FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. No overlap at all.

This Extra program really benefits those who park hop. 3 FPs for Park#1 and 3 for Park#2 or any combination equaling 6 FPs.
Ok, that’s a bummer. Having to wait an hour in between, you can’t really cruise through the park all that much faster. Can you repeat attractions? Like a fast pass for flight of passage in the morning and then again in the evening?

@PAdislover - currently the system is allowing the 3 regular FPs to be Modified and rides can be duplicated. But, there are some posts suggesting that the FP system will Cancel out the duplicates.

That’s being discussed in the CL thread on the Resorts Board. The Extra FP program begins on 3/13 so follow the Resorts thread to see what’s actually happening.

@PAdislover - currently the system is allowing the 3 regular FPs to be Modified and rides can be duplicated. But, there are some posts suggesting that the FP system will Cancel out the duplicates.

That’s being discussed in the CL thread on the Resorts Board. The Extra FP program begins on 3/13 so follow the Resorts thread to see what’s actually happening.
OK, thank you so much. I will try to find that thread.

And, if there are cancelations taking place, we’ll update the info in this thread too. @GADisneyDad14 is also following the Resorts thread.
great, thx. I found that thread in the resorts section and it's so long and people are posting so much about club level offerings at all the different resorts....it was hard to wade through all those posts but I will keep following it. thx so much for your help.

I wanted to make sure I haven't been wasting my time. Am I correct that when trying to modify a NRJ FP for FOP, that there is no need to scroll and look? If I see Dinosaur at the top of my new experiences to choose from, that means Avatar FOP is unavailable correct? If FOP becomes available it will be at the top of the list correct?

Last edited:

I wanted to make sure I haven't been waiting my time. Am I correct that when trying to modify a NRJ FP for FOP, that there is no need to scroll and look? If I see Dinosaur at the top of my new experiences to choose from, that means Avatar FOP is unavailable correct? If FOP becomes available it will be at the top of the list correct?
Correct...it will first list other times available for Navi and then FOP would be right below that if available.

When we have park hopped, we always planned to use fp in the afternoon and we always rope drop. After looking this over I'm considering scheduling one and trying to get 2 fp for the afternoon...how successful is this for Epcot and hs in June?? We have been able to get multiple at mk not a problem so I'm not to concerned about this park. Oh and there is only two of us :)

Checking Availability for Same Park - Same Day
From the App
~ from a booked FP, choose "Modify”
*(Note: to check availability of a Tier 1 attraction, you must choose an existing Tier 1 to modify.)
~ scroll through selections to see availability
~ original FP remains intact if a new ride is not chosen
* The system does show ride availability for time slots that are blocked by original FP Return Windows.

I have a questions about the line in red above.
Say I find a new time to modify my FP (let's say FoP) that conflicts with another booked FP (let's say Dino) ... what happens?
Do I get a message saying there is a conflict and asking me if I want to dump the booked FP (Dino) in favor of the new modified FP (FoP)?

thanks in advance. tomorrow is my FP day!

If you go to modify a FP it simply will not show you times that overlap. If you're selecting prior to having all 3 chosen then it will show times that would overlap and warn you that you will lose that previous FP.

If you go to modify a FP it simply will not show you times that overlap. If you're selecting prior to having all 3 chosen then it will show times that would overlap and warn you that you will lose that previous FP.

oh ... well I guess I am confused, then because the first page of this thread, the post about modifying, says "The system does show ride availability for time slots that are blocked by original FP Return Windows."
Perhaps a typo?

I think that may be the case. For example, I have FP's for my May trip booked. On our arrival day I have FP's for 2:30-3:30, 3:35-4:35, and 4:35-5:35. I went in to modify the first one and this is what shows. There are no times for any FP timeslot that would overlap and I can't modify it for the same ride at a time overlapping the others.

Screenshot_20180328-144806.jpg

I think that may be the case. For example, I have FP's for my May trip booked. On our arrival day I have FP's for 2:30-3:30, 3:35-4:35, and 4:35-5:35. I went in to modify the first one and this is what shows. There are no times for any FP timeslot that would overlap and I can't modify it for the same ride at a time overlapping the others.

View attachment 312143

They changed something in the MDE App a few months back. It used to show overlapping times and if you selected it, you had to click to confirm you wanted to replace the overlapped FP. Now, when I try to add a FastPass, I find that it will not usually show me times if they overlap with an existing FastPass. It also shows the rides I already have FPs for as "No more Fastpasses available". If I cancel the overlapped FP, suddenly times show up during that period. Also, if you modify the overlapped FastPass, you can see other timeslots, but only if they don't overlap a different FastPass.

The difference is in making a FP vs Modifying a FP. It shows overlapping times when making FP's but not modifying. I just tried it to make sure and got the following with the option to continue or go back.

Screenshot_20180328-160358.jpg

Thanks for all the real-time research and details! :love:
Just to be safe, I think I will try not to schedule anything during my preferred time, just so I can keep checking easily. Thanks again for the help!

Thanks for pointing out the typo in the original post. As noted, when modifying, any overlaps with existing FPs are blocked. When making your original selections, they are not. I will correct to avoid any further confusion!

Some updates for y'all now that we're able to book.
RnR is Tier 2.
Alien, TSMM, and Slinky are Tier 1.
You can book your regular FP+ on the same days that you book purchased Club FP+.
Nightly shows must be on the same days on which you purchased Club FP+.

What do I do if I want to change one of the days I'm using fastpass?
I originally scheduled rides for a Thursday but now want to schedule for Friday. When I go to Friday it says

"These Guests have reached their maximum FastPass+ allotment. To continue, remove them from your party. Their existing plans won't change. Or, go back and select a date for which you already made FastPass+ selections."

What do I do if I want to change one of the days I'm using fastpass?
I originally scheduled rides for a Thursday but now want to schedule for Friday. When I go to Friday it says

"These Guests have reached their maximum FastPass+ allotment. To continue, remove them from your party. Their existing plans won't change. Or, go back and select a date for which you already made FastPass+ selections."
You’ll have to Cancel your Thursday FPs and book FPs for Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter