FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with this idea...is it better to Fp in the morning when park hopping? We will be going in June and I've only Fp in the afternoon....what do you think? We park hop every day. Thanks

Say I have a 10-day ticket plus 3 parties tickets linked on my account. Will I be able to make 13 days of FP+ choices or will I be limited to 10 days because the system can't differentiate between a regular ticket and the party ticket?

Say I have a 10-day ticket plus 3 parties tickets linked on my account. Will I be able to make 13 days of FP+ choices or will I be limited to 10 days because the system can't differentiate between a regular ticket and the party ticket?
You will have 13 ticket entitlements for FP booking. You are still limited to 3 per day, though, so cannot book on a regular ticket and a party ticket in the same day (if linked to the same account).

So with this idea...is it better to Fp in the morning when park hopping? We will be going in June and I've only Fp in the afternoon....what do you think? We park hop every day. Thanks
This is really a matter of personal preference and how you tour. If you arrive at your first park at rope drop, you can likely save your selections for park #2. It also depends on the park. If hopping to MK, there are so many FP attractions there that it's not difficult to get decent day of FPs. If hopping to HS or EP, you will have much more limited availability, especially for tier 1 attractions. So it really just depends on your priorities for the day.

PARK HOPPING

Booking a FP+ for another park while in the first park:

(test credit to @marciemi)

When 3 FP+ are booked for Park #1:
With the new updates to the FP+ system as of April 2016, in addition to booking your 4th FP+ of the day on your phone (instead of a kiosk), you can now book FP+ for a different park than the one you’re in. If you have booked 3 FP+ for the first park, as soon as you scan at the first touchpoint to get in the FP+ line for your third FP+, you can then make a 4th FP+, either for the same park, or for another park. Be sure to allow yourself enough travel time for travel between parks when selecting your time.

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP+ and then still have 2 more FP+ for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).
OK, I hope I'm understanding this correctly. I think I may have misunderstood this for awhile now, but my sis n law brought it to my attention.... example: I have been making 3 fp, then after the 3rd getting on my app to make another later, but if I'm reading this correctly I can make just 1 fp, then after I use that fp I can get on my app and make another for later in another park?? I ask this because for so long now I thought we had to do 3 at the initial park before making a 4th elsewhere?? I'm so confused...:confused3

OK, I hope I'm understanding this correctly. I think I may have misunderstood this for awhile now, but my sis n law brought it to my attention.... example: I have been making 3 fp, then after the 3rd getting on my app to make another later, but if I'm reading this correctly I can make just 1 fp, then after I use that fp I can get on my app and make another for later in another park?? I ask this because for so long now I thought we had to do 3 at the initial park before making a 4th elsewhere?? I'm so confused...:confused3
If you book 3, you must use all 3 before you can make another anywhere (so it's not use 1, make 1 more when you still have 2 remaining). However, if you ONLY make 1 in advance, then once you've scanned at that first FP (so the system knows you're actually in a park that day), then you can make the remaining 2 (since you're allowed 3 originally) for whatever parks you want at that point (so if you're at Epcot and scan at Soarin', you can then book 2 at MK. Or one at MK and one at HS.) You can't make a 4th until you scan at the 3rd FPP, whatever park it happens to be in.

They just changed that last year to accommodate park hoppers. For advanced booking you can book from 1 up to 3 FPs. You can book the 4th for another park after you scan the third FP. If you book 1 to 2 FPs, you can book the second and/or third FP for another park after you scan the first FP.

Thanks! All this time this past year I've made all 3 thinking I had to. I didn't even realized they had changed it. So glad I can do only 1 at Epcot and make something else after that, makes it where you can look a lot sooner,lol... :thumbsup2

Im very confused. We have tickets for the halloween party along with a 10 day pass PH plus. Are we able to book 6 FP on the halloween party day or just three? Both that halloween ticket and the 10 day pass is linked to the same accounts.

Im very confused. We have tickets for the halloween party along with a 10 day pass PH plus. Are we able to book 6 FP on the halloween party day or just three? Both that halloween ticket and the 10 day pass is linked to the same accounts.
Just 3. Of course if you're in the park already and use your initial three, you could continue to get a 4th, 5th, etc. until the official party time (when there are no longer FP's).

Going forward, the updated Disney Terms of Service needs to be followed when pre-booking FPs in MDE:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-experience-terms-conditions/
  • The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to make FastPass+ selections must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+selections are redeemed.
This does mean that discussion of booking or using FPs using ticket media that will not be used for admission into the parks (extra tickets, APs belonging to others, FPs for family members who decide not to enter a park, etc.) will not be allowed as that would be circumventing Disney TOS.
If someone decides on Saturday night that they will not be going to MK on Sunday, can they transfer their Sunday fast passes to someone else on Saturday night?

If someone decides on Saturday night that they will not be going to MK on Sunday, can they transfer their Sunday fast passes to someone else on Saturday night?
That is the premise of the Change Party function - Selecting/deselecting to move the FPs to another ticketed user.

hodad ~ I'm not sure of timeframe parameters. :)

Does this mean that the ability to change parties on a fast pass reservation is now a violation of the TOS? Will that button disappear on the app and website?
hodad ~ if you have tickets in your MDE, book a FP. Then Change Party and you can move it to someone who has joined your group, or, you can add in other ticketed people to that FP.

hodad ~ if you have tickets in your MDE, book a FP. Then Change Party and you can move it to someone who has joined your group, or, you can add in other ticketed people to that FP.

Using the "Change Party" button would you be able to move all three FP at the same time or is it one at a time?

Using the "Change Party" button would you be able to move all three FP at the same time or is it one at a time?
Each FP has a Change Party function.

It's so you can add or delete members of your traveling party.

With a booked FP, you can Cancel, Modify, or Change Party. Those are the only options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!