FREE DINING ~ This has probably been asked before, but please read.

__disneygirl

well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
Hi. I was at WDW when this whole free dining thing was announced, and when I got home I didn't pay much attention. I'm trying to get DF to agree to an October trip (for MNSSHP!!), so I need details on this "free dining". As I read about this I can't believe that all or almost all our food on the trip will be free. It just sounds too good to be true. Can someone explain to me, in lamens terms, what the deal is? Thank you! :) :woohoo:

Hi Lia - I'll try to explain what I know about it since this is the first time we will be using the Disney Dining Plan. On the plan you are entitled to 1 Counter Service Meal, 1 Table Service Meal, and 1 Snack at participating restaurants within the Disney Complex per person per night of your stay when booked at a Disney Resort. For the 4 of us traveling in Aug. and staying at POFQ for 6 nights we are credited with 6 CS, 6 TS, and 6 Snacks per person for a total of 24 food credits, if you will. Most sit down restaurants are 1 TS credit (except for CRT and certain elite restaurants such as CA Grill or The Brown Derby, which are 2 TS Credits). You are allowed an appetizer, entree, and dessert at each meal plus a non-alcoholic beverage. The snacks are pretty simple like a Mickey Bar or Popcorn. We have gotten ADR's at 50's Prime Time, Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, Planet Hollywood, Hollywood & Vine, and Whispering Canyon, which all accept DDP. There's a pretty good description of the DDP on the Disney website. I believe the promotion ends 9/30 but I could be wrong. I'm sure others will add what I've missed, but that's it in a nutshell I think. I'm still trying to learn the ropes myself!

Hope that helps a little! :wave:

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/restnews.htm

Basically, you have to book a Magic Your Way package and go between Aug 13-Sept 30. I do believe that if you are there by the 30th, your trip after that is covered too but don't quote me on it (meaning, you arrive the 29th and stay through Oct 6th, it's all part of free dining).

You must pay rack rate at your hotel and buy at least a 1 day park ticket per person in your party. Every party member must be a part of the package.

Rooms are limited; I don't know what is left. The offer went public on April 4th and must be booked by June 4th.

There is info on Disneys website but it's hard to find - they hide it =)

Aimeedyan said:
I do believe that if you are there by the 30th, your trip after that is covered too but don't quote me on it (meaning, you arrive the 29th and stay through Oct 6th, it's all part of free dining).

As long as your trip is 10 nights or less. :)

Aimeedyan said:
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/restnews.htm

Basically, you have to book a Magic Your Way package and go between Aug 13-Sept 30. I do believe that if you are there by the 30th, your trip after that is covered too but don't quote me on it (meaning, you arrive the 29th and stay through Oct 6th, it's all part of free dining).

QUOTE]

Yes Aimeedyan, I arrive Sept 29th and leave Oct 10th

I have 10 of those 11 nights free dinning (the 11th night not becuase they said the max is 10 nights on the DDP) :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter