Fort Wilderness Cabins

torismom

DIS Veteran
I am debating a stay here or at the Holiday Inn Family Suites. How does everyone feel about the cabins and Fort Wilderness? We would be going in May, which is regular season. What have rates been here the past in regular season using codes or an ap rate? Thank you.

We LOVE the cabins!! We stayed in the 2500 loop Dec 19-29. We checked in under value season and had an AP rate. Total with tax was $144 a night. This was a good deal and we are hoping for the same type rate for our June trip. We love FTW and can't wait to go back. PM me if you want more info.

Melanie

I'm not sure about the prices. www.mousesavers.com can help you with that, but the cabins are great. Separate bedroom so you can put the kids to bed and stay up. Kitchen saves some money even if it's just for a quick breakfast. We have graduated to two connecting rooms because we have teenagers now and can't live without two bathrooms, but the cabins and Fort Widerness are great.

Haven't stayed at HIFS, but from what I've read, the major differences I can see are -
- HIFS fridge/microwave vs full kitchen in cabin
- HIFS queen (king?) bed in parent room vs double & bunks in cabin bedroom.
- 3 rooms HIFS vs 2 in cabins
- HIFS 2 or 3 TVs vs 1 in living room of cabin.
- pool at HIFS looks more interesting

Then there are the usual onsite vs offsite issues. I wouldn't stay offsite without a car, but FW without a car is ok. EE, e-nights.

We loved the cabins, but there are only 3 of us. The transportation took some time to figure out and was not very convenient, even when we understood what we were doing. From the cabins you always need to take an internal FW bus and then either another bus or a boat to the parks. You can also rent a golf cart to park around the campground, but it's pricey. There is a pool within walking distance of the cabins but that's about it.

We have always camped at Ft. Wilderness. Even if we could afford a hotel room, I would would still prefer this. Especially if you have kids, you can go outside your cabin and observe wildlife, it is very peaceful and relaxing after spending time in the parks. You have your own kitchen so no standing in lines waiting to be seated at a restaurant; you have the evening campfire program/movie, beach, lots of recreation areas, walking trails, etc.

If you have children, there are plenty of places for these to let off steam and explore.

Ft. Wilderness is an experience not to be missed!

p.s. We've never had any problems with the transportation either.

I love the cabins and FT Wilderness. If bathrooms are an issue you can request the 2200 loop which backs up to a regular camping loop (1100 I think) and you can take the path to the comfort station and laundry. Five of us stayed in Christmas 01, and we never really had trouble with the one bathroom. We all agree the cabins are a great place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter