FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you still pre-booked 3. You can only have 3 initial FPs and you must use ALL 3 before you book #4.

If you are planning to park hop and want to use 1 FP and Book for Park#2, you must pre-book less than 3 FPs.

I am familiarizing myself with these procedures for my upcoming trip.

I think I'm understanding your discussion with @ThistleMae correctly.

Can you confirm my thinking @hiroMYhero ?

Say you prebook 3 fast passes at Magic Kingdom.

Hypothetically
9 a - 10 a (Small World)
10 a - 11 a (Mine Train)
11 a - 12 p (Peter Pan)

Say you definitely intend to use small world and mine train. And say you tap into the fastpass line at 905 am at small world.

If your goal was to add an Epcot fastpass as soon as possible, in the line for small world at 9:05 am you could cancel your Peter Pan selection for 11 a. Then you would be able to newly book an available Epcot selection for after 11 am, regardless of Epcot tier. This is possible because it's now the same day and you've tapped a fastpass turnstile in the park, enabling hopping.

Otherwise if you were interested in using all your originally booked MK selections you couldn't add an Epcot fastpass until you tapped into your 11 a Peter Pan fastpass.

Do I have it correct?

But you still pre-booked 3. You can only have 3 initial FPs and you must use ALL 3 before you book #4.

If you are planning to park hop and want to use 1 FP and Book for Park#2, you must pre-book less than 3 FPs.
Oh, so that is how it works...strange. So I should cancel one of my FP's to be able to get a 3rd at another park?

Oh, so according to Coley444's example, I can keep my 3 FP's but just cancel the third to book at another park? Correct? That's different than just booking 2 FP's pre-park to get a 3rd at another park. It sounds like pre-park booking has nothing to do with getting a third FP, just you have to cancel the 3rd...isn't that the same as using the 3rd and booking a 4th at another park? Okay, am I still confused or is this correct...Booking a 3rd or 4th FP at another park only depends on either using or canceling your 3rd?

Oh, so according to Coley444's example, I can keep my 3 FP's but just cancel the third to book at another park? Correct? That's different than just booking 2 FP's pre-park to get a 3rd at another park. It sounds like pre-park booking has nothing to do with getting a third FP, just you have to cancel the 3rd...isn't that the same as using the 3rd and booking a 4th at another park? Okay, am I still confused or is this correct...Booking a 3rd or 4th FP at another park only depends on either using or canceling your 3rd?
You can even cancel 2 FPs!

And, 3 pre-booked FPs minus 1 (canceled) FP is equivalent to 2 pre-booked FPs.

You can even enter a park without booking any FPs and then book 1, use it and then book 2 for Park#2.

Or you can just book 3 FPs for Park#2. You don’t need to book any for Park#1.

What @coley444 posted was a hypothetical scenario. You really need to refer to the Parkhopping Post at the beginning of this thread. Everything was tested by marciemi and I wrote the steps in that specific park hopping post. :)

I ran into this issue the other day at Animal Kingdom. The only real difference between cancelling your 3rd FP (Tough to be a Bug in my case) and using it is if you use it, I believe your 4th FP can be a Tier 1 at the same park. So, if it was available (it wasn't), I believe I could have made another FoP FP as a 4th, but not as a 3rd. If you are Park Hopping there is no difference other than perhaps having to wait until you can tap in at your 3rd FP to make the 4th FP.

You can even cancel 2 FPs!

And, 3 pre-booked FPs minus 1 (canceled) FP is equivalent to 2 pre-booked FPs.

You can even enter a park without booking any FPs and then book 1, use it and then book 2 for Park#2.

Or you can just book 3 FPs for Park#2. You don’t need to book any for Park#1.

What @coley444 posted was a hypothetical scenario. You really need to refer to the Parkhopping Post at the beginning of this thread. Everything was tested by marciemi and I wrote the steps in that specific park hopping post. :)

If I do Epcot, many times I will only make 1 or 2 FPs (Tier 1 and maybe a Tier 2) so I can make additional FP(s) at another park as soon as I tap onto the ride at Epcot.

So I guess the advantage of only booking 2 FP's would be that you can book a 3rd earlier than tapping in on a third. This is going to drive me crazy until I actually get there. I did look at the 3 I booked and unfortunately mostly all the Tier 1's are later in the day, so does me no good to only book 2 because the time will have passed on the first 2 anyway. So we will be going with the tapping at 3 and then trying to book a 4 at another park for at night.

So I wasn't able to book my FP out at the normal 60 day window as this was a last minute trip. However, with just a week and a half to go, I am having a hard time getting the hard to get FP's (ex. SDMR, FOP, Navii River, Frozen Ever After, etc.). In fact the only popular one I got was Peter Pan's Flight.

I was wondering if there is a certain time that is better in scoring these coveted FP's or a different strategy. I am refreshing at different times of the day (albeit just in the evenings), changing my options to 1 person only, and searching different parks for different days and nothing. I remember back in 2015 with some luck and persistence getting a FP like SDMR doing the strategies mentioned above. However, this time has been a lot harder as nothing populates, not even one FP timeslot for any of these rides. Wondering if this is just a case of keep checking often or is there something I am missing. (Also, I am checking this on my PC only as I don't have the actual app on my phone).

Thanks

So I wasn't able to book my FP out at the normal 60 day window as this was a last minute trip. However, with just a week and a half to go, I am having a hard time getting the hard to get FP's (ex. SDMR, FOP, Navii River, Frozen Ever After, etc.). In fact the only popular one I got was Peter Pan's Flight.

I was wondering if there is a certain time that is better in scoring these coveted FP's or a different strategy. I am refreshing at different times of the day (albeit just in the evenings), changing my options to 1 person only, and searching different parks for different days and nothing. I remember back in 2015 with some luck and persistence getting a FP like SDMR doing the strategies mentioned above. However, this time has been a lot harder as nothing populates, not even one FP timeslot for any of these rides. Wondering if this is just a case of keep checking often or is there something I am missing. (Also, I am checking this on my PC only as I don't have the actual app on my phone).

Thanks
The night before typically has the best availabiliy for grabbing those types of FP's as people change their plans for the following day.

I keep reading this thread and scenarios and I just have to make sure I have it right.
So we have a 9-10 Soarin, 10-11 character spot, (11-12 TT but that’s with the extra purchased FPs that shouldn’t matter) 12-1 Spaceship Earth. We know we won’t ride SE. So I should cancel that one now? And then as soon as we tap for Soarin I can book a FP at MK? Right?

I keep reading this thread and scenarios and I just have to make sure I have it right.
So we have a 9-10 Soarin, 10-11 character spot, (11-12 TT but that’s with the extra purchased FPs that shouldn’t matter) 12-1 Spaceship Earth. We know we won’t ride SE. So I should cancel that one now? And then as soon as we tap for Soarin I can book a FP at MK? Right?
Yes; there’s no reason to keep SE as you already know you won’t use it.

And, we don’t know how the CL FPs will affect the booking for park hopping on the actual “day of.” I believe you’re one of the first to be using the CL FP and regular FPs. Please let us know how your FP day actually turns out in regards to park hopping. :)

Yes; there’s no reason to keep SE as you already know you won’t use it.

And, we don’t know how the CL FPs will affect the booking for park hopping on the actual “day of.” I believe you’re one of the first to be using the CL FP and regular FPs. Please let us know how your FP day actually turns out in regards to park hopping. :)
Great, thanks. I'll definitely report back. Our trip is mid April.

Can you buy a fastpass so you can get on all rides without having to use the app?
No. FPs are booked through the app or from an ‘in park’ kiosk. You can’t purchase an ‘all you care to ride’ FP because they don’t exist. :)

You’ll have to enter each park with 3 or less pre-booked FPs and then use the park hopping tips listed at the beginning of this thread if you are planning to hop.

The following summary by @GADisneyDad14 has been added to the OP - Post #8 - of this thread:

Club Level Extra FP & Reserved Viewing Area Trial Program Summary

Basic Overview
  • $50 per person, per day, plus tax - 3 day minimum
  • Available 3/13/2018 and beyond
  • Includes three “Extra FPs” per day (in addition to your three ‘regular’ FPs)
  • Includes one reserved viewing area selection per night; choices are MK/HEA, Epcot/Illuminations, HS/Fantasmic!, AK/ROL
  • Extra FPs, regular FPs and nighttime viewing selections are bookable 90 days from your check-out date (yes, your check-out date, not check-in date)
  • The minimum three days do not need to be consecutive
  • Not everyone in your party must purchase this program, you can choose the individuals
  • The program requires a minimum two or three night CL or other eligible room category reservation (note: more info is needed to confirm if it’s really a two or three night minimum resort stay)
  • You are charged at the time of booking
  • There is currently no announced end date to this trial program, but like any Disney trial it could end at any time
Booking Info for the Extra FPs & Nighttime Viewing
  • Bookable 90 days from your check-out date
  • Booked via phone with Disney Signature Services (DSS)
  • You select the Extra FPs and nighttime viewing choices at the time of booking
  • The three Extra FPs and nighttime viewing selection can be modified via DSS later via phone, including the day of via phone (they give you an after-hours line to call as well since DSS closes at 5pm)
  • You cannot modify the three Extra FPs or nighttime viewing selections yourself in MDX, this can only be done by calling DSS
  • The three Extra FPs can be in any tier and any park
How this Works with the “Regular” Three FPs
  • Your regular three FPs can ALSO be booked via DSS at the 90-day before check-out mark (it’s not required, but is available at your discretion)
  • Once booked, you can immediately modify your three regular FPs yourself in MDX (but the three Extra FPs cannot be modified without calling DSS)
  • You can modify your three regular FPs to repeat a ride you have booked via an Extra FP
  • You cannot modify a regular FP to overlap a time window where you have an Extra FP booked
Reserved Nighttime Viewing Locations
  • MK/HEA - Plaza Garden West (this is the fake grass/garden area in front of Casey's, the opposite garden from where they do the Plaza Garden dessert party)
  • Epcot/Illuminations - Germany, on the water near the glass blowing cart
  • HS/Fantasmic! - Near the dessert & VIP viewing experience area
  • AK/ROL - Enter via the FP area, close to the water in that general FP area
Cancellation Info / Reservation Changes
  • There is a 2 day cancellation period
  • If you book this and then cancel a CL (or otherwise eligible) reservation after booking or modify it to a non-eligible room, the package will be cancelled and you'll receive a refund
Trial Program Caveat
  • The DSS CMs I’ve spoken too stressed this is a trial program
  • This is a pretty nuanced offering with a lot of manual entry required by DSS CMs and involves the dark underbelly of MDX
  • With something so nuanced and involving many different departments, I suspect details will continue to be fluid as we go along, so all of the above is subject to change

Last edited:
Mind blown by this thread!! Question: we’re going the week before Easter. My FPP window opens tomorrow. Since it will be a busy week, do I have a chance of booking 2 FP’s at this time and holding out for the third decent FP for different afternoon park?

Mind blown by this thread!! Question: we’re going the week before Easter. My FPP window opens tomorrow. Since it will be a busy week, do I have a chance of booking 2 FP’s at this time and holding out for the third decent FP for different afternoon park?
Book 3 and then when in the park, check availability in Park#2 before you Cancel a Park#1 FP and book for Park#2.

The checking availability post is also at the beginning of this thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!