FP+ for 2 people

Mrjoshua

Mouseketeer
After reading several threads, I was wondering how difficult it is to get Fastpasses for the popular rides with a party of 2.

For example, I've read that sometimes FOP FP+ first becomes available at 60+4. Is this generally still accurate when booking for only 2 people?

After reading several threads, I was wondering how difficult it is to get Fastpasses for the popular rides with a party of 2.

For example, I've read that sometimes FOP FP+ first becomes available at 60+4. Is this generally still accurate when booking for only 2 people?
Not at all. We even get FoP at a 4th on occasion.

And no, FoP is not just first available at 60+4. Even when we book for 4, we've gotten it earlier in the trip than that. Just not always early in the day.

Thanks to both of you. I've only booked for 5 or more previously, and I had no idea what to expect.

I am going alone in September and I could not get any FOP FP or SDD and I started with them day 5 and 6 of my trip. I think I am just unlucky as most can get what they want.

I am going alone in September and I could not get any FOP FP or SDD and I started with them day 5 and 6 of my trip. I think I am just unlucky as most can get what they want.
Don't give up! While on-site, keep refreshing MDE to try to obtain these as either a 4th FP+ or a modification to an existing FP.

Don't give up! While on-site, keep refreshing MDE to try to obtain these as either a 4th FP+ or a modification to an existing FP.
the refresh has never worked for me I can try for 5-10 minutes and not get anything but it is ok I am at Disney enough that there is always (hopefully) a next trip. I have done all the rides ( but one that water ride at AK).

We've had two recent trips where we were a party of two and did the FP+ refresh thing. On our first trip, in mid April, after about 45 minutes of refreshing I was able to score us same-day FP+ for FOP, albeit late at night (8:30 pm I believe, and I got them just after noon). On our second trip, in mid June, I tried the FP refresh for FOP off and on every day of our five day trip (basically whenever I was standing waiting in line) and was never able to get them. I guess I was unlucky that day, or maybe the parks were generally busier.

I've read on other threads that some people have more luck with android phones (vs iPhones), and I think I've also read that some people have more luck with using a browser vs. the app. For reference, we have iPhones and I only tried using the app...it never occurred to me to try it in a browser, so I may do that for our upcoming trip in September and see if our results are any better.

When it was time for me to do our Fps ( for September ) I started with AK since I figured that FoP was going to be a tough one to get. I got ours at 60+3 days. We were able to get TSM at 60+1 and SDD at 60+6. Pretty much everything else was really easy to get.

the refresh has never worked for me I can try for 5-10 minutes and not get anything but it is ok I am at Disney enough that there is always (hopefully) a next trip. I have done all the rides ( but one that water ride at AK).

For headliners, 5-10 minutes is likely not enough. Some people here are able to get headliners that quickly but other people are not. It typical takes me half an hour or more to get something like FEA. For FOP I once lucked into one in 10 min but the other time it was an hour. Totally understandable if you don't want to spend that kind of time on it (I only try for headliners sparingly for that reason) but wanted to let you know that you might be successful trying longer.

For headliners, 5-10 minutes is likely not enough. Some people here are able to get headliners that quickly but other people are not. It typical takes me half an hour or more to get something like FEA. For FOP I once lucked into one in 10 min but the other time it was an hour. Totally understandable if you don't want to spend that kind of time on it (I only try for headliners sparingly for that reason) but wanted to let you know that you might be successful trying longer.
for me 10 minutes is about my limit to try, but like I said I go to Disney quite often so

For our trip last year, Nov 2 - 11, I got wifey and I FoP FPs for 9 AM on day 60 +4. The rest of our party of 11 arrived 3 days later and I got all 11 for FoP at 9 AM onday 60+8.

Bill From PA

Last edited:
I go 3x/year, part of one or two and for next month it is the FIRST time I've ever been able to get FoP; I've not seen the ease others describe even using refresh. YMMV.

Ive been able to get everything I wanted for a party of two including FoP twince. I was not able to get SDMT but that was a low priority for us

For September 8, my 60+3 day, at 7:00 AM on July 7, I got FOP for 2 people at 1:25 as the earliest time available. I kept checking back that day for an earlier time. By 9:00 am, all FPs were gone.

Another unlucky solo here in September. I was up at 7:00 at 60 days out and couldn't get FOP, SDD (for the third day), I got SDMT, but there weren't many times available. At least there were times for Alien Saucers, not many though.

Another unlucky solo here in September. I was up at 7:00 at 60 days out and couldn't get FOP, SDD (for the third day), I got SDMT, but there weren't many times available. At least there were times for Alien Saucers, not many though.
now I do not feel so left out or maybe we are just special

Ugh, I just tried getting FOP and SDD for my Sept. trip. Could only get FOP on the last day of my trip at 6:45pm. We'll have to drive home (2.5 hours) afterward. No sign of SDD. You think you do everything right and :sad:.

Do they ever add more FP+ times for the headliners at random?

Last edited:
Ugh, I just tried getting FOP at SDD for my Sept. trip. Could only get FOP on the last day of my trip at 6:45pm. We'll have to drive home (2.5 hours) afterward. No sign of SDD. You think you do everything right and :sad:.

Do they ever add more FP+ times for the headliners at random?

Seems so to me, not sure if they are added or just luck of right place right time with people changing plans or canceling. Keep checking! I just got FOP for a trip that’s 2.5 weeks away and was booked just 30 days ago. One morning, after checking each day for about a week, there were a few AM time slots that popped up. Trying to still get SDD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter