• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

free DDP - only certain length of stay?

sunny_stace

DIS Veteran
:confused3 here's my question. My friend and I are just about to book a trip to POFQ in September during the days the free DDP is offered, however, when I have heard that the maximum amount of days you can book is 10 to get the free plan! I am going for 12 days (8 at Disney parks but all staying on-site). Does anyone know if I'm still eligible for the free DDP offer, or some tricky way to get around it if I'm not? Thanks All! :confused3

sunny_stace said:
:confused3 here's my question. My friend and I are just about to book a trip to POFQ in September during the days the free DDP is offered, however, when I have heard that the maximum amount of days you can book is 10 to get the free plan! I am going for 12 days (8 at Disney parks but all staying on-site). Does anyone know if I'm still eligible for the free DDP offer, or some tricky way to get around it if I'm not? Thanks All! :confused3

Contact dreams unlimited they have done my reservations and its a bit longer than 10 days so you should be ok.

The maximum you can do a package is 10 days. If you purchase 2 packages your going to pay a fortune in park tickets for the 2 extra days. What you can do is a package for 10 nights & then do a 2nd reservations as a room-only for the last 2 nights.

The dining plan is good thru midnight of your "checkout" day on the first reservation. If you plan out your credits & stretch them, the only day you would not be on the dining plan is your 12th day & night.

the maximum you can have tickets for is ten days... you can book a package for any length of days... last year during the free dining promo, we stayed 11 nights...

Max of ten days but minimum of 3, so split it byt at a 5 +5 or a 9 +3. YOu will have to buy a ticket for each stay. but you could buy the longer ticket first and then a 1 day base ticket on the second ressy and save it for another time.

Your 10 nights of meals can actually be valid for "almost" 11 days--if you check in early and check out late. I'd book a 10 day package and a 2 day room only. You might end up buying just a little food out of pocket, but probably less than the cost of a ticket. You will need to look at your arrival/departure times and decide where to put the "room only" days.

We had so much food on the meal plan that I don't think anyone ate much for the first week at home!

I have a booking with Dreamsunlimited, they have told me to tell the checkin staff that I am a continuing package and do not need to change my room. It is a 15 day package so it can be done for more than 10 days without having 2 packages. There is a trip report on the unoffical disney forum with somesones trip report for 10 September til 25 September.

we tried to do the continuing package thing last year and were told NO! (we stayed 9 nights at POFQ and 2 at AKL... we had wanted 7 and 4 but were unwilling to give up free dining for a longer stay at AKL)

gigi1313 said:
we tried to do the continuing package thing last year and were told NO! (we stayed 9 nights at POFQ and 2 at AKL... we had wanted 7 and 4 but were unwilling to give up free dining for a longer stay at AKL)

We are booked with Dreams for 17 days.All with the free dinind back to back.

Maleficent2 said:
We are booked with Dreams for 17 days.All with the free dinind back to back.

is it booked as a continuing reservation or two separate ressies, needing two sets of tickets (or two one-day tickets if you have APs)?

gigi1313 said:
is it booked as a continuing reservation or two separate ressies, needing two sets of tickets (or two one-day tickets if you have APs)?

Mine is a continuing reservation with one ticket.

PaulaSB12 said:
I have a booking with Dreamsunlimited, they have told me to tell the checkin staff that I am a continuing package and do not need to change my room. It is a 15 day package so it can be done for more than 10 days without having 2 packages (and) Mine is a continuing reservation with one ticket.
Um, actually it sounds like you do have two packages, back-to-back. Otherwise there wouldn't be any need to notify the Front Desk CMs of the length of your stay so you don't have to change rooms. With a single fifteen day package, changing rooms would never even come into play. You might want to confirm this with Dreams Unlimited; there are no fifteen day tickets, the maximum is ten days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter