Free Fast Passes with DVC tour/presentation at Downtown Disney?

33Legend

Mouseketeer
I have recently seen where they offer free Fast Passes for people who listen to the Disney Vacation Club presentation/tour at Downtown Disney. Some questions I have about this for those in the know or who have done it:

1. Do they still do this and how many Fastpasses is it (I heard it was 3)?

2. How easy is it to get in/signed up? We are coming into Anaheim sometime late afternoon/early evening on Tues. Dec. 4 and will be in the parks Dec. 5-7. Do they do these into the evening hours? Would love to do it on the arrival day and not be interrupted on a park day or have to wait around to be admitted.

3. Is it hard to do it with kids? We will be traveling with 4 adults, a 3 year old and an infant. Also, would the kids get the Fastpasses as well?

4. For those who did it, was it worth it?

It seems to me that this is really worth it for an hour and half of time that isn't on one of the designated park days. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't done this for FPs, but I've done it for gift cards. Totally worth it for a gift card. I got a targeted offer 2-3 times for $25 for a 'phone tour' (you call them and it's a short chat for easy money) and $50 twice for going in person. Last year, I got an offer for $100 slipped under the door of my room at DLH. They also threw in a family FP. BUT unless you're interested in a timeshare purchase I wouldn't do it for FP alone; you can get those yourself without giving up park time to do it.

I can understand that Fastpasses are free making it not worth it to some, but in my mind having 3 Fastpasses for ANYTHING WE WANT (other than Mission Breakout I believe) at ANYTIME is worth a lot. Time=Money at the parks and having the ability to go on 3 rides at anytime of the day with hardly a wait is a huge help-especially when many of them run out early in the day. You combine these with the other regular fastpasses and it sounds like a day of coasting to anything you want.

Also, I would do this on my arrival day when we aren't going to the parks. I would not leave the parks to do this.

Has anyone gone through this process at Downtown Disney in Disneyland?

I can understand that Fastpasses are free making it not worth it to some, but in my mind having 3 Fastpasses for ANYTHING WE WANT (other than Mission Breakout I believe) at ANYTIME is worth a lot. Time=Money at the parks and having the ability to go on 3 rides at anytime of the day with hardly a wait is a huge help-especially when many of them run out early in the day. You combine these with the other regular fastpasses and it sounds like a day of coasting to anything you want.

Also, I would do this on my arrival day when we aren't going to the parks. I would not leave the parks to do this.

Has anyone gone through this process at Downtown Disney in Disneyland?
Are you getting Maxpass?

Unless you’re there on an extremely crowded day, it’s not correct that many (or any) FPs run out early in the day. Maxpass used efficiently is already more or less “a day of coasting to anything you want,” so I just don’t see the value of spending any time, park day or no, listening to a sales pitch for something you don’t want...

I have recently seen where they offer free Fast Passes for people who listen to the Disney Vacation Club presentation/tour at Downtown Disney. Some questions I have about this for those in the know or who have done it:

1. Do they still do this and how many Fastpasses is it (I heard it was 3)?

2. How easy is it to get in/signed up? We are coming into Anaheim sometime late afternoon/early evening on Tues. Dec. 4 and will be in the parks Dec. 5-7. Do they do these into the evening hours? Would love to do it on the arrival day and not be interrupted on a park day or have to wait around to be admitted.

3. Is it hard to do it with kids? We will be traveling with 4 adults, a 3 year old and an infant. Also, would the kids get the Fastpasses as well?

4. For those who did it, was it worth it?

It seems to me that this is really worth it for an hour and half of time that isn't on one of the designated park days. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

We just did it a couple of weeks ago. We had an offer card in our GCH room for a 100 dollar gift card and 4 fastpasses each. The tour took maybe 30 minutes. The rep ran through is spiel pretty fast and was pretty clear he felt he was wasting his time with us (we were a group of three women not a couple so maybe that's why? We had no intention of purchasing on the spot but are considering for the future actually). It was worth it for us.

We just did it a couple of weeks ago. We had an offer card in our GCH room for a 100 dollar gift card and 4 fastpasses each. The tour took maybe 30 minutes. The rep ran through is spiel pretty fast and was pretty clear he felt he was wasting his time with us (we were a group of three women not a couple so maybe that's why? We had no intention of purchasing on the spot but are considering for the future actually). It was worth it for us.
This is exactly what I did last January. I wouldn't do it just for FPs; frankly, it wouldn't have been worth it. I got the whole talk, probably 1 1/2 hrs. I would much rather spend that time in DTD than listening to a timeshare pitch for something I'm not going to buy. Very worth it for the gc, though.

Are they doing these in the evenings? Last I saw, they were done in the morning and mid afternoon.

This is exactly what I did last January. I wouldn't do it just for FPs; frankly, it wouldn't have been worth it. I got the whole talk, probably 1 1/2 hrs. I would much rather spend that time in DTD than listening to a timeshare pitch for something I'm not going to buy. Very worth it for the gc, though.

It would have been worth it for us just for the fastpasses but that's because it ended up being so short and we were given vouchers to use them on a future trip since we did the tour on checkout day.

Careful...I have some friends that went in just for the Freebies and they came out DVC owners!

The Force is strong!
Yeah, because for a lot of people it actually makes financial sense. Not everyone though, so definitely watch. Nice thing is if you say not right now, they leave it at that, they are low pressure.

We did it last summer. Signed up at a cart in DTD- had a choice of an hour or a 1/2 hour talk. Of course we chose the 30 min. I had to bring my 3 children with me for all of us to receive the fastpasses- they were 13, 16 and 17. There were little children there as well. We found it well worth our time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter