Free Parking???

linden's mom

Earning My Ears
OK- We aren't staying "on site". Can anyone tell me how we can avoid/minimize the parking fee?

Thanks!

1.) Buy an annual pass. AP holders get free self-parking and 50% off valet parking.

2.) Stay within walking distance and walk to the parks.

3.) See if your hotel has a free shuttle to the parks.

4.) Ride Orlando's bus service, Lynx. I think it cost $1 per person.

5.) Arrive after 6 pm. Self-parking is free after 6 pm.

That's all I can think of.

I think you also get free parking with a fan-club card too.

But most nearby hotels have a shuttle service to take you to the park.

If you have an annual pass, how much does it cost to valet park? Also, how much of a walk is it to valet park? Where do you pick up your car?

Thanks!

Katherine

Valet parking is 50% off with an AP. It drops you off right at the entrance of Citywalk. You go up an esclator and you're at Citywalk.

Barry, thanks, but how much does it cost to valet park so I can take the 50 percent off? <grin> I usually never indulge, but I can't resist a bargain either! (Don't ask my husband about my bargain math! If you didn't spend it in the first place, honey....)

Katherine

Just returned, Bought anual passes $160.00 Each. Valet is $7.00. Drops you close, near entrance. Saved a bundle on merchandise, 15 - 20% and also same on food! We are going back in Dec and will plan next years vacation one to two weeks prior so they are still good!

A little fan club came with our tickets.. its white with yellow letters.. and it looks like free parking is just for annual passes...

I bet I know the answer to this one. Can you get into the other parks with the AP like you can with the Flex pass?

If not the math doesn't work out. Will it save us $$ to get AP even tho we know that we can't get back w/in 1 year....but get to save the $7 parking fee....over say 4 to 6 days (staying 2 weeks).

BUT... have to pay additional to get into the other parks like Sea World and Wet N Wild.

This is all so complicated!

You have to pay for parking with the Flex pass. The good thing is that you only pay once with the Flex pass. So if you pay for parking at Universal and want to visit Sea World the same day, you only pay one time for parking. You don't pay for parking for any other parks that you visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter