FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading reports on other sites that as of January, tiered parks are not permitting a 2nd tier 1 to be booked even after the first 3 have been used or expired. An error message is popping up that only 1 tier 1 may be booked per day, and only tier 2 options are showing up even when tier 1 selections are still available. (All of reports I read were also from Epcot.) While I never rule out user error, anyone have any recent experience or willing to test it? @marciemi?

I have been reading reports on other sites that as of January, tiered parks are not permitting a 2nd tier 1 to be booked even after the first 3 have been used or expired. An error message is popping up that only 1 tier 1 may be booked per day, and only tier 2 options are showing up even when tier 1 selections are still available. (All of reports I read were also from Epcot.) While I never rule out user error, anyone have any recent experience or willing to test it? @marciemi?
I was in Epcot 2/3. I let MS expire, rode SSE with FP then rode Soarin with FP then was able to book a FP for Test Track. It was very light crowds that day.

Reporting back...yesterday at epcot I had a 910 fp booked for Pixar shorts and 220 for FEA. After we tapped in at Pixar I was able to book our 3rd for Fantasmic at HS even though we had not used our 2nd at epcot. Very helpful thanks to the info in this thread.

This was my question & I have read through this thread but just to make sure I understand correctly & nothing has changed recently, I would be able to book Star Tours & RnR then as soon as I scan my MB at Star Tours, book Soarin in Epcot if available even though I haven't used RnR yet?

This was my question & I have read through this thread but just to make sure I understand correctly & nothing has changed recently, I would be able to book Star Tours & RnR then as soon as I scan my MB at Star Tours, book Soarin in Epcot if available even though I haven't used RnR yet?
Yes. That's correct!

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

Question - if you only have 2 FP booked at your first park, do you HAVE to scan a FP at that park before you can book a 3rd FP at a different park? For example, if I have a 11:00 Soarin' and a 12:00 Spaceship Earth, do I have to check in at Soarin' before I can book a 3rd FP at DHS or can I book my 3rd FP at DHS once I get into Epcot? I think I have to check in at Soarin' first, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. Thanks!!!

Question - if you only have 2 FP booked at your first park, do you HAVE to scan a FP at that park before you can book a 3rd FP at a different park? For example, if I have a 11:00 Soarin' and a 12:00 Spaceship Earth, do I have to check in at Soarin' before I can book a 3rd FP at DHS or can I book my 3rd FP at DHS once I get into Epcot? I think I have to check in at Soarin' first, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. Thanks!!!
Yes, you need to scan at the first FPP unfortunately.

I have FP booked for April 1-4. Considering changing my dates to the following weekend but want to check availability. I cancelled one of my AK FPs to free up space but it still won't let me check any other dates. Am I able to look for dates outside of my resort reservation?

I have FP booked for April 1-4. Considering changing my dates to the following weekend but want to check availability. I cancelled one of my AK FPs to free up space but it still won't let me check any other dates. Am I able to look for dates outside of my resort reservation?
You can check if you Cancel one full day of FPs. You need a ticket entitlement to check the FP availability: your ticket entitlements are all being used for April 1-4. Use that one day ticket to check availability for each day of your proposed trip just to check availability, not to book anything.

You can check if you Cancel one full day of FPs. You need a ticket entitlement to check the FP availability: your ticket entitlements are all being used for April 1-4. Use that one day ticket to check availability for each day of your proposed trip just to check availability, not to book anything.

Gotcha. Thank you so much! There is so much valuable information on this thread

wow this is mind blowing...oy. Thanks for the info. My head is now spinning however. lol.

Is it safe to assume that all of the MK Mountains will be out of FP's at 4-5pm on a 'peak' day?

Is it safe to assume that all of the MK Mountains will be out of FP's at 4-5pm on a 'peak' day?
In my experience, Thunder usually goes the earliest. I've been surprised how late I've gotten Space (I swear they give out way too many FPP for it) so I would say possible but it would likely be for late (like 10-11pm) if you did get one. Splash is totally weather dependent - in July I can have a hard time getting a Splash FPP a couple days out while in January I can frequently get one late in the day. So I probably wouldn't count on any of them but there are always people cancelling so if you don't find one, take something else and keep modifying or trying again and again while waiting in other lines, eating, etc.

Okay, I can't find the link in this thread but know someone asked me to test if you could still do the "letting the Tier 2's expire" if the Tier 1 was in the middle, or if you had a Tier 2 after the Tier 1 if it would require tapping. Also, I know several people have said here and in various other threads that this "trick" no longer works. Since I was going to F&G yesterday at Epcot (and didn't really care about rides), I decided to test this and will do a whole picture thread here again for folks to refer to (Spoiler - it still works!). ;) Here's what I did:

I booked 3 FPP's in advance - Figment, Test Track and then Pixar Shorts (in that order). Ignore the Land FPP as that's in a different name:
IMG_3315.PNG
I then let Figment expire and scanned at Test Track. I waited until after the time of the Pixar Shorts to expire (plus 15 minutes after the end of the window since it would still be good then). At this point, my MDE only showed the remaining 2 Tier 2's (both of which had expired by this point):
IMG_3329.PNG
I then clicked the "+" button in the middle of the home screen and selected the FPP option. It showed me some members of my family (me!) were eligible for more FPP's". It still showed the two Tier 2's there but I could also select "View Eligible Guests", which I did:
IMG_3331.PNG
I selected my name
IMG_3332_LI2.jpg
And then the current date and park I was in (Epcot):
IMG_3333.PNG
It then gave me that warning that seems to scare off so many people ("You may only plan 1 of these per day"), but if you look and scroll down (sorry, this took two pics to fit!), you can see it offers Tier 1's and available times:
IMG_3334.PNG IMG_3335.PNG
I selected the first Soarin' option:
IMG_3336_LI2.jpg
And confirmed it:
IMG_3337.PNG
(To be continued in the next post as I'm evidently limited to 10 pics per post)...

Last edited:
Continuing the last post - after confirming Soarin', when I went back into the FPP screen, it still showed the old two Tier 2 rides, along with the new Soarin' Tier 1 ride:
IMG_3338.PNG
But once I went back to my home screen on MDE, the Tier 2's were gone and the Tier 1 remained:
IMG_3339.PNG
I'm really not sure what to test. I think people who are having trouble with this either aren't waiting until their window fully expires or, more likely, being scared off by the "You can only book one of these per day" message without clicking through. Or are selecting "modify" rather than trying to make a new fastpass entirely. In any case, if you follow these steps, I promise it works! :)

Continuing the last post - after confirming Soarin', when I went back into the FPP screen, it still showed the old two Tier 2 rides, along with the new Soarin' Tier 1 ride:
View attachment 223174
But once I went back to my home screen on MDE, the Tier 2's were gone and the Tier 1 remained:
View attachment 223175
I'm really not sure what to test. I think people who are having trouble with this either aren't waiting until their window fully expires or, more likely, being scared off by the "You can only book one of these per day" message without clicking through. Or are selecting "modify" rather than trying to make a new fastpass entirely. In any case, if you follow these steps, I promise it works! :)
THANK YOU!!!!!

Is this allowable? (No judging the lameness of the attractions, I have wimpy kids who won't go on anything remotely "scary")

EPCOT on Wednesday June 21
FEO at opening (8:00am Princess breakfast in Norway so expecting we can be first in line or only encounter a brief wait)
Figment, The Land, Nemo, Turtle Talk, Aquarium, Spaceship Earth - I used Touringplans.com and no FPs were recommended although they said there could be about a 30 min wait for Spaceship Earth. I was debating getting a FP for Spaceship Earth to avoid the wait. Hoping to be in and out of EPCOT by noon.

Then we will be park hopping (later that evening) to MK where we'll be doing Swiss Family Treehouse, Aladdin, Tiki Room, PotC and Jungle Cruise.
At what point can I get FPs for PotC and JC (although interestingly Touringplans.com did not recommend FPs for those either - I have to think that there would be long waits in mid June. Their plan listed a 13 min wait for PotC and 25 min for JC)? Do I get them as soon as we use Spaceship Earth FP? Can I get two while still at EPCOT? I don't even need them until about 8:00pm so I'm hoping they'll still be available and not already "sold out".
Or do I just risk a wait at Spaceship Earth and book all 3 FPs for MK evening (I can always FP Aladdin too)?
Thanks for the advice. So much has changed since 2015!! I want to make sure I'm understanding all of this! Almost seems too good to be true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!