Free 20 min. tour of Morocco

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
We just got back from our trip (May 2-12) and took this tour in Morocco in Epcot. There's a poster board with the information announcing the tour in the center of the pavillion, but it's easily missed! I learned about it here on the DIS and made a point of checking it out. The tour is given three times a day (1:00, 3:00 and 5:00 on the days we were there). There's a sign up sheet in the small room just behind the kid cot station. Just ask any CM in Morocco and they should be able to tell you about it. Although another couple had their name on the list, DH and I were the only ones to take the 1:00 tour. Our guide was Mounir, a student on a one year visa. Interesting and informative tour! (Might not be too interesting for small children though)

Thanks for posting about this! I must have missed the previous mentions of it! I will be keeping my eyes open to do this when we return.

Originally posted by ncbyrne
Our guide was Mounir, a student on a one year visa. Interesting and informative tour! (Might not be too interesting for small children though)
Can you give us more info about the tour? What was it about?

We just returned on May 3rd. Morroco was one of our favorite places. We never spent much time there on previous trips, it is definately a hidden treasure. We really enjoyed the sit down restruant ( that's a big compliment comming from a really picky eater!) My dd's fell in love with the dancer! The "Mo' Rockin" band was wonderful, I have some great pictures of dd's dancing with one of the performers. We even got henna tatoos while we were there. We will definately try to do the tour on our Feb trip! Thanks for the information on the tour.

I also took the tour in December-solo trip and I wanted to see as much of Epcot as possible. They start by giving you a little history/geography of the country, then take you on a tour of the pavillion where they point out things and tell you about the building of it. They also point out things in the gift shop and take you through the resturaunt. I thought it was very interesting-well worth the time to take it.

This is the most exciting thing I have read all day! My wife and I adore the Morocco pavilion. She is a professional belly dancer, but I can’t get her to dance when we are there. She says she is too shy… a shy belly dancer! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter