Fort Wilderness Christmas Decor

Tink1017

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if the fort wilderness campground can be driven through with a rental car or if it is more for walking only? If so would I be better parking my car somewhere at fort wilderness and walking or take the boat from MK? Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if the fort wilderness campground can be driven through with a rental car or if it is more for walking only? If so would I be better parking my car somewhere at fort wilderness and walking or take the boat from MK? Thanks in advance!
Fort Wilderness Campground can NOT be driven through with a rental car.
What are you trying to accomplish? Walking distances are a mile or more

I was thinking about going to check out the light displays. We have been quite a few times over to the settlement area for fried chicken and the playground off th boat, but I never saw any campground/ RV areas where the lights are. Just trying to figure out how you can get to them.

The Fort is where people stay and walk on the loop roads (sidewalks only on the two main roads in the resort). Campers drive from their campsite to go off-resort and then return. It's not a drive through exhibit. You can park (if the guard tells you there is space) in the main parking lot up at the check-in building area. Park there, take any internal bus (Purple = cabin loops, Orange and Yellow are camping loops) and get off anywhere or ride to the end (all 3 colors end up down at the Settlement bus depot near Trails End, Hoop Dee Doo, and the boat docks).

Get off at any bus stop to see camper light displays (recommend Orange or Yellow lines). Down at the Settlement, the sites right in that cluster (loops 100, 200, 400, 700) have nice displays that are close together that you can walk along and see. 1600 and 1700 generally have some good displays. There are people who come every year and set up Christmas lights and displays and are generally in the same area every year.

Bama Ed

PS - there are no internal large parking areas; just the campsites and cabins that belong to people with one parking spot at best.

PPS - a boat from MK would be good too since it puts you out near the 100, 200, 400, 700 cluster and the Settlement Bus Depot.

PPS - or you can try to call and rent a golf cart at the Fort. It's $65 a day for a 4-seat cart with tax (no hourly rates).

Last edited:

So helpful!!
We were able to catch a few when we did the horseback riding... saw cabins.
Thx for sharing!!

Another way to see the lights is to do a horse drawn carriage ride through. If you take the boat from MK, when you get off and walk towards Trail's End, the carriage rides are right there. From the Disney site:

Holiday Sleigh Rides
Take in the magic of the holidays with a cozy "sleigh" ride through secluded woodland beauty. Decorated with lights and garlands, these "sleighs" are available during the month of December.

You’ll board your “sleigh” for a 25-minute ride at the main entrance of Crockett’s Tavern at The Cabins and Campsites of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Carriages fit up to 4 adults, or 2 adults and 3 small children.

Each horse-drawn holiday sleigh ride costs $84. Reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days in advance by calling (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent of guardian permission to call.

THere are also wagon rides you can join. The cost is about $8 per person, and so much fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!