Four Seasons or Deluxe monorail resort?

MeridaMerida

Mouseketeer
I'm looking at both for a family stay. Family of 4 with a 2 year old and baby. Any opinions on deciding between Four Seasons or a Deluxe monorail?

Four Seasons .. what I like (we visited it but haven't stayed before):
Extra magic hours, 60 day fast pass booking
Scheduled bus routes/ nicer and less crowded bus
Amazing pool and splash pads and things to do with kids
Poolside drink and food service
Better restaurants and kids eat free
Coffee/Gelato shop
Less crowded option for character dining
Book through a luxury agent, so I get free breakfast buffet or room service breakfast daily, $100 spa credit, free valet and free room upgrade plus they usually will do a special gift like champagne or something for kids when we arrive
King bed + sofa bed is ideal for us
Balcony on every room
Larger room with nicer amenities
Spa/Gym
Childcare on site
Quieter
Turn down service in addition to room cleaning

Negative: Slightly more expensive but not if you compare view rooms in a deluxe, no monorail access

Disney Hotel... what I like:
Theming
Monorail Access
Boat Access
Feels more Disney

Negative:
Food feels overpriced for quality

Last edited:
With young kids I would guess you will be back in the future. Personally, I would try the Four Seasons. I think it would be a much nicer experience, and it's newer. Try the others at a later date. Your kids might appreciate the other ones when they are older.

If money isn't an issue I would go with Four Seasons. The parks are hectic and crowded and it will be nice to go back to a luxurious and comparatively quiet resort. I have a soft spot for GF but it really isn't as nice as Four Seasons.

I'm going to be the contrarian here and recommend a monorail resort, specifically the Polynesian...especially if you're going at a busy time of year (which, let's face it, is most of the year now).

I've stayed at other Four Seasons locations, and no doubt...they are fabulous. But at WDW, the transportation thing is a huge deal, especially with little ones as young as yours where you will potentially need quick access to your room for naps, supplies, pool times, toddler meltdowns, etc.

We took our D on her first WDW trip when she was 23 months old and stayed at the Grand Floridian in the main building. It was absolutely wonderful to be able to get her back to the room so quickly when we needed to on days we were visiting MK (a short monorail or boat ride). We discovered, though, that to get to Epcot you actually have to take 2 separate monorail rides from the GF (one to the T&TC, then switch to one to Epcot), but at the Poly you can take a short walk to the T&TC and then just jump on a direct monorail to Epcot. So for our trip at the same time the next year, we booked the Poly and got that ease and convenience for 2 parks. :)

True, the Poly isn't going to be as luxurious or as fun for the grown-ups as the Four Seasons...but if you peruse the hotel threads on these boards you'll see the Poly recommended over and over again in particular for parents of young children due to the ease of transportation. It also has a really cool volcano pool and lush, beautiful grounds with a beautiful beach. And when you've been there when you're hot and tired and your kid is cranky and screaming and you just need to get back to your room NOW lol, you totally get why the Poly is such a great idea! Once we discovered it, we stayed there every year until our D was past the temper tantrum/meltdown stage, lol.

Hope that helps! I'm sure you will have a fabulous trip no matter where you choose to stay. :)

I haven't stayed at the Four Seasons but will seriously consider it the next time we book a trip. If you can really get the EMH and the 60 day FP+ I honestly don't see any downside to trying it.

How much are you planning to be in the parks? That was the deciding factor for us with our upcoming multi-gen trip. We looked at some off-site options including FS. But in the end, with a baby (13 months) and three other kids all under 6 we decided to go with CL at the Poly. We have 8-day passes and plan to go at least 4 days (not long days) to MK. The ease of transportation to the parks and the ease of someone being able to come back early even if others want to stay made it a better choice for us than anywhere off-site. I do know we are giving up the luxury of the FS and spending more money to do it this way though! Your kids are younger so they would likely think the stay at the FS is your vacation without even going to the parks!

If you book after 3/21, remember to add $24 per night to park at a deluxe Disney hotel. (But parking at the parks will still be free for onsite guests.)

I have stayed at both four seasons Orlando and grand Floridian. Question is... how Disney do you want it to feel? If you are depending on transportation and don’t have a car. I would do Grand Floridian with a two year old. If you’re looking for a great resort, great food, have a car and are limiting your time at Disney I’d say 100 percent Four Seasons. But if you’ve stayed at other Four Seasons the Orlando one is very different. It is much larger. Than many of there other properties. If I haven’t said already amazing food

How much are you planning to be in the parks? That was the deciding factor for us with our upcoming multi-gen trip. We looked at some off-site options including FS. But in the end, with a baby (13 months) and three other kids all under 6 we decided to go with CL at the Poly. We have 8-day passes and plan to go at least 4 days (not long days) to MK. The ease of transportation to the parks and the ease of someone being able to come back early even if others want to stay made it a better choice for us than anywhere off-site. I do know we are giving up the luxury of the FS and spending more money to do it this way though! Your kids are younger so they would likely think the stay at the FS is your vacation without even going to the parks!
Most we could do is half days with our toddler! he wouldn't last a full day. I also think I would rather do pool/resort time for a few hours each day. There definitely wouldn't be park hopping. We would get a pass and probably just do 1 park a day.

Most we could do is half days with our toddler! he wouldn't last a full day. I also think I would rather do pool/resort time for a few hours each day. There definitely wouldn't be park hopping. We would get a pass and probably just do 1 park a day.

A strategy that could work to make short days for small children would be to divide MK by lands...Go to Fantasyland and Tomorrowland on Day 1 and Frontierland, Adventureland and Liberty Square on Day 2. Makes short days very doable and gives you 2 days of FP+ for MK.

I have stayed at both four seasons Orlando and grand Floridian. Question is... how Disney do you want it to feel? If you are depending on transportation and don’t have a car. I would do Grand Floridian with a two year old. If you’re looking for a great resort, great food, have a car and are limiting your time at Disney I’d say 100 percent Four Seasons. But if you’ve stayed at other Four Seasons the Orlando one is very different. It is much larger. Than many of there other properties. If I haven’t said already amazing food
A strategy that could work to make short days for small children would be to divide MK by lands...Go to Fantasyland and Tomorrowland on Day 1 and Frontierland, Adventureland and Liberty Square on Day 2. Makes short days very doable and gives you 2 days of FP+ for MK.
I love this idea!

I've also heard you can watch fireworks from the Four Seasons hotel rooftop restaurant which would be a nice perk. That's not something I see us attempting to stay for with kids that little in the parks.

I'm also surprised most people said 4 Seasons on here! Thought for sure it would be a lot of people saying we were missing out on the theming and experience by not staying at a Disney hotel.

Four Seasons hands down. We have stayed at the GF before and there’s no comparison the level of service you get at FS.
FS has the splash pad for little ones. The pool attendants are amazing so you don’t have to worry about carting the kids around when you want to order a drink or snack.
The buses are much much nicer than Disney’s and they have a prompt schedule so you know what time to be ready for pickup.
We don’t plan to ever stay in a DW resort again. FS has spoiled us and there’s no turning back.

For me it'd be: -

Four Seasons: Genuine luxury and exceptional customer service:) Awesome pool complex:) ...But they do allow dogs.:sad1: (Don't want to to open that can of worms here; it just is a negative from my perspective.)

Monorail Resort: Theme:) MK and lake location:) Other resorts and Epcot a monorail ride away:) ...But all the issues lately with poorer Disney guest service:sad1: ...And much busier resorts with day visitors :sad1:

Hmm. On balance, probably the Four Seasons, then. Especially, if you're likely to have any days where you just relax at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter