FP+ Refresh Question

mgodisney

Earning My Ears
This might be an elementary question, but I'm still learning. I've been reading on here how important it is to refresh in the parks when checking for FP's. Let's say I have 3 FP's, and they are for 7,8, and 9 pm.

After I use the 7pm FP, could I refresh and trade out my 2nd FP and use it before 8pm, while not losing my 3rd FP at 9 pm?

The reason I ask is because I will be going to the DAH at MK on 7/28. We will be allowed in the park by 7 pm, and I have been allowed to make 3 FP's before the park closes at 10 pm. I currently have a 7pm FP for SplM, an 8 pm for JC, and 9 pm for 7DMT.

I was wondering if after we use the 7 pm SplM FP, and let's say it's 7:20 pm, could I refresh my 8 pm JC FP, and trade it in for something else for 7:20pm, while not losing my 9 pm 7DMT FP? If so, could I keep doing that over and over again before my 9pm FP?

I know FP's won't be that important for me since I will have no lines after the park closes at 10 pm, but I'm still trying to figure out how to best maximize our time.

I don't post much, but I am so grateful for this board, you all have taught me so much!

This might be an elementary question, but I'm still learning. I've been reading on here how important it is to refresh in the parks when checking for FP's. Let's say I have 3 FP's, and they are for 7,8, and 9 pm.

After I use the 7pm FP, could I refresh and trade out my 2nd FP and use it before 8pm, while not losing my 3rd FP at 9 pm?

Yes, we do it all the time.

The minute we scan to go in the attraction, we start refreshing the 2nd one to back the time up sooner. Sometimes we have knocked out all three in one hour and ready to roll that #4.

Last edited:
You have it down exactly. Will all come down to what is available during your refreshing tactic, obviously, but your strategy is fine.

I was wondering if after we use the 7 pm SplM FP, and let's say it's 7:20 pm, could I refresh my 8 pm JC FP, and trade it in for something else for 7:20pm, while not losing my 9 pm 7DMT FP? If so, could I keep doing that over and over again before my 9pm FP?

You can’t do it over and over again because once you use your second FP it’s gone. You can however modify and refresh your third FP once you’ve tapped in for the second (at 7:20 in your example) with the intent of moving it up to perhaps 7:25 or 7:30. Once you've used 3 you can add a 4th.

Just remember, and I’m a firm believer in this. When you get into the whole “ refresh “ mode, it can seriously take up your attention for a long period of time and take you out of the immersion of being there

I’m gonna try and not go crazy with it next time I go. I’ve missed entire queues looking at my phone trying to refresh.

Not exactly. Let's say you ride Splash and move your JC FP up to 7:20 PM. The only thing you can do at that point is try and move up your 7DMT FP to be earlier. If you can do that, and let's say you ride that at 7:45, then you can grab a new 4th one and then repeat one at a time from there.

Cinderella 94 is correct. Yes to the first question. No to the second. The only way to have a third Fastpass before 9:00 would be to switch out the &DMT for a sooner time (possible, but not likely) or for another attraction.

That makes a lot of sense, thanks so much for clearing that up for me. It sounds like my best course of action is to just use the FP's I already have. We will only have 2 days at Disney, and DAH will be our only time at MK, so I just wanted to make sure I understood how I could best maximize our time.

Can someone explain this "refresh" procedure?????

There are a bunch of threads about it recently, type "refresh" into the search bar and you'll find it. In short, it's refreshing the MDE app over and over and over when trying to find another FP+. For example, if you're looking for Space Mountain this afternoon, try for it. If nothing shows up, immediately refresh the screen until one does.

That makes a lot of sense, thanks so much for clearing that up for me. It sounds like my best course of action is to just use the FP's I already have. We will only have 2 days at Disney, and DAH will be our only time at MK, so I just wanted to make sure I understood how I could best maximize our time.

Just to clarify; once you tap in with your first FP, you are free to try to move up your second one. If you are ready to get on another ride, I'd suggest just searching to see if you can get what you want for your second FP, which includes just moving up the time. You can then move up your third if you move up your second. After you use your second you can then try to move up your third. Once you tap in with your third, go for your fourth.

To summarize; the "limit" is that you have to use your first 3 before you get a 4th.

I started to use the refresh strategy on our trip that ended last week and it wasn’t worth it. I probably could have FP some more stuff but I didn’t want to spend the time on my phone instead of engaging. I quit and never looked back. We did fine getting new FP after our first 3 were used. Never waited more than 15-20 minutes ever. Honestly we waited that long in some FP lines.

I plan to do this at epcot but i plan to move forward my 3rd to before my 2nd.

I have Spaceship earth at 9:05, FEA at 10:45 (cant get an earlier one) and LwtL at 11:45. As soon as i tap SE, i plan to move LwtL to 9:45 or earlier. I want to get Toy Story Mania as my 4th as soon as I tap FEA if it's possible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter