FP Priority - DHS and AK

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
DHS:
SDD, Saucers or Toy Story? And if you have, say an early afternoon Toy Story, do you give it up for an evening SDD and if so, how late?

AK:
FOP or Navi? And if you (again) have, an early afternoon Navi, do you give it up for an evening FOP and if so, how late?

While SDD and FOP are the headliners, the other respective tier 1s are also in high demand as stand-by rides, so what's the right strategy? At what point in the day is it not worth having the SDD or FOP over an earlier Tier 1 in those respective parks?

Even if the times are for within the last hour of park opening?
For me, yes. I don’t wait in standby lines that are listed as longer than 45 minutes, so I take the Fastpasses I can get even if they’re later. Also, keep checking MDE before you arrive - maybe you can modify to earlier.

To get on all the Tier 1s I would arrive early to rope drop Toy Story Mania then Alien Swirling Saucers. Most people are going to Slinky so you can hop on those with little wait to first thing. At AK same thing - 99% of people are going to FOP so you’ll get on Navi with no wait.

How many days into your trip are your HS and AK days?

Do NOT waste a FP on Na'vi! We walked right on it at Rope Drop because the crowd went to FoP (we had a fastpass for later) so we walked to Na'vi. Even without waiting in line I kind of thought it was a waste of time. If I never ride it again I won't be upset about it.

Oh, right. If I can get an FOP, then I can RD Navi. I hadn't thought that through. But it's my second choice, if I have to stand in an FOP line at RD. Both these rides better be good, because we used to RD the Safari and saw some wonderful things including the lions fighting that early in the morning.

Navi not worth much of a wait, especially if you’d rather get to Safari first thing.

Right now, with no FOP FP, I'm thinking get in that line up, then head to the KS. We do have the Navi FP, but as I said, is it worth giving up for the FOP? Anyone know how early in the morning to start refreshing? And can I replace Navi with FOP while I'm standing in line to get into AK (before opening)?

Same question for SDD. I have TS, which we love, and I'm willing to be in that RD line up, but I don't want to wait 2 hours, either.

Right now, with no FOP FP, I'm thinking get in that line up, then head to the KS. We do have the Navi FP, but as I said, is it worth giving up for the FOP? Anyone know how early in the morning to start refreshing? And can I replace Navi with FOP while I'm standing in line to get into AK (before opening)?

Same question for SDD. I have TS, which we love, and I'm willing to be in that RD line up, but I don't want to wait 2 hours, either.

It’s 1,000 percent worth giving up.

Anyone that is planning to ride FoP and wouldn't give up a Navi FP for a FoP FP, regardless of the time for either, should be banned from the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter