Fort Wilderness- which type of site do I need?

elcodfish

Mouseketeer
The cheapest option at Fort Wilderness is:

Tent or Pop-Up Campsite
Room for a pop-up camper or a camper van-type vehicle, and up to 2 tents
Accommodates equipment on a concrete pad up to 10 feet by 25 feet

I have a 23 foot travel trailer which of course is pulled by my truck. Would my travel trailer fit there, or would I need to book a bigger site? It's a $40 a night difference so I would love to be able to book the smaller site if possible. Anyone have any experience with this?

The cheapest option at Fort Wilderness is:

Tent or Pop-Up Campsite
Room for a pop-up camper or a camper van-type vehicle, and up to 2 tents
Accommodates equipment on a concrete pad up to 10 feet by 25 feet

I have a 23 foot travel trailer which of course is pulled by my truck. Would my travel trailer fit there, or would I need to book a bigger site? It's a $40 a night difference so I would love to be able to book the smaller site if possible. Anyone have any experience with this?
Tent Loops are for tents, pop-ups, and vans. You will need a site for a travel trailer:" Full Site" is the cheapest for your needs.

You will need to book a full site. Hard sided trailers are not allowed to book tent site/pop up sites. There are also no sewer hookup in tent/pop up sites.

Just be careful in the full hookup site and don't twist your ankle on the edge of the pad. We marked ours with the orange levellers we have as the awning mat covered the edge of the concrete pad.

Definitely a Full Hook Up site. However, just a few weeks ago in the 2000 loop (tent, pop up, camper van) in the site next to us was a hard sided trailer, truck and tent. Lucky them-they got in a lot cheaper!

If you don't care about the sewer hookup (and Fort Wilderness DOES NOT have a dumping station so you will have to go somewhere else to empty), you could probably get a tent site and save the money. I've never done it and it goes against the equipment list that Disney states but based on other threads I've read, it sounds like it's frequently done and they won't prevent you from doing it. Having said that, you might not fit with everything on the site - is 23' the length to your hitch? If not, you might be too long and won't have room for your tow vehicle.

Last edited:
The Fort does not always enforce their own policies. But you never know. It's always better to comply than take a chance.

Talk about not enforcing the rules, site 701 "a premium" has 8 or 9 tents, 2 or 3 EZ-ups and a travel trailer. I would not liked it, if this was next to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter