FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I currently have FP+ for NRJ, in addition to two Tier 2 attractions. Either in advance or on the day I'm in the park, can't I use "modify" on my NRJ FP+ to refresh and search for FOP FP+ availability? Would overlap still be an issue - or is this a useful way to use refresh to search for those hard to get FOP FP+'s?
No, overlap would be an issue. When using modify on NRJ, you will only see FoP FP+ available for times that do not overlap the original FP+ return times even if its by only 5 minutes.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question. Randomly watching a Youtube stream. One guy had a FP for AS2, second guy did not. They asked the CM if he could come along and she let him through. Is this typical? Curious if I could try it with any luck at FOP. We have 6 Fps for FOP but have not been able to grab 2 more for g-parents who are staying offsite. They have a NRJ FP for the same time. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask if they could come along with us. I had never heard or seen anything like just asking if you could go through the FP line with another guest and it working.

Is this typical?
No, it isn’t especially not for popular rides.

g-parents who are staying offsite
When offsite people are listed or linked to your MDX, they share your 60-day booking window. You could have booked for them when you booked for your group.

AS2 isn’t even close to being as popular as FOP and letting in an extra person didn’t impact another ride vehicle as it does for FOP - in your example 2 ride vehicles would be taken by non-FP people while Standby guests wait hours to ride FOP.

No, it isn’t especially not for popular rides.

When offsite people are listed or linked to your MDX, they share your 60-day booking window. You could have booked for them when you booked for your group.

AS2 isn’t even close to being as popular as FOP and letting in an extra person didn’t impact another ride vehicle as it does for FOP - in your example 2 ride vehicles would be taken by non-FP people while Standby guests wait hours to ride FOP.
I did book them when my window opened and kept getting an pop up saying there was a problem with my guests, something like that. I can’t remember exactly but it kept happening after several days so I deleted their FPs. I added them back a couple days before the 30 day window opened but obviously there weren’t any FOP.
I didn’t think about AS2 being a non-headliner. Makes sense. Thanks

Question about FP strategy and grandma ;)

My husband and I + 3 kids will go on all the rides. Grandma will do most.... last trip she went on Barnstormer, Dinosaur, Star Tours etc... but won't go on bigger coasters.

So, if I want to use up all my fastpasses and then refresh to get new ones later in the day - what is the best strategy for grandma.... just leave her off the fast rides. Will I lose anything if I do that? Or will I still be able to get her fastpases with the group later???

Question about FP strategy and grandma ;)

My husband and I + 3 kids will go on all the rides. Grandma will do most.... last trip she went on Barnstormer, Dinosaur, Star Tours etc... but won't go on bigger coasters.

So, if I want to use up all my fastpasses and then refresh to get new ones later in the day - what is the best strategy for grandma.... just leave her off the fast rides. Will I lose anything if I do that? Or will I still be able to get her fastpases with the group later???
Just have her tap in then don’t ride. Or simply let them expire.

I thought she will get penalized if we just let it expire... That if we take the FP but then don't use it, we will not be able to get her more after we use the initial 3.

Am I better off leaving her on the FP reservation and not using it letting it expire, or not reserving her at all?

Am I better off leaving her on the FP reservation and not using it letting it expire, or not reserving her at all?
She can give her MB to one of you to re-ride, or, she can walk up to the FP touchpoint to tap and walk away. That way it’s registered as being used.

Instructions for Checking Availability

You don't have to Cancel when checking availability, rebooking a new park, or when park hopping. Simply follow the instructions below.

From the app:
~ tap the "+"
~ select guests
~ select date and new park
~ continue beyond any warnings
~ you won't lose anything if just checking availability. After checking, back out of the window and your original FP+ remain.
~ when you confirm a FP+ for the new park, that's when any original FP+ are replaced.
So does "continue beyond any warnings" refer to "remove the guests from your party"? Already have FPs booked for Epcot but want to check availability for AK same day. If I remove all guests from the EP FPs will it allow me to look at AK availability but not change anything I already have booked for EP?

So does "continue beyond any warnings" refer to "remove the guests from your party"? Already have FPs booked for Epcot but want to check availability for AK same day. If I remove all guests from the EP FPs will it allow me to look at AK availability but not change anything I already have booked for EP?
You don’t remove them from the party, you continue.

Changes only get made if you actually choose new FPs in AK.

I thought she will get penalized if we just let it expire... That if we take the FP but then don't use it, we will not be able to get her more after we use the initial 3.

Simply leaving her off will prohibit you from getting an additional tier 1 FP for her, assuming you are at a park with tiers. Once expired, an FP counts as “used” for the purpose of booking additional Fastpasses. But you will have to wait until the entire return window for that third FP expires before you can book your 4th.

Since we don't have the ability to change the FP group anymore who would we call to see if it can be done? Is it a WDW guest service number? Not ticketing is it?
We had a couple people drop from our trip and two volunteer to fill in so I'd like to get the FP's moved for FOP and SD. The others I was able to pick up without issues.

Since we don't have the ability to change the FP group anymore who would we call to see if it can be done? Is it a WDW guest service number? Not ticketing is it?
We had a couple people drop from our trip and two volunteer to fill in so I'd like to get the FP's moved for FOP and SD. The others I was able to pick up without issues.
Try IT; don’t call Ticketing as it has nothing to do with FPs.

Im sure this has been answered in this thread but I can't find it. My friend and I are going to plan FPs for Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, and Pirates at MK on the same day when we are there in May. Is it possible to add a 4th FP at the same time or does the longtime rule, use 3 then book more still apply?

Due to a Disney whoopsie, we have been given two extra FP+ on a couple of days of our upcoming trip. Does anyone know if I'll be able to book those FP+ for a different park than my original three? (Apologies if I missed this earlier in the thread.)

Due to a Disney whoopsie, we have been given two extra FP+ on a couple of days of our upcoming trip. Does anyone know if I'll be able to book those FP+ for a different park than my original three? (Apologies if I missed this earlier in the thread.)
If they are Anytime FPs linked to your MDX account, use them in Any Park for one of the listed rides. You don’t need to book anything.

See the FP FAQ ADDENDUM section on Anytime FPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter