Fort Wilderness Cabins

Thanks for all the replies. My husband and I have stayed at almost every hotel in WDW but never the cabins. We have biked all over Fort Wilderness, done the Hoop De Doo a few times and even did the Segway Tour over there. We always wanted to try them and think in these times a cabin would be the best for social distancing. No lobby or common areas to walk through, completely separate from other rooms and parking right outside the door. A big plus after a long day at the parks. Walking from the WL or AKL to your room after long day could be a marathon in itself.

I have a question about the golf carts, what do they charge per day ?? We are in decent shape and walk everywhere, is it really a necessity ??
Also I work while on vacation so good Wi-Fi would be needed, do you think it will be adequate ??

I am staying in the cabins right now. I do have a golf cart, but I too am underwhelmed. I must have had too high of expectations. When I checked in I was told my cabin was ready, but I could not extend my golf cart reservation at the front desk would have to go outside to the golf cart area and do it there. I get out there and was told no I could not do that there would have to go back inside.. well that is just the beginning. Needless to say there were some nice things but also not what I expected from Disney and the cast members I encounter. I will be writing a letter to Disney regarding my disappointments in hopes no one else encounters what all I encountered during my stay.

With all that said, I would not plan to stay in the cabins again, I may stay if I had my own “rig”.

Can you elaborate on what you were disappointed in ?? If you are unhappy enough to write a letter that is concerning.

I have a question about the golf carts, what do they charge per day ?? We are in decent shape and walk everywhere, is it really a necessity ??
Also I work while on vacation so good Wi-Fi would be needed, do you think it will be adequate ??

I think it was ~$65/day plus taxes. We use(d) it to tour at night when the campsites are lit with their own, unique decorations. So for us, even a single day rental was well worth the cost (and depending on availability, I could extend the rental).

Thanks for all the replies. My husband and I have stayed at almost every hotel in WDW but never the cabins. We have biked all over Fort Wilderness, done the Hoop De Doo a few times and even did the Segway Tour over there. We always wanted to try them and think in these times a cabin would be the best for social distancing. No lobby or common areas to walk through, completely separate from other rooms and parking right outside the door. A big plus after a long day at the parks. Walking from the WL or AKL to your room after long day could be a marathon in itself.

With tax, it is exactly $67 per day. They are not needed (we’ve done both ways), but sure does cut down on the walking, time, use of internal buses, and is so much fun.

As far as walking, you will have to walk from your cabin loop (and some of them are larger than others) to the nearest bus stop. Without a golf cart, I’d request a smaller loop like 2300 or 2500. Also, it’s a nice walk from the marina/boats to the settlement depot buses. But, IMO, not all that different than staying at AKL/WL and walking from the bus to your resort room.

DH has had no issue with the WiFi for business.

Last edited:

Can you elaborate on what you were disappointed in ?? If you are unhappy enough to write a letter that is concerning.

When I arrived I was given many mixed messages and inaccurate information at the front desk, the “concierge “ was extremely rude. I am not one to ever complain, however this was the worst experience I have ever had staying on or off property. It was not as to what I expect from Disney. The golf cart staff and housekeeping though were amazing. I don’t want to go into details here as it isn’t necessary. Just my own experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter