France & Norway Bakeries on DDP?

plove53

May The Mouse Be With You!
I saw that both Boulangerie (sp?) and Kringla bakeries (france & norway) are CS on dining plan. How does that work? Can you pick any 2 pastries and a drink, like at main street bakery (i hope so!), or do you have to get one of the more meal-like items like a sandwich and a plain dessert? thanks

I used a CS credit at France's bakery last September. I was told to pick a savory item, a sweet item, and a drink. I know I picked a ham & cheese croissant sandwich, but I don't remember what the other options were. I'd assume Norway would have a similar situation.

I was not on DDP in January. When I went to Kringla Bakeri to room charge a school bread, I was asked if it was my DDP snack. I will be in heaven if this is a consistent option. :thumbsup2 I hope that pastries in the price range of MM icecream bars could be included as snacks. Pastries are not included in the brochure as snacks but I figure some locations may allow it as it's not prohibited either. I'll ask next time I'm in "Norway" or "France." I'll at least get a CS at one or both just for the pasties :p

DVCkidsMOM said:
I was not on DDP in January. When I went to Kringla Bakeri to room charge a school bread, I was asked if it was my DDP snack. I will be in heaven if this is a consistent option. :thumbsup2 I hope that pastries in the price range of MM icecream bars could be included as snacks. Pastries are not included in the brochure as snacks but I figure some locations may allow it as it's not prohibited either. I'll ask next time I'm in "Norway" or "France." I'll at least get a CS at one or both just for the pasties :p

Hmmm...water or a pastry every day? :scratchin Sure hope they don't let me have that option. :eek: Does Disney own Jenny Craig or something? Reminds me of the giant cookies they have at Lane Bryant...just extra insurance that you remain a customer. :lmao:

I ate at Norway last fall using a counter service credit. I was able to get a sandwich, a salad, pick any pastry (I was in heaven!!), and a drink. I thought it was an excellent deal :) :) :) I plan to try France this May as my counter service choice...

thanks for the info! does anyone know if you can get 2 pastries instead of sandwich and a pastry?

threeboysmom said:
I ate at Norway last fall using a counter service credit. I was able to get a sandwich, a salad, pick any pastry (I was in heaven!!), and a drink. I thought it was an excellent deal :) :) :) I plan to try France this May as my counter service choice...
A sandwich AND a salad? And a dessert? Sounds yummy! Let me know what you have at France. I'm looking forward to using a CS credit there in September. They used to have a ham and cheese quiche. That and a peach tart-I hope it's waiting for me!

threeboysmom said:

But you can't get the Kringla Daily Chef's Selection on the DDP (sandwich, soup, drink, and either rice cream, veiled maiden, or mousse). This is only a problem if you want soup instead of salad. You can still get the rice cream if you want.

This is good to know. I've heard great things about Kringla and was considering trying it for one of the CS meals. The pastry option for dessert sounds great, as does the snack credit possibility if they're still doing it.

bump...has anyone actually used the CS for 2 sweet items atfrance or norway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter