Framing a Mirror.

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
Hi. Has anyone ever made a frame for a mirror. I want to just use white trim and the wooden squares for the corners. Just stick them onto the mirror, with ????. I have saw it done on tv some where.

I'm thinking of doing something similar in my daughters room with a full-length mirror. I'm not sure if I'll do that or if I'll paint a nice border all around.
Anyway, I think "they" put the mirror on the wall beforehand using glue. Then they nail the wood to the wall making sure that the nails don't go through and crack the mirror. I don't think I would glue anything to the mirror, just position the wood to frame the mirror and nail the wood into the wall.
Or you can go to Lowes or Home Depot and go over to the book section and peruse the various How To books for a solution!

If I was going to make a frame for a mirror I'd cut a rabbet on the inside of each side of the frame so the back of the mirror and the back of the frame are both even. This would create a "shelf" for the mirror to rest on/in kind of like a picture frame. You can glue things to the mirror using Liquid Nails or some other construction grade adhesive. Without a rabbet you will be able to see the edge of the mirror. You could hide the edge with a small piece of trim glued/nailed to the side of the frame.

Make sure when you hang it that you screw/nail into at least one stud. Don't want seven years of bad luck! :LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter