FP return window flexibility?

jeremy1002

Rope Dropper
will they honor your fp after the window has closed? If not honored all day, is there at least any amount of grace period after it nominally closes?

No they are usually quite strict about the return time - they may give you 5 mins grace but this will depend on the CM so dont rely on having it.

If the ride is down when you should use it then you can return later in the day.

Not sure if youve realised but the return windows are only half an hour not an hour like the American parks are

Surely that's the point of a Fastpass, they give you a time to come back for. If you miss that time then unfortunately that's your fault. Personally I don't think there should be any leeway given, everyone will be trying it on then and then whats the point in having a FP.

Surely that's the point of a Fastpass, they give you a time to come back for. If you miss that time then unfortunately that's your fault. Personally I don't think there should be any leeway given, everyone will be trying it on then and then whats the point in having a FP.
Okey doke, thanks. :thumbsup2

I would suggest you speak with a CM at the FP booth, or at the FP entrance, if you need to extend/change your return time window. They have rules (which I won't go into details here to prevent abuse) to help guests when they need some flexibility.

Depends on the CM but they tend to stick to the times unless you have a good excuse and smile to persuade otherwise.

On our recent visit, they were strictly enforcing the Fast Pass times.

To be fair, that seemed to be because a LOT of guests would try to simply bluff their way into the Fast Pass line whenever they felt like it (e.g. they'd go to the FP machines and then straight to the FP line even though their return time wasn't for hours). I think the cast members were turning people away every single time we got in line. It was quite chaotic and a little aggravating as the FP lines took a lot longer than usual because the cast members had to keep trying to turn away irate guests who seemed to think that they could use their Fast Passes whenever convenient for them.

On a related note, they didn't hand out Fast Passes when rides broke down which I found to be disappointing. And rides broke down quite a lot (twice when we were in line for ... Snow White or maybe it was Pinocchio, twice for Big Thunder Mountain, once for It's a Small World, etc).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter