Freezing Baked Ziti?

LauraR

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Needs to do some se
Hi everybody! I'm making a big batch of baked ziti right now, and was wondering about freezing half of it. Usually we get tired of eating it about halfway through, LOL! Should I bake it first and then freeze it, or just assemble it and freeze it, then defrost and bake when the time comes? Thanks for any feedback you might have! :)

either way would probably be fine. You might want to freeze it unbaked, though, b/c then it would taste "fresher" when you actually ate it, rather than reheated...

Thanks Cryssi, I'll try it that way!

I have done it both ways and prefer to freeze it uncooked. I think it tastes better

I am so glad that you asked this. I just made a lasagna last night and I covered it up real well and then froze it. I also made meatballs and froze them also. I didn't cook either one. I am going to serve them for Easter. I was going to put them in the refrigerator the night before so that they would defrost before I cooked them. Does this sound right? Anybody else know anty good recipes that you can make ahead like this and then freeze? I also made cookies and cupcakes. They're in the freezer too.

mrsboz said:
I am so glad that you asked this. I just made a lasagna last night and I covered it up real well and then froze it. I also made meatballs and froze them also. I didn't cook either one. I am going to serve them for Easter. I was going to put them in the refrigerator the night before so that they would defrost before I cooked them. Does this sound right? Anybody else know anty good recipes that you can make ahead like this and then freeze? I also made cookies and cupcakes. They're in the freezer too.

I would take them out alot earlier than the night before otherwise they will still be frozen. I freeze meatballs and sauce all the time. I took mine out on thursday morning for saturday night. It will still be frozen in the middle when I go to cook it but not bad. If you wait till the night before it will pretty much still be frozen solid.

Ohhh... I would love to see your recipe for baked ziti!!! I have tried a couple and can't find "The one".

Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter