Freezing cookie dough?

PoohBearLovinMama

DIS Veteran
Can you freeze cookie dough? I was thinking about making a huge batch of chocolate chip cookie dough and freezing the bulk of it. But I don't want to do all that work, if it would turn out bad.

I have done it many times with great success. Make sure you freeze batches that you will thaw and use at once. You don't want to thaw so you can bake a few then re-freeze--that would be bad. I have done c. chip, peanut butter, sugar, oatmeal, choc. macadamia--all terrific.
HTH Deb :sunny:
If you have the time you can portion each cookie out by using a metal scoop. Place them on a cookie sheet and freeze them. Then you can take a few out and bake--hot cookies when you want them!

My personal suggestion, put the dough in a container that you can't see thru and label it "bits and pieces of veggies for stew."

If it's in MY FREEZER and anyone knows that it's cookie dough...........it will be gone and the dirty cookie sheets will be in the sink.......left for me to wash of course. That cookie dough will disappear so fast...............there won't be any left for when I really need it.

(although sometimes I think it must be eaten uncooked as there are no cookie sheets to wash...........I think it depends on who steals it.)

Funny thing is.......no one seems to steal my "bits and pieces of veggies for stew."

:cool1:

:rotfl: Too, too funny, Grumpy's Gal! I'll have to try your veggie stew idea a try!

I actually went to a Cookie Making Workshop at a local technical college last December.

Their guidelines on freezing cookies are:

>> Cookie dough can be packaged in an airtight container and refrigerated up to 24 hours, or frozen for up to 6 months. Thaw the dough in the refrigerated.

>> Baked, unfrosted cookies can be tightly covered and frozen for up to 12 months. Let frozen cookies stand uncovered on a serving plate about 20 minutes to thaw before serving.

>>Baked, Frosted cookies can be tightly covered and frozen for up to 3 months. Freeze them uncovered until they are firm, pack them in layers in a container lined with freezer wrap between the layers. Seal tightly.

I forgot I posted this! :blush:

Thanks for all your help. I think I'll make some this weekend. Great suggestion Grumpy's Gal! :rotfl2: My MIL used to put her candy in the veggie drawer in the fridge and none of her boys would find it. :rotfl2:

Back in the day, when DH and I were still in the honeymoon stage, whenever I left home for a trip, I'd leave him frozen cookie dough balls. I use Tupperware's marinating thingy, line w/ wax paper and scoop them in with a small ice cream scoop, then cover that layer with wax paper, etc. There was never any left when I got home (which was fine, I needed my container back). DH thinks I don't love him anymore b/c now he gets Hamburger Helper and Hungry Man dinners when I'm out of town!

You have a lot of will power if you can freeze it and not just eat it. When I do get sick enough to quit eating it, I will grease some plastic wrap, put a big blob in the middle and roll it up like an egg roll. Once I get it into a rope shape that is a good diameter, I will put it into the freezer for about an hour then stick it in my food saver which vacuum packs it pretty well. If you roll it into the rope shape, you can cut it like store bought dough without it being all the way thawed out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter