Free dining at campsites, assuming still not happening

chartle

DIS Veteran
Ok I've been way out of the loop here since our last trip with no trip planned for the future. So I'm not on this page for hours a day. :)

On another just RV site staying at Fort Wilderness posts pop up once a week.

So to my title.

Free dining still not a thing at campsite, assuming yes.

Also hasn't there been a few people that have posted that somehow got it but it was some really odd circumstance?

Never has been, chartle.

Yes there were past claims but they never explained how/when/what since no one has been able to produce any evidence that it WAS offered. And there were so few that they must have been some kind of one-off.

Unfortunately, given the demand for campsites nowadays, they don't need to offer too many incentives at all to fill them up and FD won't be in the cards.

Bama Ed

PS - Quick Service Dining Plan is about $50 an adult a day and $20 per kid. At 10 people per campsite allowed, the "Free Dining" runs into possibly hundreds of dollars. FD offers are charged as contra-revenue against the room revenue and no WDW Resort General Manager will sign off on that kind of offer when their job performance is measured by occupation rate, profitability, etc. Why, you would need campsite rates over $500 to make the math start to even work at all (and those days probably aren't too far away). :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ok thanks just triple checking before tell someone in a Facebook group that there is no free dining at a campsites.

@bama_ed Please don't give them any ideas.
There has been free dining atthe cabins, so the confusion might have come in there OP?

I doubt it will ever happen again.
. . . as mentioned, there is too high of a demand for campsites that Free Dining incentives are not needed
. . . with up to ten (10) campers allowed per campsite without added per-person charges, Free Dining would be FAR-FAR-FAR worth more than the campsite rental

I doubt it will ever happen again.
. . . as mentioned, there is too high of a demand for campsites that Free Dining incentives are not needed
. . . with up to ten (10) campers allowed per campsite without added per-person charges, Free Dining would be FAR-FAR-FAR worth more than the campsite rental

This right here is the main reason you'll never see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter