FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started my research at various blogs before landing here and getting conflicting information. Mouse Hacking has an FAQ that specifically talks about getting additional Tier 1s. It says you can just cancel your 2 tier 2 rides, rather than letting them expire or tap out, and, once you're at a blank slate, you can book any single FP, tier 1 or 2.

It's a several paragraph breakout, but here's an excerpt:

In our experience, if you use your first Fastpass+ slot and then cancel the remaining two, you're left in a sort of limbo until you use another one. Once you cancel the remaining two, you can make: either two tier two "replacement" selections at the same park or one tier one selection at the same park or one selection at a different park.

So, are they just completely incorrect? You can't cancel your tier 2s to start booking singles from either tier 1 or 2?

I read the checking availability post.

I currently have 3 FP booked at AK. I want to see what's available at DHS and if I like the options, change all 3 FP to DHS. If I decide to change to DHS, do I delete all 3 AK first? Or can I modify them one at a time?

I read the checking availability post.

I currently have 3 FP booked at AK. I want to see what's available at DHS and if I like the options, change all 3 FP to DHS. If I decide to change to DHS, do I delete all 3 AK first? Or can I modify them one at a time?
Do as your normally would to book FP's at HS. It will warn you that you may lose your previously selected FP's but just go through that warning. If you make a single FP selection at HS you will automatically lose all of your AK FP's.

So, I'm just a little bummed, but hopefully. I will be in Disney 1 week from now. Just for curiosity sake , I check the touring plans fast pass availability everyday for that given day to see what may be available still when considering my additional FPs. I gotta say though, that later in the day, a few things show here and there, for the most part, it's pretty grim. I do remember getting additional FEA FPs last trip, though, but it was 2 years ago. So I guess I'm hoping there's stuff people are shifting around and giving back once there?

So, I'm just a little bummed, but hopefully. I will be in Disney 1 week from now. Just for curiosity sake , I check the touring plans fast pass availability everyday for that given day to see what may be available still when considering my additional FPs. I gotta say though, that later in the day, a few things show here and there, for the most part, it's pretty grim. I do remember getting additional FEA FPs last trip, though, but it was 2 years ago. So I guess I'm hoping there's stuff people are shifting around and giving back once there?
Correct...just keep refreshing and availability will keep changing.

I am having problems with adding more fast passes. I tried to add more as soon as I hit the 3rd ride. The app said we could not add more because we already had 3. Waited till after we got off and tried again still wouldn’t work. We are back at our room resting now and it has been over an hour since our last window and I still can’t get it to work. Now just 1 of us says I can’t add them. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

I am having problems with adding more fast passes. I tried to add more as soon as I hit the 3rd ride. The app said we could not add more because we already had 3. Waited till after we got off and tried again still wouldn’t work. We are back at our room resting now and it has been over an hour since our last window and I still can’t get it to work. Now just 1 of us says I can’t add them. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

It’s possible one of your scans entering the FP queue did not register, and the system is waiting for it to clear.

It’s possible one of your scans entering the FP queue did not register, and the system is waiting for it to clear.

It was an hour past the end time of last fp. Is there an easy way to clear it? I finally tried adding just him to a fp in another park. This said that it would cancel all other fps. Then I had something to actually cancel and I was able to add him in again. Just seems like a lot of steps.

It was an hour past the end time of last fp. Is there an easy way to clear it? I finally tried adding just him to a fp in another park. This said that it would cancel all other fps. Then I had something to actually cancel and I was able to add him in again. Just seems like a lot of steps.
With you being able to book in another park by canceling out that “rogue” FP, it means the system didn’t process out his used FP.

You used the best way possible to clear it without having to go to Guest Relations. :)

After multiple attempts I still can’t find a way to check availability! We have FP+ booked for everyday of our 5 day tickets in MDE but I want to check availability on a 6th day before I add a day to our tickets. I’ve read the check availability directions but every time I try, it allows me to choose a person, date, and a park but then I get the “not so fast” warning and it asks me to remove the people as their fast pass allotments have already been used. What am I missing?? TIA!

After multiple attempts I still can’t find a way to check availability! We have FP+ booked for everyday of our 5 day tickets in MDE but I want to check availability on a 6th day before I add a day to our tickets. I’ve read the check availability directions but every time I try, it allows me to choose a person, date, and a park but then I get the “not so fast” warning and it asks me to remove the people as their fast pass allotments have already been used. What am I missing?? TIA!
You can’t check availability for that 6th day because you only have 5 ticket entitlements.

If you post the park and date, someone with an AP may be able to check for you.

PARK HOPPING

Booking a FP+ for another park while in the first park:

(test credit to @marciemi)

When 3 FP+ are booked for Park #1:
With the new updates to the FP+ system as of April 2016, in addition to booking your 4th FP+ of the day on your phone (instead of a kiosk), you can now book FP+ for a different park than the one you’re in. If you have booked 3 FP+ for the first park, as soon as you scan at the first touchpoint to get in the FP+ line for your third FP+, you can then make a 4th FP+, either for the same park, or for another park. Be sure to allow yourself enough travel time for travel between parks when selecting your time.

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP+ and then still have 2 more FP+ for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).

Hi everyone,

So I just made my FP's this morning, and for one morning I got Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom and that's it. All I want to do is go it, ride FOP, and hop over to Epcot. Am I reading this right, once I use my one FP for FOP, when I hop over to Epcot I can make more FP's? I don't have to have 2 more at AK before I can get another one for Epcot? Do I actually have to be in Epcot to do this, or can I book them from my phone as soon as I finish riding FOP?

Sorry for the questions, I just always thought you had to use 3 before you could do anything else in another park, so if this is true, it's actually super helpful!

Hi everyone,

So I just made my FP's this morning, and for one morning I got Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom and that's it. All I want to do is go it, ride FOP, and hop over to Epcot. Am I reading this right, once I use my one FP for FOP, when I hop over to Epcot I can make more FP's? I don't have to have 2 more at AK before I can get another one for Epcot? Do I actually have to be in Epcot to do this, or can I book them from my phone as soon as I finish riding FOP?

Sorry for the questions, I just always thought you had to use 3 before you could do anything else in another park, so if this is true, it's actually super helpful!

Correct. As soon as you tap into FOP you could make 2 FP's at Epcot.

I have a question. I understand we can no longer book fps for the MNSSHP if going to the party only, correct? I also have a 5 day pass and so far only 4 park days planned. If I book fps for the party, will that burn a park ticket? I really son't need any for Epcot. However, if I'm at Epcot and I decide later in the day I want one, can I get one without canceling out fps for days later in the week? How does that work?
To clarify:
Wednesday Party, Thursday off, Friday DHS, Saturday MK, Sunday EP, Monday AK. (However I want to leave it open to possibly hop Thursday)

Booking Info for the Extra FPs & Nighttime Viewing
  • Bookable 90 days from your check-out date
  • Booked via phone with Disney SignatureServices (DSS)
  • You select the Extra FPs and nighttime viewing choices at the time of booking
  • The three Extra FPs and nighttime viewing selection can be modified via DSS later via phone, including the day of via phone (they give you an after-hours line to call as well since DSS closes at 5pm)
  • You cannot modify the three Extra FPs or nighttime viewing selections yourself in MDX, this can only be done by calling DSS
  • The three Extra FPs can be in any tier and any park

When I called DSS they told me nighttime viewing FP is no longer part of the "package" =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!