FP then ride ro ride then FP ??

wongck

WDW here we come!!
i am planning 2 days at TDL, so instead of FP Monsters and then rushing to Pooh for the 2 days, I wonder if it is better to just ride and also FP the same ride on each day - day 1 Monster and day 2 Pooh.
So question is.... should I "ride then FP" or "FP then ride" ?
Which sequence is better ?
My guess is FP then ride as FP window slide further and further, the thinking is I have more than enough other rides in the land to do before the FP.

I never recommend riding Monsters Inc first because Happy 15 people tend to already fill up the line. Just grab a FP and ride Pooh on standby.

Ok. so people will fill from the front of the park onwards. Makes sense to not to standby Monster then. Great insights!

Always ride the best rides first. In this case, it's an obvious choice to ride PHH immediately. Plus you might want to come back to it later and ride again.

I was one of the Happy 15 people! Lol!! And yes, I spent my 15 min lining up for the Monsters Inc. FP but this was before the digital FP. I got early time for my FP and I don’t think it’s still the case now. For DisneySea, Toy Story Mania was down in the morning and our entire touring plan had to be changed. So it’s better to have a contingency plan just in case. I went before Soaring opened. I would fastpass the most popular attraction first thing upon park opening and then ride another one standby.

PHH wait times have been lower than Monster's Inc. the past two weeks. Sometimes it's lower than Space and Big Thunder. I would consider riding Space Mountain after getting Monster's Inc. FP (because Space Mountain is right there next to Monster's Inc FP machine and it's a fast ride)..then ride PHH.

At the time of this writing:
Monster's Inc. 100
Space Mountain 80
Big Thunder 70
Pooh 60

Last edited:
Digital FP is definitely changing a lot of the dynamics. i see TSMM FP gone within 15 mins or so of opening.
Will not stand a chance of getting a paper FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!