French Quarter Refurbished Rooms

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
I am staying at the French Quarter for the first time in many years and had heard that the rooms were being refurbished. Are all the buildings done or just some of them? Are they similar to the new rooms at Pop Century?

I am staying at the French Quarter for the first time in many years and had heard that the rooms were being refurbished. Are all the buildings done or just some of them?

The only building not completed is #7. It is scheduled to be completed around July 15th.

Are they similar to the new rooms at Pop Century?

In my opinion the only similarity is the flooring. But check it out for yourself.

https://www.portorleans.org/gallery-guest-RefurbPOFQ2018.php

Two normal queen beds, laminate floors. Beds are platform to allow your luggage to slide underneath. Very nice!

Glad to see they kept ceiling fan that seems to have been taken out in some other resorts during Reno. But sad that blinds were replaced with sheers and wall mounted shampoos in tub/ shower.

The only building not completed is #7. It is scheduled to be completed around July 15th.

In my opinion the only similarity is the flooring. But check it out for yourself.

https://www.portorleans.org/gallery-guest-RefurbPOFQ2018.php

Thanks for posting the link. What a yawn fest! The refurbished rooms are the "any motel in anytown" type. The exception being that most others within this price point don't give wall mounted toiletries.:(

We're going to POFQ in January for the first time and I am a little sad at how plain these rooms are. Where's the Disney theme!! We usually stay at the CBR and we were disappointed at their room refurbs too - we loved the Nemo theme.

Well, conversely, we love the new modern, sleek look in the rooms. Some of the old rooms at some of the resorts were so loud they kept me awake, LOL. The even older FQ rooms are a real example of this (not the ones they switched out but 2 remodels ago)
I can tell I'm at Disney by how flat worn out I am when I get to the room each day.
Anyway, I think you have about as many who like the new look as you do who don't (though probably not in The Dis demographic, just in general population demographic)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter