• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Forward or Aft on Deck 2??

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
I am choosing our cabin today and the only available (from All Seasons Travel) are 2126, 2130, 2132, 2026, 2024, 2528, and 2620. These are all forward or aft, mostly port side.

My DSs will be teens when we cruise so it's not like I have small children or a stroller to deal with. Does it really matter which end of the ship you're on? I have been to Dave's site which lists the "noisy" cabins on Deck 2, so I will avoid those.

Other than avoiding the noisy cabins, do you have any opinions on which one to choose? thanks

I definitely recommend aft....particularly stateroom # 2126....we only book cat 9's on deck 2 aft...the reasons are:

1. aft elevaors are least used/least crowded on ship
2.it could be argued that you feel less motion on a lower deck
3. aft location on deck 2 is close to many of the venues you'll go to most: PC, AP, Buena Vista Theater....as well as a straight shot up the elevator to Topsiders, deck 9 bev station, Scoops, Plutos.

I hope this helps...

BTW...although on Daves noisy list, 2126 was fine when we stayed in it....Dave will admit, as I've corresponded with him in the past, that this list is a general guideline....the worst staterooms are the ones directly under nightclubs....

Stay as far away as possible from the rooms around room 2152. We barely slept it was SOOOO loud :mad:

I can share some specific information about 2626, which is on Dave's noisy list. It is right over a cargo door, and I never realized just how early the ship arrives in port (especially Port Canaveral the last day) until I stayed in that stateroom! We were under the Rockin Bar D once too, and it was honestly better than 2626. I'd rather fall asleep hearing the bass than be woken up at an ungoldly hour from the noise of loading/unloading.
Personally, I am an aft person. It's my favorite spot on the ship, and the farther back the better. One thing to keep in mind is that you will probably hear some engine noise back there. For me, that is a good thing, as I sleep with a white noise machine at home and the engine is like white noise to me, lulling me off to sleep. I hate hallway traffic noise, but the more engine sounds the better! But some people don't like that sound, so just keep that in mind.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanks everyone for your comments and opinions. I asked DH for his input in choosing a cabin and he liked the forward-port side cabin that we had on our RCI cruise last month, so I chose cabin #2026 which is also forward-port side. It's not on the "noisy room" list, so hopefully it will be fine :)

I would choose the Aft anytime! We stayed there last cruise and that is where we are staying for hte next one.

seaspray:

I feel like I've responded to all your threads today!! LOL

We stayed in 2 connecting cat. 10's on deck 2 aft & port (2135 & 2137) and loved the location. As others stated, it had some engine noise but nothing bad at all and we really liked the proximity to aft elevators & stairs, PC, AP, theater, and also quick to Shutters & the atrium. That being said, I'm sure you'll enjoy the forward rooms as well.

Now my question to you--what RCI cruise did you recently do? I'm thinking of trying them for our next vacation (2004). Really looking at a Voyager class ship (maybe Mariner). How do I find great info about the ships layout & rooms for RCI? Their website is terrible for trying to find connecting rooms, rooms that sleep 3 or 4, etc. Thanks for any answers. :)

HI hilltopfamily:

We were on Royal Caribbean's smallest ship, the Nordic Empress. We sailed her from NYC to Bermuda about a month ago with 2 of my brothers and their wives. It was wonderful. Even being in a forward/inside cabin, and on the somewhat-rough Atlantic ocean, it was fine, no seasickness at all. We did take 1 Bonine tablet each morning with breakfast though, just to be on the safe side because I had read that the waters between NYC and Bermuda can get rough and people do get sick. We hit a bit of rough waves on the way back, but never got sick and just thought it was fun and added to the atmosphere of the ship. (but thats just me, I also like roller coasters. lol)

There is an excellent message board where I found a lot of great info about our cruise, its www.cruisecritic.com then go to their Royal Caribbean message board. There's a lot of info about all of their ships and you can ask specific questions. Also, try just doing a search on the internet about whichever ship you are interested in, there are several cruise sites that have info, too.

We plan on doing the 9 night Voyager out of NYC in summer of 2005. I like the idea of not having to fly. A lot of people can't understand why we're flying next summer for the Disney cruise when we live so close to Boston and NYC and so many ships to choose from that sail from those ports, but I tell them that Disney is the ONLY cruise I'd fly for!! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter