FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're going to MNSSHP, is the reserved night time show good for those fireworks too?
You’ll have to check with DSS as no one has booked CL Extras for any hard ticket parties. Plus, no one knows how lengthy this Trial will be.

Please report back if DSS has an answer. :)

Thanks for pointing out the typo in the original post. As noted, when modifying, any overlaps with existing FPs are blocked. When making your original selections, they are not. I will correct to avoid any further confusion!

I'm glad I found my answer on here, although, not what I wanted to hear. So, now I'm in a predicament. I have FOP schedule for a doable time, but ideally would like it earlier. In order to set up our day efficiently, I have another FP scheduled around the time I ultimately would like to have FOP for. However, when modifying other FPs for other days, I've come to the conclusion that it won't show you times (even if they're available) if they overlap with times that you have other FPs scheduled for. It used to be (if I recall), that it would at least show you the option and you had the choice to replace it or not. It sounds like it only gives you that option now when you're initially selecting FPs, but no longer when modifying. Do I have that straight? If so, that means in order to check for an earlier time for FOP, I shouldn't have anything else scheduled at/near those times I'm trying to get, right? At least this is how it appears to work on the website -- not sure if the app is different.

I'm glad I found my answer on here, although, not what I wanted to hear. So, now I'm in a predicament. I have FOP schedule for a doable time, but ideally would like it earlier. In order to set up our day efficiently, I have another FP scheduled around the time I ultimately would like to have FOP for. However, when modifying other FPs for other days, I've come to the conclusion that it won't show you times (even if they're available) if they overlap with times that you have other FPs scheduled for. It used to be (if I recall), that it would at least show you the option and you had the choice to replace it or not. It sounds like it only gives you that option now when you're initially selecting FPs, but no longer when modifying. Do I have that straight? If so, that means in order to check for an earlier time for FOP, I shouldn't have anything else scheduled at/near those times I'm trying to get, right? At least this is how it appears to work on the website -- not sure if the app is different.

You could just delete one of your FP's. Then you'd go in to make a 3rd FP rather than modifying. That would still show you all the times and all the rides. If FOP shows up it will let you make the switch.

Is there a direct link to someone's experience with the CLFP+? I'm curious but after reading a few pages in the thread, I am realizing it will take forever to get through!

You could just delete one of your FP's. Then you'd go in to make a 3rd FP rather than modifying. That would still show you all the times and all the rides. If FOP shows up it will let you make the switch.

Thanks, but since I already have FOP scheduled, I don't think it would show me FOP (or NRJ for that matter since they're both Tier 1) for another time, would it?

Yes it would. It's the same as when you are originally making FP's. If you are modifying then things change.

Thanks for the info. Now I just need to decide if I'm willing to get rid of one of my FPs for the potential chance of getting an earlier time for FOP. The one I have now isn't horrible, so I can definitely make it work. It would be so much easier, though, if they'd just show you the other overlapping times even when modifying. Oh well...

Not sure if it has been asked, but how does the window work if say I do a split stay with 1-2 nights at one of the DS Hotels or the Swolphin that get 60 Day FP+ followed by an "Onsite" stay. For my August trip, the prices drop substantially on Sunday (Day 1) so I made my onsite reservation to start that day. I was planning to stay offsite the night before, but was wondering if I stayed at DS or the Swolphin if I could make FPs for the entire stay 60 Days before that stay?

Not sure if it has been asked, but how does the window work if say I do a split stay with 1-2 nights at one of the DS Hotels or the Swolphin that get 60 Day FP+ followed by an "Onsite" stay. For my August trip, the prices drop substantially on Sunday (Day 1) so I made my onsite reservation to start that day. I was planning to stay offsite the night before, but was wondering if I stayed at DS or the Swolphin if I could make FPs for the entire stay 60 Days before that stay?
Split Stay info is the the FP FAQ Sticky by mesaboy2.

With onsite to onsite stays, you book for all park days when your FP window opens for stay#1.

This has probably been asked and answered already. I have a friend that I will be meeting at the parks on one of my days. She as a Florida resident pass. I've already made my fp reservations. I assume I send her an invite through MDE and then I can add her to my plans. I think she has a very short time frame that she can get fp but since I don't live in Fl I don't really pay attention to the fl resident rules.

This has probably been asked and answered already. I have a friend that I will be meeting at the parks on one of my days. She as a Florida resident pass. I've already made my fp reservations. I assume I send her an invite through MDE and then I can add her to my plans. I think she has a very short time frame that she can get fp but since I don't live in Fl I don't really pay attention to the fl resident rules.
With an AP if the person doesn’t have an on-site reservation they can make FPs 30 days out and can hold up to 7 days worth of FPs at anytime.

As soon as you link her MDX to yours, go to each of your FPs for that specific day and “Add Guest.” The system will add her if there is availability. She’s well within her booking window so you can also try to find an overlapping FP for her if the system won’t add her to your FP grouping due to no availability.

With an AP if the person doesn’t have an on-site reservation they can make FPs 30 days out and can hold up to 7 days worth of FPs at anytime.

I knew there was something about 7 days. I was thinking that was the window for booking.

As soon as you link her MDX to yours, go to each of your FPs for that specific day and “Add Guest.” The system will add her if there is availability. She’s well within her booking window so you can also try to find an overlapping FP for her if the system won’t add her to your FP grouping due to no availability.

Thanks, both of you. :thanks:

Hello. So I have a ticketing/FP question. My FP+ booking window opens Monday, so I am trying to get everything ready for it. This is for an onsite stay at the 60 day mark. My wife and I have annual passes so we are covered. I have a 7 day PH ticket assigned to my DD. We will actually be in the parks 8 days. My intent will be to add a day to this ticket while we are there. But here is my question for now. I have another ticket currently not assigned to anyone. Could I also assign that ticket to my DD and then would I be able to get 8 days worth of FP for her. That ticket would not be activated during our trip as I will add the extra day to the first ticket. Thanks for your insight.

Could I also assign that ticket to my DD and then would I be able to get 8 days worth of FP for her.
Yes, but, add the extra day to your ticket before you enter Park#1. Then immediately move the 1-day ticket to a fake person in MDX. You’ll protect your ticket from being used when entering the park.

Yes, but, add the extra day to your ticket before you enter Park#1. Then immediately move the 1-day ticket to a fake person in MDX. You’ll protect your ticket from being used when entering the park.
Thanks. That worked perfectly. I will make sure to take care of the ticket before we enter a park.

I read post #4 of this wonderful thread, but I'm still not clear.

We are planning to do all 4 parks in one day. If I only book FP+ for Test Track, will I be able to book 2 additional FP+ at AK after we tap in, or will I only be able to book them 1 and a time? I understand that I can't book FoP or Na'vi because they are Tier 1.

I haven't found the answer to this one either, though I may be overthinking it. We're in the parks for 10 days, can I make FP for the same thing more than once? (Just on different days)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter