found really old Magic Kingdom tickets in my grandpa's house, r they worth anything?

Discussion in 'Disney Collectors Board' started by chris4disney, Sep 18, 2009.

1. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

Yes and small world was an E :scared1:

2. jodeeb

jodeeb Mouseketeer

I have the same ticket book!! I found it at my parents right after we returned from our last trip. I remeber the trip too. We went in 1975 and the Bicentenial was big. I have a bunch of pictures from the parade. All themed for the Bicentenial. The trees are so small. Its funny to think that when I went to Walt Disney World at 11, Magic Kingdom WAS WDW. Its amazing to think what it has turned into. Wow!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. jodeeb

jodeeb Mouseketeer

Thanks to the OP for bringing back some memories of the Magic. I remember that we were only in the World one day. We had went with extended family and had such a great time that day. Although I remember it in glimpses, some of them are as clear as my memory of my last trip in June. I remeber how magical it was to arive in the park via Monorail. That in its self set it apart from any other amusment park of its time. Then I can remember the Castle and Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. I cant remember everything, but Space Mountain I can stilll visualize my ride. My best memory was that late that night when we(aunts, uncles, and cusins) were trying to get into a show, we were absulutely exhausted, a couple Cast members told us we couldnt get into the show( I think it was presidents hall), until we could name all 7 dwarfs. I think we got to 6 and were guessing ... they kept us struggling for a while then let us in. I have always remebered that and smiled. What an impact those CMs had had on me way back then. Such a little gesture with such a big impact!

5. thesupersmartguy

thesupersmartguy DIS Veteran

Neat. Thanks for posting.

6. DisneyDan71

DisneyDan71 Earning My Ears

I found this site online that sells old tickets and park collectibles: www.ownthemagic.com.

Maybe they would be able to tell you the value, year etc...

7. jgplimdesign

jgplimdesign Tiki Room Traveler

Remember the booklets from when I was very small. . . I have a few of them in my scrapbook. My parent's kept a log book when we went on vacation. They documented everything----cost of gas, lodging, a meal, a soda, a Mickey t-shirt etc. Anyow. . .the book still exists. . .and it is amazing to read. . . but. . .what I wanted to say, was that I have some of the parking tickets from my first visit. 50 Cents!?

8. bradisgoofy

bradisgoofy Retired, can see MK fireworks from my window, CM

We have two used books from August 1973. I'd have to look to see what tickets are still there but we did use the tickets while we were there on our honeymoon.

9. cap'njack.

cap'njack. Totally in love with Lisa_C

Awesome...thanks for posting those they are really neat.

10. denisegold

denisegold Mouseketeer

Very cool! If you decide to keep the tickets, maybe you can also find a few photos of your gramps (? and grams) at Disney, and you can make a matted collage- how cool would that be?

11. chris4disney

chris4disney DIS Veteran

The funny thing is, when my mom found these tickets, she never knew that her parents went to WDW. Atleast they never took her there! :rotfl: So I'd have to believe that they got these from someone else for some reason.

12. B&WMickey

B&WMickey DIS Veteran

I didn’t know that you could buy supplemental tickets. I remember going in 1978 and wanting to go on a particular ride and my mom telling me we were out of the type of ticket needed for that attraction and they didn’t want to spend money to buy a whole book of tickets just to get tickets for just one ride. It could be they just didn't want to go on whatever ride it was and found a convenient excuse to get me to drop it.

I also remember a funny SNL skit in which a group of people got stuck on Small World for hours when the ride broke down. One of the characters in the skit started complaining that he couldn’t believe they wasted an E-ticket on this ride.

13. JeffZ

JeffZ Mouseketeer

Boy those pics of the old tix really takes me back. I came across a partial book stashed away in my dad's papers after he passed about 10 yrs ago. I think my brother still has it. I'll have to ask . It reminds me of a simpler time@ WDW....as it always does. How many of us have so many memories tied to that reclaimed swampland/orange grove in central Florida????

14. PrincessBetsy

PrincessBetsy "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

:lmao:

Thanks for posting a pic of the tickets. They are so neat!

15. Redheaded Sunshine

Redheaded Sunshine Mouseketeer

You also didn't need a ticket for the Carousel of Progress, though I don't know when it was introduced...but my mother and I always crack up because she told me how it was (and still is) one of her favorite rides because of it.

16. TLinden16

TLinden16 Scotty and Ray at Jelly Rolls are the best!

I'm going to move this over to our collector's board. You might get some great info over there.

17. Kathleen Hamrick

Kathleen Hamrick Earning My Ears

18. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

19. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

Warning 8 year old Zombie thread.