started!

::yes:: :drinking1

Awesome! Definitely worth the visit and getting hit by a scooter :D

Yes, that $100 went a long ways towards my thousands of dollars medical bills :crazy2:

Definitely doesn't look up to snuff with what I've seen on other ships. Though I didn't realize that each ship had different restaurants. #CruiseShipNovice

Each ship has 3 Main Dining Rooms and you rotate through them each night, but your servers stay the same. This can be a really good thing if your server doesn't pick his nose and then carry out your food each night. (I jest...he wasn't picking because I definitely would have said something about that :crazy2:)

But then each ship is a little different too and on the Wonder, they have a restaurant called Tiana's Place and there is live jazz playing and Tiana walks around. It's so much fun, especially since Tiana is my favorite Princess!

Each ship also has Palo which is an amazing restaurant that has a slight up-charge. They have both brunch and dinner there. We only did brunch this trip and it is so amazing! Like, California Grill amazing :love:
In hindsight, we should have had a dinner here one night too, the problem is that it's for 18 and up and I like having dinner with the kids on the ship since they pretty much do their own thing the rest of the day.

On the Dream and Fantasy, there is another restaurant called Remy (also 18 and up) that also has an up-charge but is supposed to be incredible. I haven't tried it yet myself, but you...being the foodie that you are...would HAVE to try it if you ever went on one of those ships.

Oh that is disgusting!!! Not sure I could have not said something

I didn't notice it as much after the first night, but really makes for a bad first impression.

What the heck is a kid that age doing behaving like that. Thank goodness you never saw them again.

Exactly! And the parents were kind of clueless about it. SO happy we didn't see them again!

Hi Kelly!!! I just found this. I am dying to hear everything about this cruise as I've never been on a Disney cruise and it's something I'd like to do in the future. Your first day sounded great. The waiter touching his nose would have grossed me out too and that nasty screaming kid would have driven me crazy!!!!

Hi Jenny! :hug:

You definitely need to go on one, it's soooo relaxing :love:

I don't think the rum was overpowering, otherwise it would be a no for me too :crazy2:
hmmmm…. I'll give it a definite... maybe.
So hurry and book your cruise now to get some extra fastpasses!
:laughing:
The muster drill is pretty unpleasant no matter where the station is, so it's always nice when it's over and you can get on with the cruise!
Necessary evil, I suppose.
You'll be surprised to learn that we did finally figure out the door, thanks to Nicholas...
That's why you have kids. To do stuff for ya.
Look at you! All nautical and all. :)
Sadly, I got this Farmhouse Salad and as much as I love salad, I did not care for this at all...
It looks... pretty lame.
The Grand-Marnier Souffle
Heard lots about that.
People rave about the GM Souffle, but we both actually preferred the Creme Brulee.
Really! Huh!
our head server kept touching his nose and kind of grossed me out
and then we were stuck with him all week.
Ew...
I don't mind it taking two hours, but in general,
I prefer dinner to be around one hour. We all start getting antsy after that.
Yeah... if it's a really special meal, it can take as long as it wants. But if it's anything else... 2 hours is too long.
this night we were sat next to a very annoying family
and the son who was around 9-10 years old, would obnoxiously cry and yell for the first 30 minutes
of the dinner.
That sounds... not so pleasant. 9-10, though? Was he special needs? Or really just needing some parenting?
sometimes you just need a BLT and chips for dinner ::yes::
:laughing:

Our plan was to grab some beignets because we had been at POFQ for 4-nights
and had yet to try them.
I think there's some sort of law against that and we needed to rectify the situation
so as not to be thrown in Disney Jail.
Yep, I'm pretty sure you're right ::yes::

What a great start to your cruise! I love that you've included some videos too :thumbsup2

I am so excited to be reading about your cruise! :sail: After your first night experience in the dining room, I would have not returned the next night until I asked for a different wait staff and a different table. The little boy sounds like he is autistic from your description, but if he wasn't, he was definitely in need of better parenting! :confused:

Two hours for dinner seems like a bit much. I'm surprised that a cruise that's marketed for families has meals that are that long. My toddler is pretty excellent in restaurants (considering she's a toddler), and one hour is about our max before she needs to be able to wander around. An hour is a pretty long time for a little person!

It's too bad the food at Royal Court isn't your favorite - the pictures make it look pretty good! Looking at the menu (thanks for providing the menu!) I'd have a hard time choosing what to order as so many things look good - perhaps I have fancy taste! :laughing:

It's also too bad that one of your servers had the nose issue (how strange, and yuck?) and the family next to you had the rambunctious kid. I wonder if he had some medical or emotional issues? I suppose it's also possible that he wasn't used to sitting for so long (two hours!) so it didn't take him long to need distraction. Whatever the reason, I'm glad you didn't have to worry about him for the rest of your trip!

Yes, that $100 went a long ways towards my thousands of dollars medical bills :crazy2:
Were you really that hurt?????? Thought it just bled

Each ship has 3 Main Dining Rooms and you rotate through them each night, but your servers stay the same. This can be a really good thing if your server doesn't pick his nose and then carry out your food each night. (I jest...he wasn't picking because I definitely would have said something about that :crazy2:)
Ah, I don't think I realized that. I'd heard of different restaurant names but didn't know they were "main dining rooms" and you rotated through them. I'm clueless on all things Disney cruise

Each ship also has Palo which is an amazing restaurant that has a slight up-charge. They have both brunch and dinner there. We only did brunch this trip and it is so amazing! Like, California Grill amazing :love:
Now this place I'd heard of. Upcharge or not I'd be trying to eat there every day :D

hmmmm…. I'll give it a definite... maybe.

Well, when they are handing them out for free, you've got nothing to lose :drinking1

That's why you have kids. To do stuff for ya.

Precisely. Just yesterday I had Nicholas go down to the basement and carry up my suitcase so I can start packing ::yes::

Look at you! All nautical and all. :)

Nautical...hot mess...whatever. It was literally the only picture of me so I posted it :D

That sounds... not so pleasant. 9-10, though? Was he special needs? Or really just needing some parenting?

I believe it was the latter, though you never really know :confused3

What a great start to your cruise! I love that you've included some videos too :thumbsup2

Oh good, I was afraid the videos might be annoying! :rotfl:

I am so excited to be reading about your cruise! :sail: After your first night experience in the dining room, I would have not returned the next night until I asked for a different wait staff and a different table. The little boy sounds like he is autistic from your description, but if he wasn't, he was definitely in need of better parenting! :confused:

I don't believe he was special needs, though you never know. His parents just seemed kind of oblivious. In any case, I was just glad we didn't see them again :thumbsup2

Two hours for dinner seems like a bit much. I'm surprised that a cruise that's marketed for families has meals that are that long. My toddler is pretty excellent in restaurants (considering she's a toddler), and one hour is about our max before she needs to be able to wander around. An hour is a pretty long time for a little person!

They do have a thing where the kids' club crew will come pick up kids from the dinner so that is a nice option if you needed it. Then the parents can finish their dinner in peace.

It's too bad the food at Royal Court isn't your favorite - the pictures make it look pretty good! Looking at the menu (thanks for providing the menu!) I'd have a hard time choosing what to order as so many things look good - perhaps I have fancy taste! :laughing:

And I am not fancy at all :sad2:

I suppose it's also possible that he wasn't used to sitting for so long (two hours!) so it didn't take him long to need distraction.

That would make sense if this happened at the end of the meal. He was acting out as soon as we got there.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad you didn't have to worry about him for the rest of your trip!

Exactly!

Were you really that hurt?????? Thought it just bled

Nothing a Pina Colava couldn't fix :P

Now this place I'd heard of. Upcharge or not I'd be trying to eat there every day :D

Yes, you would. That is definitely a "Kari Restaurant." I'll have to consider going when Mike and I cruise next year. I know for sure we'll eat at Palo for both brunch and dinner 😋

Well, when they are handing them out for free, you've got nothing to lose :drinking1
Good. This way I won't feel guilty when I dump it.
Precisely. Just yesterday I had Nicholas go down to the basement and carry up my suitcase so I can start packing ::yes::
There you go!
Nautical...hot mess...whatever. It was literally the only picture of me so I posted it :D
Hardly a hot mess at all. :)
I believe it was the latter, though you never really know :confused3
This is true... but... I've seen soooooooo many parents who don't... parent.

Very pretty!!
:lmao:

You forgot your love of "baobab" trees.

You beat me to it!

I should always lead with that! 😆

:lmao:

She barely apologized and drove off and left me standing there with a bleeding ankle.
I could only chalk it up to her being served one too many Rum Runners possibly,

:sad2: What is wrong with some people...

I'm all caught up and hope to do better, a lot better, at commenting from here forward. After travel, it's always tough to get caught back up and feel you've done an adequate job and commenting. :hug:

I think they were Rum Runners?? They were sweet but delicious 😋
I love Rum Runner! I don't see them on the menu often but if I do I get one. I've tried making them at home but it's not quite the same.

The Chateaubriand Filet was delicious, though,
and I think this is what we all got since I don't have pics of anyone else's food.
That looks good. meat and potatoes, right up my ally.

Some of it is too fancy for me...I'm looking at you Duck...and in my opinion, I just don't really like it.
Luckily, there is usually a beef entree on the menu, but even that gets old night after night.
I have to agree with you there too. I'm not a fancy eater at all. So beef would be a safe bet. But it would get tired having it every night.

Good. This way I won't feel guilty when I dump it.

Exactly ::yes::

I'm all caught up and hope to do better, a lot better, at commenting from here forward. After travel, it's always tough to get caught back up and feel you've done an adequate job and commenting. :hug:

You've caught up and I've fallen behind :laughing:

I love Rum Runner! I don't see them on the menu often but if I do I get one. I've tried making them at home but it's not quite the same.

I don't know that it's something I'd order, but when someone hands me a free one, I'm not going to say no!

If anyone is still reading this, I'm sorry for the long pause in this report.
I recently returned from a quick trip with Allie which did include
experiencing Rise of the Resistance on the morning it opened,
plus seeing all the gorgeous Christmas decorations around WDW.
I was exhausted when I came back and of course, had to jump right back in to work!

I'll be back soon with another Fantasy update!

I recently returned from a quick trip with Allie which did include
experiencing Rise of the Resistance on the morning it opened,
I believe I saw that on Facebook? I don't FB much, but think I saw that as I quickly glanced at it a few days ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!