Free Dining is available now: 8/20-12/23

Amanda999

DIS Veteran
Looks like 4 day minimum ticket (per person); hopper or hop plus required.

Stay dates: 8/20/18 - 9/29/18, 11/24/18 - 11/27/18, 12/7/18 - 12/23/18.
Values/Mods get quick serve plan (as expected).
Book through July 7.

Values included: Pop, ASMu, ASSp, AoA suites only.
Mods: cabins at FW, CBR and CSR included.
Deluxes included: AKL, BC, YC, BWI, GF.
Deluxe Villa included: Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House; Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village; Disney’s Beach Club Villas;Disney’s BoardWalk Villas; Disney’s Old Key West Resort; Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Last edited:
nothing but a busy signal.

can i book a 2nd reservation under my account for the same dates

as i feel that i would have better rate with my current adding room only discount but i would rather modify what i have and its not working.

can i book a 2nd package with the free dining?

Is anyone else getting a weird pop-up on this offer that says you have to provide a Canadian zip code to qualify for it?

Also, pretty sure I know the answer already but...does EVERYONE in the party have to buy PH tickets? H and I have annual passes, but D doesn't...was hoping that you could just buy one person a MYW ticket to qualify, but looks like that's not the case.

ETA: My browser is switching from US (English) to Canada (English) on its own when I try to click the offer. Then when I try to click it back to US, I get "someone ate the page." Anyone else experiencing this glitch? It's happening in both Chrome and Firefox.

Last edited:

This is all I'm getting.

View attachment 318774
I'm getting the same. Not working on either browser for me. I don't think I even want free dining (I use my TA and her discount) but I was curious to double check to see which is a better deal. The site in general has been really wonky for me in the last week, but you'd think their IT could have these higher traffic days figured out by now. Sigh.

Just an FYI, My wife called this morning and ask about Disney Visa Card holders and got our dates of 8/4 - 8/14 with the Free Dining Promo. I don't know if it was just Disney Magic or if Disney Visa holders get earlier dates. She went with Pop to save a little extra money.

I got on at 5 AM inside dining was available but I did not know if I was able to book a second reservation under my account without affecting my first one now I am half hour late for work I’ve been on hold with Disney for an hour I just hung up and I haven’t been able to get the browser to work from 705 Hoping that the option to change my reservation will still be available when I get home tonight

Just an FYI, My wife called this morning and ask about Disney Visa Card holders and got our dates of 8/4 - 8/14 with the Free Dining Promo. I don't know if it was just Disney Magic or if Disney Visa holders get earlier dates. She went with Pop to save a little extra money.
Free dining for Visa holders and Canadians starts August 2nd.

I got on at 5 AM inside dining was available but I did not know if I was able to book a second reservation under my account without affecting my first one now I am half hour late for work I’ve been on hold with Disney for an hour I just hung up and I haven’t been able to get the browser to work from 705 Hoping that the option to change my reservation will still be available when I get home tonight
Yes. You can book a second reservation online.

got to love Disney... instead of saying "discount" they say "Free" and people race off to spend money.

(This has never been a good deal for us, we just don't eat enough Disney food to justify it. We tried it once and wound up with TONS of extra credits plus we'd prefer to have the ability to eat other places where the food is a lot better IMHO)

Yes. You can book a second reservation online.
Ok. Done. I was able to from my phone. I have 2 res, one with free dining one with cdn discounts. I do save just over $200 adding on dining vs cdn discount.
But I want to call tonight to ask about modifying orig with room discount

2nd res cancelled. They modified my original for ease. For 5nts at pop we saved $260 ($130 each) instead of our canada rate ticket package with dining and hoppers. Thats tip money. So we are happy we were able to save more (as our package was quite good. ) now i wait for fp day

(This has never been a good deal for us, we just don't eat enough Disney food to justify it. We tried it once and wound up with TONS of extra credits plus we'd prefer to have the ability to eat other places where the food is a lot better IMHO)

True, if you do not dine much then a food discount won't save you much!! For us it saves us considerably and a room discount on a Value resort is never much of a discount (15-20%). If you are a party of two, FD is less of a discount. A party of 4 that are adults or over age 10 can save considerably. For those that stay in a Deluxe Disney sometimes offers 40% off which for a party of 2 can easily be the better deal. We can't afford that so FD at a Value it is!

Im bummed to see Poly standard rooms are not included, nor the Contemporary. I guess Ill be back to the Yacht Club.

Question for the experts — My Mom already has a 2 day Park Hopper ticket. our trip would be me, DD, and my mom and we want to book the free dining promotion this year. Can we book a 6 day park hopper for my daughter and I, but only a 4 day park hopper for my mom? I see the minimum stay is 4 nights/4 day ticket which we would all be meeting, but I can’t figure out if we can have different ticket lengths past that?

Question for the experts — My Mom already has a 2 day Park Hopper ticket. our trip would be me, DD, and my mom and we want to book the free dining promotion this year. Can we book a 6 day park hopper for my daughter and I, but only a 4 day park hopper for my mom? I see the minimum stay is 4 nights/4 day ticket which we would all be meeting, but I can’t figure out if we can have different ticket lengths past that?

Not sure if you can purchase different tickets for the people in your party but the cost savings if you could would only be $25. 4 day PH $455, 6 day PH $480.

Everyone needs to get the same number of tickets.
I would just get 6 day tickets for everyone and ask your mom to hold on to that 2 day tickets for another trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter