FP TIER changes at DHS as of August 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our next trip is a year and a half away, but this "evil genius" will make me finally buy park hoppers🤣. Other than when we were AP holders, we've always done base tickets.

I don't know why folks think you have to scan for FP you don't want to use. I never do. Didn't several times last week, well close to week before last now, we came home last Monday. We skipped a bunch of FP and were able to get additional no problems. I've actually never done a tap and run, never had to. So that whole bit was confusing me and honestly, I sipped reading all those posts because they made no sense.
That is great to hear. Thanks!! I had never had a problem before either but I keep seeing people say it so I thought it was something new. The only place we haven’t used all of our fastpasses was Epcot but I could have sworn we were able to get a second fastpass after we used the 1st. Thanks again.

It still royally sucks but better than I thought.

So the strategy would be to grab one close in proximity to where your first one is, correct? Otherwise, you would waste time running back and forth in the park. Hmmm. So if someone had a FP for TSM, they could RD SDD and then as soon as they tap into TSM, they could make FP for VoLM for right after, tap into it, and then immediately make a FP for BatB for right after that. After tapping into it, one could make a FP for ToT, and if there is a need to wait, can ride RnRC first. Is that how it could work? Then after tapping into ToT FP, a FP for MK could be made. Would that be the smartest way to do TSM, SDD, ToT, and RnRC? Those will be the only ones my crew will be interested in--unless they want to do ST, but that could be one we book in advance since it's Tier 2.

Yes, that is an excellent strategy.

I don't know why folks think you have to scan for FP you don't want to use. I never do. Didn't several times last week, well close to week before last now, we came home last Monday. We skipped a bunch of FP and were able to get additional no problems. I've actually never done a tap and run, never had to. So that whole bit was confusing me and honestly, I sipped reading all those posts because they made no sense.
We haven’t had reason to care too many times, but of the times we’ve tried we have had expired FPs not fall off more often than not. Then, if we wanted to try for additional FPs we had issues. That made me realize the importance of tapping in (if possible) to use your 3, instead of letting them expire.

I was angry at first. However, the more I discussed it on other forums the more I think they don't have much of a choice right now in terms of crowd control. Given the sprawling morass that is WDW, it may be the only way.

I have an upcoming trip in December. Given I've already been on ToT & RNR, I'll prioritize a TSL attraction & rope drop Galaxy's Edge for the immersion (Smuggler's Run I may just skip depending on crowds). If it looks too crowded to even look for some scrap metal, I'll use the fastpasses I do have.

I agree the changes suck, but I'm hoping there's a lot more like those saying they're staying away from DHS on their trip when I'm down there🤣.

Last edited:
August 29th is the opening of SWGE at DHS however Smuggler's Run will not open with FP. When the land does open some changes will happen to the rest of the tiers. ALL THREE Toy Story Land attractions will be Tier 1 as well as Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Roller Coaster. The rest of the attractions will be Tier 2.

What "rest of the attractions"? There is pretty much nothing else in the park.

Have a trip right after the 6am-9am EMH are scheduled to end. Hoping that is when they revert back to the prior tiers (which I would bet would happen when Galaxy Edge starts FP - and two months after opening seems a possible time) or that they extend the EMH. I can't justify using FP at all at DHS currently.

Have a trip right after the 6am-9am EMH are scheduled to end. Hoping that is when they revert back to the prior tiers (which I would bet would happen when Galaxy Edge starts FP - and two months after opening seems a possible time) or that they extend the EMH. I can't justify using FP at all at DHS currently.

If you're skipping GE, then I think a reasonable strategy would be to rope drop & do the attractions you can/want. Save FP+ & hop over to the other park in the noontime.

This may be a stupid question, apologies, but this will be our first trip since they introduced FP+!
If you only book a Tier 1 FP in advance (we are staying onsite so can book at 60 days) and don't book any Tier 2s... eg if we only booked SDD for the morning of our HS day but booked nothing else... once we tapped into SDD could we then jump on MDE and book for RnRC or ToT? Or will the system insist that we have 2 tier 2s first?
Thanks!

I hate this change so much. We’re going for GE opening weekend. Trying to book FP will be a nightmare because I don’t know how long we will be in line for the Star Wars stuff. And now I have to allot 2 days to ride RnRC and TSM?

It will be a cold day in the fiery pits of Hades before I book...er, WASTE a fastpass on a show.
Waste a FP on a show. Waste a FP by booking something you aren't going to use and letting it expire by not being used. Not much difference that I can see. Heck there are rides that FP are useless for too, if you think about it. I figure if they gotta be booked, and there's nothing else too book them on, well then why not book them? What else are you going to book?

Waste a FP on a show. Waste a FP by booking something you aren't going to use and letting it expire by not being used. Not much difference that I can see. Heck there are rides that FP are useless for too, if you think about it. I figure if they gotta be booked, and there's nothing else too book them on, well then why not book them? What else are you going to book?

Well, booking and then letting them expire will probably be my technique. Maybe book them for first thing in the morning while im sleeping in or at another park...

That sucks. Because of RnRC and ToT I realy love DHS. With RD and FP I usually ride each of these 2-3 times on my DHS-day. On my departure day (had to leave at 3/4p.m.) I always used my last 2-3hours at Disney World to end my trip with these rides after RD MK or AK. For my upcoming trip in November with these changes, I think about skipping it complete :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!