Fort Wilderness Campground Christmas 2010

Hey Everybody. Last minute update. Dee is going to be released TOMORROW (Wednesday):woohoo: . That's great news. The not so great news is she is going to be released in the A.M. (you know what that means in hospital lingo :confused3). Depending on when we get back to the coach, I'm not sure if I will have enough time to set up the castle show. Just playing it by ear right now.
It will be sooooo good to have her home!!! :yay:

Dave

Hey Everybody. Last minute update. Dee is going to be released TOMORROW (Wednesday):woohoo: . That's great news. The not so great news is she is going to be released in the A.M. (you know what that means in hospital lingo :confused3). Depending on when we get back to the coach, I'm not sure if I will have enough time to set up the castle show. Just playing it by ear right now.
It will be sooooo good to have her home!!! :yay:

Dave

Good news. Family is everything. Merry Christmas :yay:

Our very first experience of WDW, we stayed at Fort Wilderness, that was 1988. We absolutely loved it. Now the trailers look like log cabins, but boy have the prices skyrocketed. Don't miss the Hoop De Do Review.

hello friends & fiends,

We will be staying in a cabin for the first time over Xmas and we can't wait to get there! I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a golf cart parade happening on Dec 25 and when/where it would be....also any other special events at FW or WL we should know about?

thanks and we hope to see you there - it's me, my mom and my 7 year old nephew Cain who will be there dec 25 - 27 - always happy to meet up with other families with boys!

happy holidays!
Cathy

SO happy to hear that Dave's wife is much better. After eating in DTD last night, we drove to the Fort, and braved the cold to bus and then walk to Dave's site, hoping to meet him, but things were dark. We've seen his great castle, but haven't met Dave yet. But we will! We did get to see a lot of other great decorations, but other than the people going into the last HDDR show, the Fort was very quiet (and cold)!

We made it! We are in site 1112 if you can stop by :goodvibes I don't have a lime green sign but a mickey wreath on the front of the 5er

Hey everybody. The wife is doing well. Been out for a couple of lunches and she is slowly getting her strength back.
Finally got the castle show up and running this past Thursday. It runs from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. We are in site # 707. So stop buy and say hello if you get the chance.

Dave

We are glad to hear things are turning around for you. We tried to catch back up with you a few times during our stay but were unable to. DD3 kept asking to go check on Dave and see if he has any more bracelets. We are sorry we missed the castle this year, but we are really happy that you guys are starting to enjoy your vacation.
It was a pleasure meeting you, hope to see you again next December!!

TH

Hi, Dave. I wanted to thank you for sharing your wonderful castle display with my family this evening. We came by on a sleigh ride and you gave each one of my three little boys a glow stick. You may recall my 4 year old exclaiming, "I'M SO HAPPY!" Thank you for sharing your talents with your friends at the Fort! Merry Christmas!

Amy

I am not a Ft camper, but I wanted to personally thank all of you that are and take the time to decorate. For the 3rd year in a row, my DH and our close friends rounded out our holiday meal with a walk around the fort to look at the lights. I enjoyed everything I saw, ooh and aahhed, and wished I had some of the deocrations seen. The castle show was as special as it was last year when we stumbled upon it.

Again, Thank you all for some great memories

Hi, Dave. I wanted to thank you for sharing your wonderful castle display with my family this evening. We came by on a sleigh ride and you gave each one of my three little boys a glow stick. You may recall my 4 year old exclaiming, "I'M SO HAPPY!" Thank you for sharing your talents with your friends at the Fort! Merry Christmas!

Amy

Hey Amy. Yes, I remember it perfectly. That was soooo cute. You have a wonderful family. I will look forward to seeing you next year !!

Dave

Hey everybody. We have returned home from the Fort. What a wonderful time we had. We never made it to any parks (Dee wasn't up to that), but toward the end of out trip we managed to get in a few and lunches and a dinner. She is on her way back to normal.
I hope everyone enjoyed the Castle show. It was REALLY great meeting sooo many Disboards friends. You are a wonderful group of caring people. There were magical moments at the Castle show. I saw folks with tears in there eyes and on one of the sleigh rides, the young couple got off the sleigh and the young man got down on one knee and proposed, right in front of the castle (it was perfect timing, right at the end of the Wishes sequence, FIREWORKS going off) !!!!!!! WOW ,what a moment. There were cheers and tears. I won't ever forget that. I believe keylime359 was there for that one.
I look forward to seeing you all next year.

Dave

What a story, Dave! That proposal was priceless. Happy to hear that your wife is feeling better.

Hey everybody. We have returned home from the Fort. What a wonderful time we had. We never made it to any parks (Dee wasn't up to that), but toward the end of out trip we managed to get in a few and lunches and a dinner. She is on her way back to normal.
I hope everyone enjoyed the Castle show. It was REALLY great meeting sooo many Disboards friends. You are a wonderful group of caring people. There were magical moments at the Castle show. I saw folks with tears in there eyes and on one of the sleigh rides, the young couple got off the sleigh and the young man got down on one knee and proposed, right in front of the castle (it was perfect timing, right at the end of the Wishes sequence, FIREWORKS going off) !!!!!!! WOW ,what a moment. There were cheers and tears. I won't ever forget that. I believe keylime359 was there for that one.
I look forward to seeing you all next year.

Dave

Yes, that was magical! Thank you for all of that hard work! It is now a tradition! I even got my parents a sleigh ride so they could see it again. (they did not have a golf cart). I am so glad your wife is doing better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter