Four Oceans?

pamelaj

Mouseketeer
Was reading reviews of the glow SUP and glow kayaks offered via Four Oceans at the beach. Has anyone on here tried this yet? Do they really attract fish? Do I really need to reserve in advance? Do they run out? It looks fun, but I'd prefer to wait and see what night works best, if possible. We are headed there next month, so excited!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't know anything about availability, but I would not partake in or recommend an activity that alters the natural behaviour of wildlife.

The lagoons are man-made and Aulani's / Four Seasons is the busiest of all - therefore there is never a large amount of fish in it. I don't think that the SUP's would cause any injuries to the fish IMO - there are many more harmful activities that people condone here quite often (swimming with dolphins / turtles being the main one).

OP - it must be a fairly new addition to the lagoon, we were there in April 2018 and it wasn't on then.

To be clear, I don't believe this is an "Aulani" activity but rather in independent company that operates off the beach in the lagoon at night. We saw them out there when we were doing the Aulani stargazing activity. They were set up towards the Four Seasons end of the lagoon. They looked pretty cool out on the water but I can't comment on whether they attract fish, though the fish activity in the lagoon may be different at night then during the day anyway (there isn't much during the day as PP mentioned).

As far as needing reservations, I'm not sure but given the way they seem to operate (bringing in the SUPs and work off the beach in the evening) I'd think it would be wise to have reservations since they don't bring tons of boards. But I'd bet you don't need to make reservations that far in advance. I also only saw SUPs, not kayaks, so its possible they don't bring those unless someone books them?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter