FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. If you’ve canceled all FPs without using any, the system reverts back to giving you another “initial 3.”

You can also make your 2nd and/or 3rd FP at another park as long as you don't have any remaining FastPasses reserved at the first park. I do this at Epcot frequently. I'll make only a Tier 1 FastPass (FEA, Soarin, TT) and once I tap in for that FastPass, I can make my remaining 2 FastPasses at another park for later in the day.

So today was my 90 days out from check out and I was able to secure my theme park extra passes.

Took about 20 minutes. Made all the changes I wanted.

He confirmed that Toy Story Mania will be open the week of May 16th through the 22nd however there will be no fastpasses available. It will be standby only.

Once I got off the phone with them I was able to change my regular fast passes 2 Double up on the headliners.

All in all, painless (except my wallet)

Oh and I accidentally deleted one of my regular fast passes. I just call them back up and they added it back in. I was not able to add a fast pass back myself because it's not my 60-day window but they had no problem doing it.

So today was my 90 days out from check out and I was able to secure my theme park extra passes.

Took about 20 minutes. Made all the changes I wanted.

He confirmed that Toy Story Mania will be open the week of May 16th through the 22nd however there will be no fastpasses available. It will be standby only.

Once I got off the phone with them I was able to change my regular fast passes 2 Double up on the headliners.

All in all, painless (except my wallet)

Oh and I accidentally deleted one of my regular fast passes. I just call them back up and they added it back in. I was not able to add a fast pass back myself because it's not my 60-day window but they had no problem doing it.
Thanks for sharing! All of the info about this program is very positive; were you able to purchase the Extra FPs for your checkout day, by chance?

What would be the impact on FP+ availability at 60 days with this trail CL FP+ offer? Though my family decide to splurge on our upcoming trip by staying at club level, I don't have an extra $600 lying around to give to Mr. Iger. My family went to WDW two years ago for the first time. Other than the FOP, there isn't much "must do" on our Disney bucket list... What's the chance for my family to get a FP+ for FOP at 60 days mark? We are going first week of August.. TIA

What would be the impact on FP+ availability at 60 days with this trail CL FP+ offer? Though my family decide to splurge on our upcoming trip by staying at club level, I don't have an extra $600 lying around to give to Mr. Iger. My family went to WDW two years ago for the first time. Other than the FOP, there isn't much "must do" on our Disney bucket list... What's the chance for my family to get a FP+ for FOP at 60 days mark? We are going first week of August.. TIA
The CL FPs are a separate pool of FPs that don’t affect the 60-day booking. The Trial Program also allows a special event to be booked for each paid night.

You shouldn’t feel as if you need to pay for the 90-day out selection of FPs. If you follow the booking tips here in this thread and on the board, you shouldn’t have a problem booking your FPs 60 days out.

Wonder if there just aren't going to be any FPs for TSMM until the opening of TSL. Planning to go to HS 5/24 and I guess will be in the RD standby line with everyone else.

Club Level Extra FP & Reserved Viewing Area Trial Program Summary
Credit to: @GADisneyDad14

Basic Overview
  • $50 per person, per day, plus tax - 3 day minimum
  • Available 3/13/2018 and beyond
  • Includes three “Extra FPs” per day (in addition to your three ‘regular’ FPs)
  • Includes one reserved viewing area selection per night; choices are MK/HEA, Epcot/Illuminations, HS/Fantasmic!, AK/ROL
  • Extra FPs, regular FPs and nighttime viewing selections are bookable 90 days from your check-out date (yes, your check-out date, not check-in date)
  • The minimum three days do not need to be consecutive
  • Not everyone in your party must purchase this program, you can choose the individuals
  • The program requires a minimum two or three night CL or other eligible room category reservation (note: more info isneeded to confirm if it’s really a two or three night minimum resort stay)
  • You are charged at the time of booking
  • There is currently no announced end date to this trial program, but like any Disney trial it could end at any time
Booking Info for the Extra FPs & Nighttime Viewing
  • Bookable 90 days from your check-out date
  • Booked via phone with Disney SignatureServices (DSS)
  • You select the Extra FPs and nighttime viewing choices at the time of booking
  • The three Extra FPs and nighttime viewing selection can be modified via DSS later via phone, including the day of via phone (they give you an after-hours line to call as well since DSS closes at 5pm)
  • You cannot modify the three Extra FPs or nighttime viewing selections yourself in MDX, this can only be done by calling DSS
  • The three Extra FPs can be in any tier and any park
How this Works with the “Regular” Three FPs
  • Your regular three FPs can ALSO be booked via DSS at the 90-day before check-out mark (it’s not required, but is available at your discretion)
  • Once booked, you can immediately modify your three regular FPs yourself in MDX (but the three Extra FPs cannot be modified without calling DSS)
  • You can modify your three regular FPs to repeat a ride you have booked via an Extra FP
  • You cannot modify a regular FP to overlap a time window where you have an Extra FP booked
Reserved Nighttime Viewing Locations
  • MK/HEA - Plaza Garden West (this is the fake grass/garden area in front of Casey's, the opposite garden from where they do the Plaza Garden dessert party)
  • Epcot/Illuminations - Germany, on the water near the glass blowing cart
  • HS/Fantasmic! - Near the dessert & VIP viewing experience area
  • AK/ROL - Enter via the FP area, close to the water in that general FP area
Cancellation Info / Reservation Changes
  • There is a 2 day cancellation period
  • If you book this and then cancel a CL (or otherwise eligible) reservation after booking or modify it to a non-eligible room, the package will be cancelled and you'll receive a refund
Trial Program Caveat
  • The DSS CMs I’ve spoken too stressed this is a trial program
  • This is a pretty nuanced offering with a lot of manual entry required by DSS CMs and involves the dark underbelly of MDX
  • With something so nuanced and involving many different departments, I suspect details will continue to be fluid as we go along, so all of the above is subject to change

Is there a current list of “eligibile room categories”? If I’m an AP holder and DVC member with reservation for BLT, do I qualify? Thanks for all the info.

Is there a current list of “eligibile room categories”? If I’m an AP holder and DVC member with reservation for BLT, do I qualify? Thanks for all the info.

To my knowledge, the eligible rooms include CL rooms, resort suites, Poly Bungalows, WL Cabins, and select suites at Swan/Dolphin. I do not think any Villa/DVC room categories (other than the Bungalows/Cabins and the few AKL DVC CL rooms available) are included. I’d suggest a quick call to Disney Signature Services just to be sure: 407-939-7777

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
To my knowledge, the eligible rooms include CL rooms, resort suites, Poly Bungalows, WL Cabins, and select suites at Swan/Dolphin. I do not think any Villa/DVC room categories (other than the Bungalows/Cabins) are included. I’d suggest a quick call to Disney Signature Services just to be sure: 407-939-7777

Hope that helps!

The only other DVC eligible rooms would be the CL rooms at AKV.

Hi I have a question for anyone who has bought/booked these extra club level fast passes. Do they all have to be spaced out only one FP per hour? That would still put you being a park for 6 hours for 6 attractions. Or can you overlap the times with this new program? Sorry if this has been answered previously in the the thread somewhere. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!