FP TIER changes at DHS as of August 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven’t had reason to care too many times, but of the times we’ve tried we have had expired FPs not fall off more often than not. Then, if we wanted to try for additional FPs we had issues. That made me realize the importance of tapping in (if possible) to use your 3, instead of letting them expire.
This is why we will tap out on FPs we decide we don't want to use as we have had similar issues with expired FPs not falling off and causing problems.

This is why we will tap out on FPs we decide we don't want to use as we have had similar issues with expired FPs not falling off and causing problems.

always in the boat it seems. even worse DH often doesnt come into the park until after 1 or 2 of our FPs have expired, and trying to book new ones for both of us never works.

We prefer to use "burner" FPs and tap in if we want to make more for tier 1 at any park later. We had issues early on when practicing refresh a couple of years ago with the let them fall off method. Since we started using burners, we have had no issues. I dont think any change tot he tiers at DS will make much difference. We will just grab a tier 1 early in the morning, modify it up, Use two burners back to back and then start refreshing the rest of tier 1.

As long as it only start Aug 29th. My trip is the 24 to 31st and I was hoping to get HS done early in the week. Like before GE opens :)
doing the same and also doing emm dhs to knock it out and be done with dhs one time only that week. one and done...unless i'm doing swe which is a separate distinction

I hate this change so much. We’re going for GE opening weekend. Trying to book FP will be a nightmare because I don’t know how long we will be in line for the Star Wars stuff. And now I have to allot 2 days to ride RnRC and TSM?
same issue...idk what to do about this. even dining too! no clue. i know though i am doing emm dhs 8/26. so should i do a fp for rnr or tot after breakfast? not like though everyone will be sick to their stomachs. so now i need to return if they want to do these two rides. or just skip them . avoid dhs unless it's swe. just not doing tot or rnr this trip maybe

I have been trying to follow along. Has it been confirmed where Star Tours is in the new system? Is it still tier 2?

Looking at touring plans fast pass availability page, for Aug 29 Slinky is at 6:00 pm and all other rides are available at 6-7 AM. Seems like even with everything at tier 1 most people are choosing SDD. Also it's so weird to see fast passes starting at 6 AM.

So..... FP are available during EEMH? Thought it was when parks ‘officially opened. Our FP day is in 3 weeks......

i didn't even check this morning when i did my fast passes 8/26 and on. I just did later afternoon at another park. I just don't understand. you show up on swe big grand opening and you want to go to toy story? aren't you there for the big opening? and if not wouldn't you be at another park? By ' you' I mean the collective 'you'. i will be there grand opening and i am either going there to swe at dhs or another park. am i missing something? why would you want to combat crowds at dhs for toy story?

i didn't even check this morning when i did my fast passes 8/26 and on. I just did later afternoon at another park. I just don't understand. you show up on swe big grand opening and you want to go to toy story? aren't you there for the big opening? and if not wouldn't you be at another park? By ' you' I mean the collective 'you'. i will be there grand opening and i am either going there to swe at dhs or another park. am i missing something? why would you want to combat crowds at dhs for toy story?

Because there will probably be 2 lines. It's the perfect time to have the rest of HS to yourself.

clearly . if sdd was available for fp this morning then i guess so because 26-30 when i'm going there was nothing for sdd!

Given we have no idea how the day will be handled I will probably try to book FP in HS for that day. What if there is a virtual queue and I need to hang out in HS for a bit? What if I get in early and am done with SWGE by noon? Without more info on how the line/entrance will be handled it is all a guess at this point.

Given we have no idea how the day will be handled I will probably try to book FP in HS for that day. What if there is a virtual queue and I need to hang out in HS for a bit? What if I get in early and am done with SWGE by noon? Without more info on how the line/entrance will be handled it is all a guess at this point.

I understood it that the 6 am - 9 am is only for resort guests and that 9 am is when the rest of those not staying in the World can be let in so FPs couldn't really begin until 9:00 am, which is troublesome to me since I wanted to be out by 9/10 am and wanted to utilize FPs. Now that we cannot until 9 am, I am thinking TSL, ToT and RnR will be packed by 7/8 am, with only standby lines. Is this not correct about what I thought about FPs for MGM for the 6 am opening?

Thank you.

I understood it that the 6 am - 9 am is only for resort guests and that 9 am is when the rest of those not staying in the World can be let in so FPs couldn't really begin until 9:00 am, which is troublesome to me since I wanted to be out by 9/10 am and wanted to utilize FPs. Now that we cannot until 9 am, I am thinking TSL, ToT and RnR will be packed by 7/8 am, with only standby lines. Is this not correct about what I thought about FPs for MGM for the 6 am opening?

Thank you.
Correct, no fp are available gettin 6-9 during eemh.
For regular 6am opening during the first 3 days you can book fp

Correct, no fp are available gettin 6-9 during eemh.
For regular 6am opening during the first 3 days you can book fp

Thank you. I guess that is what confused me, I wasn't aware that there was a regular 6 am and an EEM 6 am. We will be at MGM on September 11 so that is EMM 6 am, no FP for me! I'll use for Epcot in the evening.

Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter