FP TIER changes at DHS as of August 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that, but are the only changes for DHS? Also, some have been saying they may just book one tier 1 fast pass at DHS, and then park hop and use the rest at a different park. Last I understood, you had to make all fast passes in one park.

The first ten posts of the FP FAQ have current info.

Last edited:
Yes only at DHS. When you book in advance you can only book at one park. You can book a tier one at DHS (just one) and then park hop somewhere else later.
Do people make 3 FP at HS early that then expire before hopping or do they make 1 FP then hop and try to get 2 day of FP at a different park? (Can you do that?)
We barely used our park hoppers the last 3 trips despite staying at Poly. Debating park hoppers for the next trip. This trip could be different with it being Xmas week and SWGE open.

Do people make 3 FP at HS early that then expire before hopping or do they make 1 FP then hop and try to get 2 day of FP at a different park? (Can you do that?)
We barely used our park hoppers the last 3 trips despite staying at Poly. Debating park hoppers for the next trip. This trip could be different with it being Xmas week and SWGE open.
People will definitely do the first thing you said. Honestly I’m not 100% if the second option will work. It should in theory but I’ve never tried it.

Just FYI, this post about park hopping from the FP FAQ Addendum sticky addresses what y’all are discussing: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...nytime-bonus-fps-cl-fps.3538258/post-56320829
Thanks. It appears making 1 FP and then hopping to a new park and making same say FP is a legit thing. I don’t know if I will have the guts to not make 3 FP during Xmas week. Many people claim that they only end up riding what they have FP for even if it is a ride that traditionally doesn’t need a FP. I feel like Xmas week may require unique strategies.

Thanks. It appears making 1 FP and then hopping to a new park and making same say FP is a legit thing. I don’t know if I will have the guts to not make 3 FP during Xmas week. Many people claim that they only end up riding what they have FP for even if it is a ride that traditionally doesn’t need a FP. I feel like Xmas week may require unique strategies.

Like with anything, this is totally YMMV based on a variety of factors, but from my experience in those busy times, I find refreshing results can be better than “slower” times. You have gobs of people and gobs of open park hours - more people, more open park hours = more FPs = more people constantly changing FPs. Plus less poor weather throwing wrinkles in things. I could refresh like a champ around New Years. Had far less favorable results two weeks ago. I’m sure some of it was just timing luck or bad luck, but some of it was definitely fewer hours in the day and fewer FPs in the pool, so to speak.

There was just a change in which rides are in which tier. That information is in this thread. No other changes to FastPass.
Does anyone know if when you use your FP you can then add one by one at HS? So if you use all 3 can you then add a Tier 1, one at a time?

Ok I just wanted to make sure with the new policy that was still the option

All FP booking is explained in the FP FAQ Sticky.

FP booking for Park Hopping is explained in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky.

New Tier designation does not affect FP booking policies.

Redirecting to the Stickies as the 60-day and 30-day FP Booking Windows have the new Tiering for DHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter