Four nights in Vero Beach too much? (Disney to follow for four nights afterwards)..

BLTLDZ

Loving our DVC :)
Just like the title states.
DH & I are excited to check out VB, and then we move on to stay at the BC, in the beginning of may. With airfare costs, it is more economical to fly out one day earlier than planned, and we were able to get the room for the extra night. My concern is , is four days overkill? Thanks so much for any input :hippie:

I would hate to cut our beloved disney trip by one day unless it is REALLY worth it :rotfl:

For a lot of people, yes, four days is too much. I personally like Vero Beach and spend 4-7 nights there when I go. If you are prepared for a quiet, relaxing trip, it is perfect.

We (DH, myself, DS 14 & 10 at time) stayed for 4 days after a bcv stay for 4 nights. It was perfect but we used it to unwind after the parks. If you will spend the whole beach time "waiting" for WDW then it may be too long.

Just remember this saying "One day in the mouselands is definately better then a day at work". You will have a good time no matter when you stay.
Worst thing that can happen is you rent a car and sight see. Theres Cape Canaveral, everglades, and the Atlantic beachs all about 2 hours drive of Vera.

At Vero, 2 days was not enough for us (me, dh & ds's 17, 17, & 16). 4 days sounds wonderful & very relaxing.

We (a couple with no kids) spent a week there in November and loved it - but we expected it to be a quiet, relaxing vacation. I agree with perpetualplanner - if I combined it with a parks trip, I'd keep Vero until last due to anticipation anxiety :) If you already have plans to do Vero first, I'd suggest a just few days and either be psyched up for relaxation or have day trip plans.

I think 4 days at VB sounds wonderful! We love combining a beach vacation with our Disney trip.

Love the resort, but the beach has been really nasty lately. My husband & I could be content there for four days, but we would need lots of books.

Vero Beach is hands down my family's favorite (and we are owners at BLT!). The kids continue to ask to go back. Four nights at Vero is not near enough for my family! We've gone to Vero the last two spring breaks for 7 nights and had perfect weather (aside from 1/2 rain day) and absolutely did not want to leave.

Now, that being said, we are beach and pool people, so we could be outside all day long. If you are not a big beach/pool person, it would be tougher because it is a small resort and it is not like WDW where there are endless things to do. However, if it is you and DH, there are a lot of good seafood restaurants within 10-20 minute drive (highly recommend trying a few) and Vero Beach itself is quite nice. So little day trips can be added in.

With kids, Vero was a delight. We had camps set up at both the beach and pool and went back and forth between them. Throw in the mini-golf, arcade, friends they make (much easier to make friends at Vero than WDW as people are on the property all the time and it is so much smaller), and the pool and beach, and everyone was happy. I'm so sad that we aren't going back this spring break for 7 nights. But we are heading on the Dream in June and doing both would be too much strain on the budget! Have a wonderful trip!

Vero Beach is what sold my husband on DVC!. We don't even leave the resort. Bleachers by the Pool is great for lunch and a nice cocktail by the pool. The bar at the Inn is wonderful. We did the seafood buffet at Shutters and it was great, so much food. Plus you have the beach. We find it a most relaxing place to visit. I'm sure that you will have a wonderful time.

We couldn't do 4 nights at Vero. We've been there twice and the 2nd time was for 4 nights and by the 2nd night we could've left and been content with the visit. 3 nights would be max for our family.

Vero Beach is hands down my family's favorite (and we are owners at BLT!). The kids continue to ask to go back. Four nights at Vero is not near enough for my family! We've gone to Vero the last two spring breaks for 7 nights and had perfect weather (aside from 1/2 rain day) and absolutely did not want to leave.

Now, that being said, we are beach and pool people, so we could be outside all day long. If you are not a big beach/pool person, it would be tougher because it is a small resort and it is not like WDW where there are endless things to do. However, if it is you and DH, there are a lot of good seafood restaurants within 10-20 minute drive (highly recommend trying a few) and Vero Beach itself is quite nice. So little day trips can be added in.

With kids, Vero was a delight. We had camps set up at both the beach and pool and went back and forth between them. Throw in the mini-golf, arcade, friends they make (much easier to make friends at Vero than WDW as people are on the property all the time and it is so much smaller), and the pool and beach, and everyone was happy. I'm so sad that we aren't going back this spring break for 7 nights. But we are heading on the Dream in June and doing both would be too much strain on the budget! Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks! Would you mind recommending a few grreat seafood restaurants? It will be just the two of us, and we will have a car. Thanks! :goodvibes

We couldn't do 4 nights at Vero. We've been there twice and the 2nd time was for 4 nights and by the 2nd night we could've left and been content with the visit. 3 nights would be max for our family.

This is what I am thinking....I may knock one night off. My DH gets bored easily, especially if it's too much beach/pool. That's why he LOVES WDW, endless possibilites.. :wizard:

Imho, NOPE! we just stayed there last week for 7 nights, it was heaven on earth, even with 1 rainy day.

As I said above, we were there for a week and loved it - even though it rained (record rain of almost 4 inches one day) and was incredibly windy and chilly for the season (Halloween and week after). It depends on your expectations and what you want to do. We relaxed (sometimes indoors as it was too chilly by the pool), read a lot and slept in. I'm ready to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter