Free things to do at WDW for off-site guests?

ahoroba

Earning My Ears
We are planning a first time family trip to WDW. We are going in December and intend to stay off-site at HIFS and get 5 day park hoppers.

However, I would like to tour the WDW resorts and hotels, and if possible use the monorail and take a boat ride (without using our park tickets). Is this possible for guests not staying on site, is there a charge?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help us.

Mimi

You can ride the monorail, take a Friendship or ferry, tour most of the resorts and eat at the restaurants without being a registered guest or having a PS. (Animal Kingdom is an exception) You may not park for free all day in the hotel lots, or swim in the pools.

You may also rent watercraft at the Contemporary marina, not sure about non- WDW resort guests at the YC marina.

Anne

we stayed offsite in march 2000 and we really liked walking around downtown disney..it is free unless you decide to spend money in the shops or restaurants! my kids loved looking at the giant lego statues and we just enjoyed walking around and seeing the scenery. you could also go to the boardwalk and do the same thing..we have'nt been there yet, but are planning it for our next trip!!:jester:

Thanks. These boards are awsome.

I would really like to take a close look at the Disney resorts, so I can better plan our second trip to Orlando...;)

If you have particular resort you would like to see why not make a dinner reservation and then go for a quick tour. You may even be able to have a CM show you around the place.

I went resort shopping a couple of years back. I was planning for a group so I just called the hotels and was allowed to park and given a guided tour, including the rooms. This included the CR, GF, Poly, and WL. WL used to have free guided tours of the resort as well. AKL wasn't open back then. The CMs were very nice. (We ended up at the Contemporary due to $$$). If all you want to do is see the lobbies and pools CR, GF, and the Poly are all on the monorail which you can catch from the TTC. Unless things have changed you can park at the Boardwalk and then just walk around to see the Epcot resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter