FPs and date-based tickets

iujen94

DIS Veteran
Has anyone booked FPs on the new date-based tickets? I bought tickets online today at UCT for mid-February. I successfully linked them this morning, and they’re showing up in MDE. I was going to play around with the FP system today, but when I tried to book FPs, I got a message that we don’t have tickets. I got this message before I even got to the page where I pick a date and park.

I’m trying to decide if (1) this is a glitch and will straighten itself out in a day or so, (2) this is an issue and I need to call Disney, or (3) because these are date-based tickets, MDE doesn’t even acknowledge their existence until the FP window opens. The last option initially made sense to me, until I started thinking about the fact that the FP window is tied much more to a resort stay (or not) than a ticket.

Has anyone successfully booked or even looked at FPs NOT for their ticket dates and/or before their FP window opened?

Thanks!

Has anyone booked FPs on the new date-based tickets? I bought tickets online today at UCT for mid-February. I successfully linked them this morning, and they’re showing up in MDE. I was going to play around with the FP system today, but when I tried to book FPs, I got a message that we don’t have tickets. I got this message before I even got to the page where I pick a date and park.

I’m trying to decide if (1) this is a glitch and will straighten itself out in a day or so, (2) this is an issue and I need to call Disney, or (3) because these are date-based tickets, MDE doesn’t even acknowledge their existence until the FP window opens. The last option initially made sense to me, until I started thinking about the fact that the FP window is tied much more to a resort stay (or not) than a ticket.

Has anyone successfully booked or even looked at FPs NOT for their ticket dates and/or before their FP window opened?

Thanks!
I’m going with #3.

A podcast guy kept asking the same question as to whether or not a date-based ticket opened up booking.

60 days out from an on-site Stay will open your window and FPs can be booked for the days within the valid timeframe.

30 days out from the first day the ticket is valid the booking opens if offsite.

I always use linked comp tickets or the AP of the person who is linked to me to check FP availability. If I had a stash of MYW tickets, I’d link those and check FP availabilty.

I booked fastpasses for 14 of us about a week and a half ago. One person had date based tickets and the rest of us had older tickets or annual passes. I was getting the same error message that we didn't have a valid ticket for that person when I tried to look at fastpasses before our 60 day window. I double checked that the ticket was linked properly and everything showed that it was. (Sounds the same for you OP!) I hoped that this was just a case of that ticket opening up for booking at 7am on our fastpass day. When 7am came, that ticket still gave me error messages! So we just booked everyone else's fastpasses and then sometime around 7:30am (while we were on hold with Disney IT), that ticket opened up for booking and we were able to go back and add that person to all of our existing fastpasses. So I would say it's somewhat of a glitch! Good luck OP!

I would call Disney IT. Only con to calling is the time on the phone.

When I had an issue last year the guy I spoke with was very helpful.

At the end of the call, he gave me his direct extension, and said that if I had issues when my window opened to call him, and he'd book my fp for me.

I didn't need to call, everything worked perfectly that day.

I wonder if you paid for the flexible dates option if that would allow you to check FP availability for any date then? I assume so but I guess we are all learning how these new tickets work.

I wonder if you paid for the flexible dates option if that would allow you to check FP availability for any date then? I assume so but I guess we are all learning how these new tickets work.
Flex would allow checking because you are paying for that option - a flex ticket isn’t date-based.

I would guess only 30 days. If you have a resort reservation, then 60 days will kick in when you get to that date.

While I’m always glad when the answer is NOT “call Disney,” that’s frustrating. I like poking around the FP system before my FP date to see what availability is looking like.

Can't answer your date-based ticket question but you could always try your poking on "the DIBB" fastpass calendar.

Ouch. I really like to mess around with FPs before our official FP booking date. But I'm guessing Disney doesn't love the extra traffic on their system. From their point of view it makes sense. Kind of annoying from mine.

Has anyone confirmed this? Is the 30 day rolling window definitely gone for date based tickets?

I apologize for not being sure on what 30 day rolling window means, but someone left a pretty cool site to check FP availability, that works really well!

I went to Dec 10th and then copied the page from there so you can see that it shows rides that are no longer available for FP and ones that are. I know your dates are further out, but wanted you to see the working availability of this site.

https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/fastpass-availability/date/2018-12-10

Has anyone confirmed this? Is the 30 day rolling window definitely gone for date based tickets?
FP booking is based on ticket “validity” and the window will only open based on a resort stay + valid ticket or exactly 30 days out from the ticket’s first valid entitlement’s date.

I wonder what would happen with the extra fast passes that are booked as part of the Club Level fast pass program. Those are booked at 90 days.
I know the three special ones can't be changed except by calling in, but they also book the three regular ones for you 90 days out, so if the regular ones are booked, we should be able to look at the system using those since they can be modified.

It would be a waste to buy Club Level fast passes for the day we leave, but I did want to try to get FOP. I'd hate for my first episode of FP wrangling in several years to be with those!

Last edited:
we should be able to look at the system using those since they can be modified.
The only aspect of the system that you can view are the actual days in which those regular FPs have been booked.

From the onset of CL FPs, the full 90 days were never open for booking FPs. The DSS CMs only book for the paid CL days and that’s all that is opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter