FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Thank you for all of your hard work and information. I want to confirm something before I do it. I have health issues where I get severe headaches/pressure in my head and migraines. For some reason that doctors can’t figure out, they’re always worst in the mornings so because of this, I don’t want to but NEED to stay in bed longer because of my head pain.
I wanted to try the FP+ suggestion made to make the two Tier 2 FastPasses for the morning before we’re in the park to let them expire and then when we get to the park, use our Tier 1 FP (we’ll likely get to the parks around 10:30 - 11:00 am).
I want to ask this ... once we scan our MagicBands for what would be the third attraction since the first two would be expiring, would we be able to make a FP reservation for another Tier 1 attraction?

once we scan our MagicBands for what would be the third attraction since the first two would be expiring, would we be able to make a FP reservation for another Tier 1 attraction?
Yes; that the whole point of allowing 2 Tier 2s to expire before you even enter the park.

So, not sure if this is the right place to ask-having some weirdness with AK FP. I keep checking trying to move an EE FP later in the morning, and to change Dinosaur for Safari. One thing I’ve noticed is that when I look at EE, it will show Dinosaur as unavailable for FP. However, when I go in to attempt to modify Dinosaur, it always has other times available. Thoughts about what’s going on?

So, not sure if this is the right place to ask-having some weirdness with AK FP. I keep checking trying to move an EE FP later in the morning, and to change Dinosaur for Safari. One thing I’ve noticed is that when I look at EE, it will show Dinosaur as unavailable for FP. However, when I go in to attempt to modify Dinosaur, it always has other times available. Thoughts about what’s going on?

If you have one of your FPs already booked for an attraction, it will show it as unavailable when you are trying to change the others since you can only have 1 FP for an attraction at a time.

Duh! Thank you!
It is confusing until you learn, then it makes sense! So many things are like this with FP and Disney o_O. I thought I understood FP and after i read this thread I realized I had only known the very bare basics and there are still nucances I don’t understand!

Looking for info on how late each day I can look for more fastpass. Was at DHS yesterday with an 830 closing and I think I got the message that no more fastpass es for any parks around 630-700. Does it matter the closing time for the park I am at or do all 4 parks shut down the service at the same time?

At MK tomorrow with a1100 close...how late can I expect to be able to attempt to get fps?

Looking for info on how late each day I can look for more fastpass. Was at DHS yesterday with an 830 closing and I think I got the message that no more fastpass es for any parks around 630-700. Does it matter the closing time for the park I am at or do all 4 parks shut down the service at the same time?

At MK tomorrow with a1100 close...how late can I expect to be able to attempt to get fps?
Assuming availability, you should still be able to book up until 1030 which would be the last available FP slot for MK that day.

It really depends...usually within the last hour. Even if it shows that there are no more FP's, if you back out and start over it may have availability again. It will show as having no more FP's if at that moment that you tried to start booking there were none available however that doesn't necessarily mean that no more will become available.

Ok. When looking for extra fps, after selecting the date (the current day), all 4 parks were grayed out with a message saying something like ''distribution of fps at the following parks has ended for today".

This happened a couple times this week well over an hour before park close.

So I should back out and keep trying?

Thanks for the quick responses!

Ok. When looking for extra fps, after selecting the date (the current day), all 4 parks were grayed out with a message saying something like ''distribution of fps at the following parks has ended for today".

This happened a couple times this week well over an hour before park close.

So I should back out and keep trying?

Thanks for the quick responses!
Yes, keep trying. I’ve seen that happen before and it’s just a glitch. Although, with right now being spring break season, it is definitely possible that that was a legitimate message. But I’d check again a few times just in case!

Heading to WDW next week with a party of 5, three teens. Would you have everyone in the party get the app and look for Fast Passes? Or just my husband and I? Or just me? I booked all the original fastpasses for the group. Any thoughts for me? Thanks,

Heading to WDW next week with a party of 5, three teens. Would you have everyone in the party get the app and look for Fast Passes? Or just my husband and I? Or just me? I booked all the original fastpasses for the group. Any thoughts for me? Thanks,
I’d just let the teens look for additional FPs. They’ll probably enjoy doing it... all they need is your login info.

I’d just let the teens look for additional FPs. They’ll probably enjoy doing it... all they need is your login info.
Thank you! I knew I was over thinking this. I was picturing each of them with an account, and trying to connect them all... Having them login to mine is an easy way to do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!