FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we have park hopped, we always planned to use fp in the afternoon and we always rope drop. After looking this over I'm considering scheduling one and trying to get 2 fp for the afternoon...how successful is this for Epcot and hs in June?? We have been able to get multiple at mk not a problem so I'm not to concerned about this park. Oh and there is only two of us :)

We used this strategy at epcot in March. Had test track booked and once we scanned in i was able to book RnR at HS for 2 and TSM for 3 in our party. I was able to modify and get great times.

We used this strategy at epcot in March. Had test track booked and once we scanned in i was able to book RnR at HS for 2 and TSM for 3 in our party. I was able to modify and get great times.

Thank you for replying...we pick fp's in 2 weeks I keep going back and forth with this idea...but I am thinking we may try it this year! :)

So if you book 3 FP for one park, and scan into the first FP line, can you then modify one or both of the remaining 2 FP to another park? Or do you have to cancel them first and then add them? Can the 4th FP be used for a Tier 1 ride in another park?

If I book Soarin at Epcot, tap in, can I then book one FP+ each in DHS and MK. Say do RnRC at DHS and Splash at MK?

Especially with RnRC being Tier 1.

So if you book 3 FP for one park, and scan into the first FP line, can you then modify one or both of the remaining 2 FP to another park? Or do you have to cancel them first and then add them? Can the 4th FP be used for a Tier 1 ride in another park?
Cancel first. Modify only gives you choices for the park you are in at that time.

Another Tier 1 can be booked for FP#2 when hopping. And for FP#3 if hopping to a 3rd park.

I’m just checking to make sure I have this straight. I am arriving this Saturday, late afternoon. I only have 1 FP+ booked right now because of the late arrival. It is for FOP at AK. I will be hopping to MK after riding FOP as it will be closing time for AK. Once I tap in for FOP, I am able to choose 2 more FP+‘s for MK. Right? I hope I have that right. :teacher:

Ha! Thanks!
I’ll rather risk humiliation by asking this question than risk losing a FOP FP — re: the 60 day window, is it counted by day or is it same day, two months prior to check-in? We’re checking in June 17, so 60 days would actually be April 18.

I’ll rather risk humiliation by asking this question than risk losing a FOP FP — re: the 60 day window, is it counted by day or is it same day, two months prior to check-in? We’re checking in June 17, so 60 days would actually be April 18.
Correct, I checked by asking my friend, Siri. :)

Club Level Extra FP & Reserved Viewing Area Trial Program Summary
Credit to: @GADisneyDad14

Basic Overview
  • $50 per person, per day, plus tax - 3 day minimum
  • Available 3/13/2018 and beyond
  • Includes three “Extra FPs” per day (in addition to your three ‘regular’ FPs)
  • Includes one reserved viewing area selection per night; choices are MK/HEA, Epcot/Illuminations, HS/Fantasmic!, AK/ROL
  • Extra FPs, regular FPs and nighttime viewing selections are bookable 90 days from your check-out date (yes, your check-out date, not check-in date)
  • The minimum three days do not need to be consecutive
  • Not everyone in your party must purchase this program, you can choose the individuals
  • The program requires a minimum two night CL or other eligible room category reservation
  • You are charged at the time of booking
  • There is currently no announced end date to this trial program, but like any Disney trial it could end at any time
Booking Info for the Extra FPs & Nighttime Viewing
  • Bookable 90 days from your check-out date
  • Booked via phone with Disney SignatureServices (DSS)
  • You select the Extra FPs and nighttime viewing choices at the time of booking
  • The three Extra FPs and nighttime viewing selection can be modified via DSS later via phone, including the day of via phone (they give you an after-hours line to call as well since DSS closes at 5pm)
  • You cannot modify the three Extra FPs or nighttime viewing selections yourself in MDX, this can only be done by calling DSS
  • The three Extra FPs can be in any tier and any park
How this Works with the “Regular” Three FPs
  • Your regular three FPs can ALSO be booked via DSS at the 90-day before check-out mark (it’s not required, but is available at your discretion)
  • Once booked, you can immediately modify your three regular FPs yourself in MDX (but the three Extra FPs cannot be modified without calling DSS)
  • You can modify your three regular FPs to repeat a ride you have booked via an Extra FP
  • You cannot modify a regular FP to overlap a time window where you have an Extra FP booked
Reserved Nighttime Viewing Locations
  • MK/HEA - Plaza Garden West (this is the fake grass/garden area in front of Casey's, the opposite garden from where they do the Plaza Garden dessert party)
  • Epcot/Illuminations - Germany, on the water near the glass blowing cart
  • HS/Fantasmic! - Near the dessert & VIP viewing experience area
  • AK/ROL - Enter via the FP area, close to the water in that general FP area. It’s the first 6 rows closest to the center with the ability to choose your seats.
*Suggested arrival time is 15 minutes prior to the show’s scheduled start time.

Cancellation Info / Reservation Changes
  • There is a 2 day cancellation period
  • If you book this and then cancel a CL (or otherwise eligible) reservation after booking or modify it to a non-eligible room, the package will be cancelled and you'll receive a refund
Trial Program Caveat
  • The DSS CMs I’ve spoken too stressed this is a trial program
  • This is a pretty nuanced offering with a lot of manual entry required by DSS CMs and involves the dark underbelly of MDX
  • With something so nuanced and involving many different departments, I suspect details will continue to be fluid as we go along, so all of the above is subject to change
We are booked at 2 different resorts both CL rooms. How do you think the "check out date" will work for us? First stay is 4 days and second is 3 days.

We are booked at 2 different resorts both CL rooms. How do you think the "check out date" will work for us? First stay is 4 days and second is 3 days.
In the process of figuring out how to Edit the wording. :)

Others in the CL FP Logistics thread have noted you can book 90 days out from Checkout Day#1 and then Checkout Day#2. Or, you can wait until checkout Day#2 and book your Minimum 3 Days worth of FPs and entertainment.

Waiting until Checkout Day#2 gives you a slight disadvantage because others will be booking before you.

In the process of figuring out how to Edit the wording. :)

Others in the CL FP Logistics thread have noted you can book 90 days out from Checkout Day#1 and then Checkout Day#2. Or, you can wait until checkout Day#2 and book your Minimum 3 Days worth of FPs and entertainment.

Waiting until Checkout Day#2 gives you a slight disadvantage because others will be booking before you.

Thank you! I'll plan on calling and setting up the first half at 90 days from hotel stay 1 and then doing it again a few days later. I've had to do that in the past for fast passes. It's really annoying. The system should connect my reservations better.

I've got everything set in a excel spreadsheet so it should be easy to have them help me.

Thank you! I'll plan on calling and setting up the first half at 90 days from hotel stay 1 and then doing it again a few days later. I've had to do that in the past for fast passes. It's really annoying. The system should connect my reservations better.

I've got everything set in a excel spreadsheet so it should be easy to have them help me.
And be sure to check the last few pages of the Logistics thread where everyone is sharing experiences:
Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase (Logistics)

Ok, I read on the first posts about booking a 2nd Tier 1 FP after you've used all 3 in the park for the day. I noticed the post was from 2016 - are you still able to do this??

We have Soarin' booked for Tier 1, and 2 other Tier 2 booked. However our last tier 2 is in the evening - 5:15 - 6:15. I'm assuming FP's will be gone by then for the other Tier 1s! So if we move that to the AM, we could book Test Track or Frozen after we check in at Soarin' (if there are FP's left)??

Thanks!

ETA: Our night FP is for Nemo. I've never needed to use a FP for that in the past, but the family I'm traveling with (my bf's family) wanted a FP for that because they want to make sure their girls ride it. I have never seen a wait longer than 5-10 minutes ... is that still the case? (I haven't been in a 1.5 years) Should I try to direct them to use the FP for something else??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter