Free dining help!

TexasKel

Earning My Ears
We are currently booked at a deluxe resort. IF they offer free dining, do we have to take the table service or can we opt for the quick service plan. We don't like to schedule meals or waste time eating when we can be riding rides!

Usually your better bet will be to take a room only discount and pay for the dining plan, if you are going deluxe. Run the numbers both ways. Paying OOP may also be better than the dining plan.

We usually stay in a moderate resort at a time of free dining. We downgrade to a quick service plan, and they credit you the difference in cost of the two plans. For us, that is better than the room discounts, because it costs so much to eat there.

We usually stay in a moderate resort at a time of free dining. We downgrade to a quick service plan, and they credit you the difference in cost of the two plans. For us, that is better than the room discounts, because it costs so much to eat there.

I did not know this was even an option!

I believe it is just the difference in the cost of the plans, per person. Like this year for 2 adults and 2 kids per day for a regular plan is $165.60 and the quick service is $120.62. So you should get a credit of $44.98 PER NIGHT. (deluxe to quick service would be $167.96 credit per night) We did this a few years ago, it may have changed, I don't know, but we did get a couple hundred off when we downgraded.

Have you done this recently?

I believe it is just the difference in the cost of the plans, per person. Like this year for 2 adults and 2 kids per day for a regular plan is $165.60 and the quick service is $120.62. So you should get a credit of $44.98 PER NIGHT. (deluxe to quick service would be $167.96 credit per night) We did this a few years ago, it may have changed, I don't know, but we did get a couple hundred off when we downgraded.
That is a fantastic trick. I wonder if anyone has done this recently?

You're the first person I have ever heard of who has done this.

I bet it would still work, I think they credit you a certain amount based on your hotel, and if you choose a dining plan less than that, you get some back... just like if you choose a higher dining plan, you pay more. I don't know for sure though, we did it in 2009. Last time we went with the dining plan we stayed at a value (Pop)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!