FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this allowable? (No judging the lameness of the attractions, I have wimpy kids who won't go on anything remotely "scary")

EPCOT on Wednesday June 21
FEO at opening (8:00am Princess breakfast in Norway so expecting we can be first in line or only encounter a brief wait)
Figment, The Land, Nemo, Turtle Talk, Aquarium, Spaceship Earth - I used Touringplans.com and no FPs were recommended although they said there could be about a 30 min wait for Spaceship Earth. I was debating getting a FP for Spaceship Earth to avoid the wait. Hoping to be in and out of EPCOT by noon.

Then we will be park hopping (later that evening) to MK where we'll be doing Swiss Family Treehouse, Aladdin, Tiki Room, PotC and Jungle Cruise.
At what point can I get FPs for PotC and JC (although interestingly Touringplans.com did not recommend FPs for those either - I have to think that there would be long waits in mid June. Their plan listed a 13 min wait for PotC and 25 min for JC)? Do I get them as soon as we use Spaceship Earth FP? Can I get two while still at EPCOT? I don't even need them until about 8:00pm so I'm hoping they'll still be available and not already "sold out".
Or do I just risk a wait at Spaceship Earth and book all 3 FPs for MK evening (I can always FP Aladdin too)?
Thanks for the advice. So much has changed since 2015!! I want to make sure I'm understanding all of this! Almost seems too good to be true!
If your only FP at Epcot is Spaceship Earth, as soon as you enter the FP line, go onto the app and book 2 for MK. Disney has made it much easier for hoppers! :)

Booking for Onsite Stays Longer Than 14 Days

When the 60-day FP Booking Window opens for an onsite stay of longer than 14 days, you'll be able to book up to a maximum of 14 consecutive days.

After this, your ability to book for additional park days continues with each passing day. The open 60-day Booking Window continually rolls forward each day allowing you to book for your total number of onsite park days.

thanks for this...now i have to figure out what to book!?!??!?!
21 days for 8 people ranging in age from 1 to 62....challenging...
haven't a clue....been to WDW over 50 times, but first time since the beginning of FP+...
i may lose my mind before august..

:wave2: Dropping in to Alert everyone that the FP subforum has been collapsed back into TPAS. Many thanks to @Cluelyss for continuing to maintain this ADDENDUM.

The FP FAQ now has a link to this ADDENDUM. Although this ADDENDUM will no longer be Stickied, it can be found through the link in mesaboy2's FP FAQ and by the Search function.

Please make sure you have set Alerts in your account's Alert Preferences. You'll receive Alerts when there are posts to this thread.

:wave2: Dropping in to Alert everyone that the FP subforum has been collapsed back into TPAS. Many thanks to @Cluelyss for continuing to maintain this ADDENDUM.

The FP FAQ now has a link to this ADDENDUM. Although this ADDENDUM will no longer be Stickied, it can be found through the link in mesaboy2's FP FAQ and by the Search function.

Please make sure you have set Alerts in your account's Alert Preferences. You'll receive Alerts when there are posts to this thread.

TPAS?
not sure what you're saying here, but won't be the first time i'm clueless :)

I'm still a little confused.
Here is what we want to do. Arrival day we are going to HS.
The only ride we want to really ride is Rock n Roller Coaster. I was going to book two tier 2 rides before we even get to the park so they expire and book RNRC the tier 1 for us to ride when we get there.
Will this work? We have always used all our FP's and have never tried letting one expire. We just really wont have time to use 3 FP's at HS.
My worry is the 2 tier rides we did not scan our bands for will mess up something lol.
We do plan to go to MK after HS and want to book a 4th FP there.

I'm still a little confused.
Here is what we want to do. Arrival day we are going to HS.
The only ride we want to really ride is Rock n Roller Coaster. I was going to book two tier 2 rides before we even get to the park so they expire and book RNRC the tier 1 for us to ride when we get there.
Will this work? We have always used all our FP's and have never tried letting one expire. We just really wont have time to use 3 FP's at HS.
My worry is the 2 tier rides we did not scan our bands for will mess up something lol.
We do plan to go to MK after HS and want to book a 4th FP there.
Do this instead:
Book RnRC
As soon as you enter the FP line for RnRC, go on the app and book 2 FPs for MK.

*No need to book Tier 2s for DHS for that day*

Do this instead:
Book RnRC
As soon as you enter the FP line for RnRC, go on the app and book 2 FPs for MK.

*No need to book Tier 2s for DHS for that day*
Ok good. So what if we book 1 tier 2 at HS and 1 tier 1 can we still book the 3rd FP at MK?

If I want to book 2 tier 1's at epcot, I have to reserve all 3 fastpasses at epcot, let the 2 tier 2's expire and then once I tap at the tier 1 I can book another tier 1 at epcot, correct?
in other words the only way to get an additional tier 1 at the same park is either use all fastpasses or let them expire, right? and expiration is 15min after the end of the return time or is it the actual last returntime stated on your fastpass?

If I want to book 2 tier 1's at epcot, I have to reserve all 3 fastpasses at epcot, let the 2 tier 2's expire and then once I tap at the tier 1 I can book another tier 1 at epcot, correct?
in other words the only way to get an additional tier 1 at the same park is either use all fastpasses or let them expire, right? and expiration is 15min after the end of the return time or is it the actual last returntime stated on your fastpass?
Correct. I've tested it and it's allowed me to make another during that 15 minute window at the end. But if you have your Tier 1 at the end you'd save time because you could book as soon as you tap (so if the FPP's were 9, 10 and 11 - at 11:00) whereas if your Tier 1 was in the middle you'd need to wait until noon. If it works that you can only get the Tier 1 in the middle, I might tap or use your first Tier 2 as soon as you get there and then try to move your second Tier 2 to before the Tier 1 so again, you could tap at the Tier 1 and then try for another while in line.

Ok I think I already know the answer from reading the thread.....BUT....

If I have a day where morning is HS and afternoon/night is AK, I CANT book 1 at HS and 2 at AK on my 60 day mark, right?
I'm best booking what I want at AK because I know they won't be available same day.

Continuing the last post - after confirming Soarin', when I went back into the FPP screen, it still showed the old two Tier 2 rides, along with the new Soarin' Tier 1 ride:
View attachment 223174
But once I went back to my home screen on MDE, the Tier 2's were gone and the Tier 1 remained:
View attachment 223175
I'm really not sure what to test. I think people who are having trouble with this either aren't waiting until their window fully expires or, more likely, being scared off by the "You can only book one of these per day" message without clicking through. Or are selecting "modify" rather than trying to make a new fastpass entirely. In any case, if you follow these steps, I promise it works! :)
Thanks for testing again! Love all the pics and details. I bet there simply wasn't another Tier 1 available when they first checked. That, coupled with the "can only book one Tier 1" message led them to believe it could not be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!