FP, DAS, Child Swap, service dog, baby

DG25

Mouseketeer
ok this every changing family has changed again and we will have a situation I am not sure how it would work. For the last few years, I and my guide dog walk thru the line until almost the very end and then the dog usually goes in a kennel or my adult DD' will hold her while I go, they will even allow my 12 yo granddaughter to hold the dog.

So now we have a baby, or little one, 21 months when we go in jan. So it will be me and guide dog, DD, and baby. So we will have FP, DAS, child swap and maybe but probably not this time the kennel and we know how they all work. Except I'm not sure how they will allow me to go thru a line.

I need my dog to guide me, or my DD because I can't do all the twist and turns in a queue. But if the baby is to small to go on the ride, will they allow us all to proceed until near the front and then have them step aside like they do when we don't have a baby, or because of the baby will they not allow us thru the line at all. If that is the case neither my DD or I will be able to ride many rides.

Does anyone know how they would handle this situation?

if you are too small to ride you are not allowed in the line. I know some people that go alone with a child that is too small and they can not ride things. It sucks.

ok this every changing family has changed again and we will have a situation I am not sure how it would work. For the last few years, I and my guide dog walk thru the line until almost the very end and then the dog usually goes in a kennel or my adult DD' will hold her while I go, they will even allow my 12 yo granddaughter to hold the dog.

So now we have a baby, or little one, 21 months when we go in jan. So it will be me and guide dog, DD, and baby. So we will have FP, DAS, child swap and maybe but probably not this time the kennel and we know how they all work. Except I'm not sure how they will allow me to go thru a line.

I need my dog to guide me, or my DD because I can't do all the twist and turns in a queue. But if the baby is to small to go on the ride, will they allow us all to proceed until near the front and then have them step aside like they do when we don't have a baby, or because of the baby will they not allow us thru the line at all. If that is the case neither my DD or I will be able to ride many rides.

Does anyone know how they would handle this situation?

Will you have a stroller for the baby? I think that might make it easier. Regardless, I don't see why you wouldn't proceed as normal through the queue, then do rider swap. The only problem that might occur is if one of you were trying to hold the baby plus your service animal's leash; and that's only from a perspective of how the person holding the baby and the leash would handle (for example) trying to get a bottle or pacifier out of a diaper bag while managing the dog, the baby and the bag alone.

Will you have a stroller for the baby? I think that might make it easier. Regardless, I don't see why you wouldn't proceed as normal through the queue, then do rider swap. The only problem that might occur is if one of you were trying to hold the baby plus your service animal's leash; and that's only from a perspective of how the person holding the baby and the leash would handle (for example) trying to get a bottle or pacifier out of a diaper bag while managing the dog, the baby and the bag alone.

The baby is not allowed in queues with a height requirement though.

OP it sounds like you need another person (someone who can watch baby, etc, outside of queue) on this trip.

Ok, nice to know that now, I sort of had that in my medical NF but since it has been so long since we had a baby I could not remember and when we did have a baby back then there was no DAS and there was no dog, so I guess we are going to have to come up with a different answer for a few rides. Anyone want to help me figure out what rides?

Splash mountain and BTRR are fine, only a few steps to the loading dock.

Space mountain may be out because that is the whole FP line.
Same with mine train.

Test track and soaring will be out unless they allow us to go to the back way into the kennel area, then wait, which would then allow me to do them since it is a short walk.

RnR I can do. TOT will be out unless they allow me to go to kennel area first, and then it will be tricky unless they allow DD to walk me to elevator, once on elevator i should be fine.

So I guess my answer, is taking the dog up to the kennel is the answer in almost all but a few rides, then kennel her and walk the few steps to the ride alone, which I can. It is when the kennel is not up front that I can't because baby and dog have to stay outside, which means I can not do the queue alone with a cane.

Good to know before we go, thanks.

So this is probably a silly question but what is a DD? We will also be traveling with a service dog when we go next time and I was looking for info on how that works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter